Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Oldbased

> Than U
Looks like a fun game that'll have 100+ hours easy.
That is SORELY missing in the last 5 years overall.
So I'll take it as a win.

Haven't played NMS and Empyrion in a year or two but I more than got my moneys worth on those and enjoyed every minute of it.
NMS 725 hours Empyrion 280.
Then again I have 4800 hours of Atlas and 2k in Ark and Rust and 700 in Rimworld.
I like getting my moneys worth.

• 4Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Ship building looks like something I could waste a bunch of time in for probably little discernible gain or being completely broken.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like a fun game that'll have 100+ hours easy.
That is SORELY missing in the last 5 years overall.
So I'll take it as a win.

Haven't played NMS and Empyrion in a year or two but I more than got my moneys worth on those and enjoyed every minute of it.
NMS 725 hours Empyrion 280.
Then again I have 4800 hours of Atlas and 2k in Ark and Rust and 700 in Rimworld.
I like getting my moneys worth.

100+ hours initial unmodded playthrough, then easily 1000+ hours over the next few years with DLC + mods if its anything like Skyrim.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It was from the Summer Games show. Here is the deep dive

I had to check my playback speed. I guess I haven't listened to Todd since his lies about Oblivion because I didn't realize that he huffs helium before he makes promo stuff, kinda makes sense.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Ship building looks like something I could waste a bunch of time in for probably little discernible gain or being completely broken.
It's a Bethesda game. You will get your ship/character/space station just perfect, then the game will crash and delete your save files.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Being Bethesda you also know it'll be the first game ever to feature support for tri keyboards where you can stack 3 together to have enough hotkeys for basic functions. A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 and so on.
Might need 4.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Starfield at least appeared to run much cleaner, animations-wise. It actually felt like a potentially, cleaner shooter. We'll see. I haven't played NMS, but watching this kinda makes me want to.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait to buy all the ship parts in Bethesda's store as well as pay for 5 day head-start early access to a single player game.

This game has me VERY excited. Todd Howard is a god.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Being Bethesda you also know it'll be the first game ever to feature support for tri keyboards where you can stack 3 together to have enough hotkeys for basic functions. A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 and so on.
Might need 4.
4-1616434873.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Starfield at least appeared to run much cleaner, animations-wise. It actually felt like a potentially, cleaner shooter. We'll see. I haven't played NMS, but watching this kinda makes me want to.

I need to play NMS too, I saw the trailer for their latest update and it looks cool, and apparently they've just been improving the game and adding free content since launch.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From what they've shown this looks like it'll be somewhat different from NMS though, less sandbox and more handholding, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as NMS feels a bit too random at times where you just kinda go through planets that aren't super interesting with nothing much to them until you find a cool one and such. The randomly generated stuff looks like will be the "empty" planets that are meant as ressource gathering spots, with the "real" planets being more like generic quests and potentially places of interest and stuff. Need to see how much is procedurally generated or copy pasted and how much is truly handcrafted.

But yeah NMS is pretty cool to do a run in, quite a lot of stuff to do nowadays.

Unrelated, this statement is such fucking bullshit. Didn't take long for the "next gen" to just get fucked out of DECENT performance because optimization is shit and they need to display pointless shit because otherwise people might say their game doesn't look good enough. Fucking dickheads. PC isn't capped but if the X can't even run 60 FPS at 1440p, it's gonna take a pretty good PC to run this shit in 4k60 or 1440@200+

"We do lock it at 30, because we want that fidelity, we want all that stuff. We don't want to sacrifice any of it."

Fucker

Log Wizard
From what they've shown this looks like it'll be somewhat different from NMS though, less sandbox and more handholding, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as NMS feels a bit too random at times where you just kinda go through planets that aren't super interesting with nothing much to them until you find a cool one and such. The randomly generated stuff looks like will be the "empty" planets that are meant as ressource gathering spots, with the "real" planets being more like generic quests and potentially places of interest and stuff. Need to see how much is procedurally generated or copy pasted and how much is truly handcrafted.

But yeah NMS is pretty cool to do a run in, quite a lot of stuff to do nowadays.

Unrelated, this statement is such fucking bullshit. Didn't take long for the "next gen" to just get fucked out of DECENT performance because optimization is shit and they need to display pointless shit because otherwise people might say their game doesn't look good enough. Fucking dickheads. PC isn't capped but if the X can't even run 60 FPS at 1440p, it's gonna take a pretty good PC to run this shit in 4k60 or 1440@200+

"We do lock it at 30, because we want that fidelity, we want all that stuff. We don't want to sacrifice any of it."
Are they using their regular game engine, the one from 1902? LMAO locking it at 30 FPS. Consoles should be banned.

Cybsled

Starfield is running on Creation Engine. Fallout 76 was actually a bit of a test bed in terms of making really expansive outdoor areas in the engine and they had made some tweaks to the core engine to accomplish that, so I suspect Starfield pushes that even further.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I liked everything I saw in that video except the art guy's nose bar - I flinched just looking at that, surely the ends are in his field of vision ? How would that not drive you insane within a couple of hours ?!

Oh and the xbox merch - lol.

I have to admit, the adoring fan was pretty funny.

Oldbased

> Than U
NMS was fairly plain when release and thus the backlash and issues.
Since then it's had many updates and wasn't left to die like many games do these days.
Even though I am over a year behind in updates, it eventually came well worth the money imo and with every named update the changes were plenty.
It's a rare type game that you can sink 100 hours into all at once or over a year and not be punished for it.

• 1Like

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This looks great and will only get better over the years with mods. Will probably be a day 1 for me.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The general fun and excitement of exploration, finding items, and so on is what I expect from Bethesda. If this delivers that its good enough for me. We haven't had one of these since F4 and that was what? 2014?

The NASApunk design they have is just cool. Its a fresh and interesting take on sci-fi.

• 1Like

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was really skeptical from their early descriptions and the first gameplay looked rocky, but this presentation wrapped it altogether very nicely.

Even the initial pitch about being some space explorer came off as kind of dull, but this made it seem more engaging like The Expanse.

Really, the more they went into it, the more the entire thing made me think of The Expanse, especially parts like the glimpse of ship boarding.

Still, it's not my first Bethesda rodeo, so I'll wait a bit for modders to fix things up. My main concern is that as cool as some of the skills might be on the surface, the overall system looked pretty limited. Hopefully it's just a matter of simplifying the UI presentation to not scare off morons.

• 1Like