Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
First Failure? Fallout 76 ring any bells?

I am out. Not buying a new computer or an XBox just to beta test their shitty buggygame, now with wokeness. Making it XBox console exclusive removed any interest in this game for me.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Fallout 76 was published by them, not developed by them. At least that's my understanding. I never played it anyway, but I've seen several folks on here say it's an enjoyable game at this point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I never played FO76 but at this point I don't see it as a huge failure. They took a game made by another studio, it was shit, and then they continued to improve it until it's a well-liked game. Kind of like TESO or No Man's Sky.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can't find the story I was looking for, but Todd is somewhere between a heavy panderer and full blown believer.

Yeah that Facebook article from Fake News Network is pretty damning.

I'll laugh if when Starfield comes out there are only binary gender options and it's just one of the 100+ bullshit promises that Todd makes about the game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
As someone who develops using Unreal these days I'd love it if they ditched Gambryo in like, 2000 when they made Oblivion, much less in 2023, like, give it up guys. However, I don't see how that relates to Bioware. Don't they use Frostbite and Unreal?

And for the wokeness, what'd they do to embrace wokeness?

EA forced Bioware to use Frostbite for everything to avoid licensing costs with any other engine - (This started with Inquisition) which as we both know was developed for 1st person shooters not RPG's and the resulting mess was Inquisition (Mediocre) Andromeda and Anthem (Awful) and the upcoming Dreadwolf.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yeah that Facebook article from Fake News Network is pretty damning.

I'll laugh if when Starfield comes out there are only binary gender options and it's just one of the 100+ bullshit promises that Todd makes about the game.
I don't really have my crusader hat on for this specific game/company. I just remember Todd on stage saying all the typical BLM/Trans stuff.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Bethesda Softworks were the primary dev for Fallout 76 till 2021 then Double Eleven and Sperasoft came in to as co-devs to assist them.

Cybsled

Fallout 76 has improved a lot since launch. One thing you can give them credit for is sticking with the game vs. just abandoning it. Content does come out fairly slow, but it comes out. Most recent major patch added some mini-traveling Nuka World with a bunch of rides and quests.

Fadaar

That guy
EA forced Bioware to use Frostbite for everything to avoid licensing costs with any other engine - (This started with Inquisition) which as we both know was developed for 1st person shooters not RPG's and the resulting mess was Inquisition (Mediocre) Andromeda and Anthem (Awful) and the upcoming Dreadwolf.

Guess this is as good a place as any to ask this, has any game come out made in UE5 yet?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Guess this is as good a place as any to ask this, has any game come out made in UE5 yet?
Other than Fortnite and the Matrix Demo I'm not sure. It's still a pretty recent release and most game devs releasing in 2022 or early 2023 would have been better served with UE4.

There's a lot of unreleased games using it though.

Fadaar

That guy
Other than Fortnite and the Matrix Demo I'm not sure. It's still a pretty recent release and most game devs releasing in 2022 or early 2023 would have been better served with UE4.

There's a lot of unreleased games using it though.

Hopefully we get a renaissance of single player RPG's when UE5 development starts getting more common. I need some good time wasters ffs.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Looking forward to seeing Tomb Raider, Witcher, and KH4. (DQ12 too I suppose)

Stalker 2 is going to fucking suck ass.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Looking forward to seeing Tomb Raider, Witcher, and KH4. (DQ12 too I suppose)

Stalker 2 is going to fucking suck ass.
Why is STALKER 2 gonna blow? Haven't been keeping up with it at all, I just knew it was supposed to be coming out at some point. The first one was fun, although pretty AA.

Is it going woke or something?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Why is STALKER 2 gonna blow? Haven't been keeping up with it at all, I just knew it was supposed to be coming out at some point. The first one was fun, although pretty AA.

Is it going woke or something?

Nope none of that just a horrid dev cycle. Usually that means it’s going to have a lot of issues.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd like to see industry sales strategies by month, but traditionally isn't it far more valuable to release in late October or mid-November than any other month of the year? There is a reason Call of Duty is on this cycle, is there not?

If the game has taken this long to develop and been delayed this long, why not give the team one more month of polish and pick the most optimal release month(s)?

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So.... Did they cut spaceflight?

With their track record I am kind of expecting that the "base" game will be like a reverse No Mans Sky. A working base game, but unlike No Mans Sky which added all the things later for free, Starfield will be a decade long DLC/expansion fest. Combined of course with the Skyrim phenomenon of being released and re-released on all platforms + having to get the DLC again for those.

Special deal with just a 15 dollar upgrade from the GOTY version to the anniversary edition! Sorry you do not have access to that ship that is on your landing pad that you bought earlier, press X to open the anniversary edition store! Sorry, that ship is only available for the Gold anniversary edition! Get that for just another 15! Error, your skin is only available to the deluxe gold edition....

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users