Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don’t have enough background in either to comment. I tried to play around with creation engine and was totally lost.

However my understanding is the core concepts in creation engine are approximately the same, so letting people with 15ish years of experience tinker with it might be more appealing to them than starting from scratch
There are exceptions to be sure, but one of the ways that transference between releases is lost is how many modders move on and either get jobs in the industry after modding or don't mod the same games. It's kind of a big problem in the mod community because someone will make a hugely popular mod and basically disappear.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Personally I'm a "fan" of their creation engine. I don't know how they do it, but loading times are very fast compared to most games of similar sizes, graphically both Skyrim and FO4 were right up there with the typical level of eye candy of their day too, and the modding community is well established, and people are familiar with the tools. One thing they could do is add a duck / prone action, they've never incorporated that in their games for some reason and I think they could achieve a similar effect that Elden Ring achieved over soulsborne with a jump button.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I can forgive some planets being boring if they're a spectacle. Tidally locked planets where everyone builds on the equator because the sunward side is too hot, and the far side is too cold. Mercury supposedly has pools of frozen water at the bottom of some of its deeper craters despite cooking the whole time. The atmosphere of Venus is so dense you could make a floating cloud city on the middle/upper layers. A hollow planet. Ocean worlds. Worlds with a toxic atmosphere and people only live on high mountains in the breathable layer.

Hopefully they'll know how to make planets with more than one biome (desert planet, ice planet, forest planet...blech).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Unreal isn't perfect at versioning. Blueprint is undiffable so you really have to keep track of what you did to make a decent commit note. Git treats them as binary too.

Every time conan patches I get at least 2 or 3 steam messages about my mods being broken. 9 times out of 10 it is some dumbass problem on the user's end, but sometimes I load it up and one little wire somewhere in the file got disconnected. How that happens I have no idea.

I can't even keep conan's devkit on my main machine anymore. It's 250 goddamn gigs. I have to keep it on my server, which strangely runs it way better than my main machine.

Even when the updates are fully compatible you still get tards spamming you to PLZ UPDATE because they can see the version number is behind what the game is using.

I really hope they do something different in future unreals. Blueprint sucks. (gamebryo does suck more though)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can forgive some planets being boring if they're a spectacle. Tidally locked planets where everyone builds on the equator because the sunward side is too hot, and the far side is too cold. Mercury supposedly has pools of frozen water at the bottom of some of its deeper craters despite cooking the whole time. The atmosphere of Venus is so dense you could make a floating cloud city on the middle/upper layers. A hollow planet. Ocean worlds. Worlds with a toxic atmosphere and people only live on high mountains in the breathable layer.

Hopefully they'll know how to make planets with more than one biome (desert planet, ice planet, forest planet...blech).
Fucking wet dream type of material, right? I just dont have that much faith in this company anymore. Much less do I think their old ass engine could do anything more than a basic environment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Realistically it will be like NMS: Planet is basically 1 biome, there will be procedural generated POI (many of which will be recycled archtypes with slightly different layouts, sort of like how in Fallout alot of the caves/interiors for random POI were the sameish), some handcrafted stuff sprinkled in, with the scattered secret stuff.

Goonsquad Officer
See everyone keeps saying planets. Are we getting no man sky orbs or classic mmo zones with thematic changes of enviroment.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
See everyone keeps saying planets. Are we getting no man sky orbs or classic mmo zones with thematic changes of enviroment.
Well the vod did say "planets" as you can land in any part of one.So I would assume its a planet, but it could jsut be one big fucking zone with a loading screen that looks like a planet.

Daidraco

Figuring out what all Todd Howard is overpromising on is half the fun for these launches. Dude is on the verge of being a habitual liar about every single game the company comes out with.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
No multiplayer? I mean, why would I want to share these experiences with friends?! Fucking trash.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loading....Please wait..... WElcome to the planet... Loading.... please wait..

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Who the fuck has friends

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

uszrtnms0k591.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

But... you could climb it. In fact the first real dungeon crawl was all about climbing that mountain.
The meme didnt develop out of the fact that you cant get on top of the mountain or not, but his specific wording in the original exposition that mentions "climbing." Trivial, but thats what stuck with people.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
But... you could climb it. In fact the first real dungeon crawl was all about climbing that mountain.

Yeah you could climb it with patience and fighting geography and sometimes falling down to your death.

Edit: What Daidraco Daidraco said. Typical Bethesda play on words. Like when they have "An all new engine!"