Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
These developers have to be fucking joking me with these temple missions. This is ridiculously low effort.

I'm going to give this thing about 3 or 4 more hours before deciding whether or not to just drop it.

I'm honestly bewildered how much smaller in scale and cramped this game feels compared to their previous efforts. Seems like they are taking a step backwards even from Oblivion.
It is weird that you don't get the temples at the end of a different POI with more content and instead they're just out in the open. Or that the temples themselves don't include a randomized cave or something to fight through.

I'd say if you've done a major faction quest line (My favorite so far is Crimson Fleet / UC SysDef) and don't like Starfield you can drop it without feeling like you haven't gotten to the good parts yet.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Austin Powers Rocket GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really miss Project Nevada's helmet features in Starfield. I loved sneaking around in the dark using nightvision/ultravision/infrared and so much of Starfield is super dark.

Last edited:

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was looking for a good spot and found a 6 resource area. I then took off running along the biome border just to see if I could squeeze out the 7th resource but couldn't. I quickly hit F9 to rewind to the 6 resource spot only to find out I had not quick saved when I got there.

NOoooooooo

• 2Thoughts & Prayers

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was looking for a good spot and found a 6 resource area. I then took off running along the biome border just to see if I could squeeze out the 7th resource but couldn't. I quickly hit F9 to rewind to the 6 resource spot only to find out I had not quick saved when I got there.

NOoooooooo
brother you ready to build another cathedral???

velk

Trakanon Raider
Another random PSA - you need to charge up nova rifles by holding down fire for a second or so before you fire them. I was wondering why they were such garbage ;p

Using them charged is enough to knock out normal mobs in one hit, and while elites take a few, the knockout damage doesn't appear to be affected by their regenerating shield.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Void Void I screwed around some with your ship stealing method. Ended up going to an ice moon that was lvl 20 while in a system on some quest. I've actually been popping on to moons here and there when I'm traveling around on another mission. I might land two or three times to see if I can trigger a ship landing.

I forgot the name of the system, was late, but the second time I landed on the dark side, a Va'runn Eulogy landed. I think it's the same basic ship as the one your hunting. It's a huge ship though, but I wonder how different variants are between factions, whether they might have a unique component or module. Also wonder whether certain systems have a proclivity for different factions to land on them more often.

What sucks though is I've hit my 10 ship limit, found that at the hard way, and ended up just deleting a little puddle jumper. I think I'm going to see if there's a mod that you can increase your fleet size so I can mess around more with building ships and stuff. Probably not use half of the ones that I've taken but I like just being able to go inside of them and see how they're laid out and what the differences are between the manufacturers. Really wish there was something in the ship builder that you can do a preview, and walk around inside the ship as you're designing it or before you commit to the modifications or purchase. No clue why that's not in there but maybe somebody will mod it. Hell you should be able to do it at a star yard when your window shopping.

• 3Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have no idea where to put all my extra shit. My ship cargo is full of ore.

Is there just a big chest I can build and dump 5000 ore in to or something? When my inventory and ship cargo are full, where do I hoard all my shit?

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
brother you ready to build another cathedral???
I had really hoped that the Outpost mechanic was more fleshed out. I had been hoping like something FAR more advanced and in depth than the base building of New Vegas, but sadly it was not to be apparently :(

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Is there just a big chest I can build and dump 5000 ore in to or something? When my inventory and ship cargo are full, where do I hoard all my shit?
You've got unlimited storage with a safe in your Constellation room. Also, there's a storage box behind the research bench in the workshop basement at Constellation, too. It's kind of a pain in the butt and if you go to make something you got to pull resources out I don't think it automatically switches to it, but I use the one in the workshop the store all of my crafting materials, I just grabbed them out right there when I need them.

If I do any crafting at this point I just go back to base, and it's not like you can't fast travel there pretty easily.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What is a constellation room?

I don't pay attention to the story fella. I just loot shit and shoot faces.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

There's a container on a table in the center of the crafting room at the Lodge. The crafting benches don't pull from it, but it's convenient enough to just take all the resources out and put them back when you're done. To get the stuff there, go into orbit, take everything you want to store out of the ship cargo, then use fast travel to land right at the Lodge. Doing it from orbit bypasses the no fast travel while encumbered thing.

• 2Like

Cybsled

What is a constellation room?

I don't pay attention to the story fella. I just loot shit and shoot faces.

The clubhouse where you bring the artifacts. You’ve got a personal room with a green safe on the floor and the basement has a storage chest too

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully this will be my final post on the subject of sneaking aboard grounded ships and stealing them. Again, if you don't care about this, just skip it. It really isn't anything exciting.

Due to some suggestions here I decided to try my luck in a different spot. I went to a level 75 world (Fermi, way off to the right), left it on Very Hard, and finally found a good spot that landed near me.

I can say with near certainty that the system definitely influences what kind of ships will spawn. I cannot, however, say with any certainty that the level of a system or the difficulty setting made any difference whatsoever.

In my previous spot I got a fuckton of fucking UC Vanguard Raptor spawns, tons of Ecliptic, and quite a few Freestar. On this new system I got ZERO fucking UCVRs!!!! I also only ever got one Freestar ship, and it was different than the Narcissus from before, but yet again it was a smuggler ship and I couldn't steal it. I got a decent number of Ecliptic and Spacer ships, but far and away the most stuff I got were random "friendly" ships. I say friendly because the guards don't give a shit about you (you can tell by the Hide meter, if the stuff creeping in from the sides is green that means they are friendly, so just stand up and run right up to the ship), or there are no guards at all, but they all have an Advanced (2 ring) lock on the airlock door. Once you are through the door you just walk right to the cockpit, sit down, and blast off, leaving those poor goodie goods stranded on a planet full of pirates and abandoned buildings! Your companions oddly have no problem whatsoever with this slower version of murder.

I did get a decent number of B class ships, but not really any more than the other spot based on the fact that each spot seems weighted more toward different factions ships. I did also encounter something I never had before, and it happened several times (5% or so). I definitely had a "landing" spawn, not a "drop off" spawn as I previously described, but occasionally a Spacer Raccoon or an Ecliptic Bayonet would land, drop off the 4'ish dudes that start to walk in a straight line, and then take off again. They definitely did not see me to trigger it, I was still too far away and you can tell because the guards don't spread around the ship, they all walk in a line, so it is definitely a different event. I had no idea that could happen in a landing spawn, but I guess it is similar to the UCVR being able to land in the dropoff scenarios.

I took a screenshot of every unique ship I encountered, most with the stats shown so you can see how these ships really aren't anything special (some I had previously stolen and knew they weren't worth stealing). Which is why I won't be doing this any more. I'm only level 18 because I spent all week doing mostly this and not leveling, and what xp I was getting just got wiped out because I kept reloading. I already have like 250k credits without really trying, even after paying off my 125k Dream Home, and if I'd spent even a fraction of this week clearing a few buildings I'd likely have 500k, which is enough to build about any ship I could want (barring level and skill rank restrictions). A few of these ships you'll see are decent, but not worth the time to fight RNG for. Because I got a LOT of different ones this time.

Now to figure out how to show you all those pics. Before I tediously upload them all to imgur or something, if I upload to the Steam Cloud can I then share the gallery here?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Void Void I screwed around some with your ship stealing method. Ended up going to an ice moon that was lvl 20 while in a system on some quest. I've actually been popping on to moons here and there when I'm traveling around on another mission. I might land two or three times to see if I can trigger a ship landing.

I forgot the name of the system, was late, but the second time I landed on the dark side, a Va'runn Eulogy landed. I think it's the same basic ship as the one your hunting. It's a huge ship though, but I wonder how different variants are between factions, whether they might have a unique component or module. Also wonder whether certain systems have a proclivity for different factions to land on them more often.

What sucks though is I've hit my 10 ship limit, found that at the hard way, and ended up just deleting a little puddle jumper. I think I'm going to see if there's a mod that you can increase your fleet size so I can mess around more with building ships and stuff. Probably not use half of the ones that I've taken but I like just being able to go inside of them and see how they're laid out and what the differences are between the manufacturers. Really wish there was something in the ship builder that you can do a preview, and walk around inside the ship as you're designing it or before you commit to the modifications or purchase. No clue why that's not in there but maybe somebody will mod it. Hell you should be able to do it at a star yard when your window shopping.
I was busy typing up my longer post while you posted this, thanks!

As my new post mentions it definitely changes depending upon where you set up shop, but finding out where the good shit lands is going to be a fairly tedious process, and like I said I could just build my own by now. I am fairly certain that it mostly depends upon who owns the system, or in the case of unowned ones, who is the dominant faction. But I don't know how to determine where say the Ecliptic are most dominant. That would be where I would want to try my luck, but unless there is an easy method (or I'm missing something looking at the star map) I would spend more time trying to find the system than just farming credits and levels myself.

However, I do agree with you that walking through all these ships is fun as fuck. Some are just ridiculously monstrous. I'd have to go look back at my screenshots but there was one, maybe a Pik'up? that was the very definition of the "maze" interior. It also had a ton of cargo space. I would never actually use the ship since it has almost no weaponry, has a ton of ladders, and is confusing as fuck inside, but it is motherfucking massive from outside.

I just need to figure out how to share all of these easily and then you'll get to see a bunch of new ones. Not as good as a walkthrough, but better than nothing!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully this will be my final post on the subject of sneaking aboard grounded ships and stealing them. Again, if you don't care about this, just skip it. It really isn't anything exciting.

Due to some suggestions here I decided to try my luck in a different spot. I went to a level 75 world (Fermi, way off to the right), left it on Very Hard, and finally found a good spot that landed near me.

I can say with near certainty that the system definitely influences what kind of ships will spawn. I cannot, however, say with any certainty that the level of a system or the difficulty setting made any difference whatsoever.

In my previous spot I got a fuckton of fucking UC Vanguard Raptor spawns, tons of Ecliptic, and quite a few Freestar. On this new system I got ZERO fucking UCVRs!!!! I also only ever got one Freestar ship, and it was different than the Narcissus from before, but yet again it was a smuggler ship and I couldn't steal it. I got a decent number of Ecliptic and Spacer ships, but far and away the most stuff I got were random "friendly" ships. I say friendly because the guards don't give a shit about you (you can tell by the Hide meter, if the stuff creeping in from the sides is green that means they are friendly, so just stand up and run right up to the ship), or there are no guards at all, but they all have an Advanced (2 ring) lock on the airlock door. Once you are through the door you just walk right to the cockpit, sit down, and blast off, leaving those poor goodie goods stranded on a planet full of pirates and abandoned buildings! Your companions oddly have no problem whatsoever with this slower version of murder.

I did get a decent number of B class ships, but not really any more than the other spot based on the fact that each spot seems weighted more toward different factions ships. I did also encounter something I never had before, and it happened several times (5% or so). I definitely had a "landing" spawn, not a "drop off" spawn as I previously described, but occasionally a Spacer Raccoon or an Ecliptic Bayonet would land, drop off the 4'ish dudes that start to walk in a straight line, and then take off again. They definitely did not see me to trigger it, I was still too far away and you can tell because the guards don't spread around the ship, they all walk in a line, so it is definitely a different event. I had no idea that could happen in a landing spawn, but I guess it is similar to the UCVR being able to land in the dropoff scenarios.

I took a screenshot of every unique ship I encountered, most with the stats shown so you can see how these ships really aren't anything special (some I had previously stolen and knew they weren't worth stealing). Which is why I won't be doing this any more. I'm only level 18 because I spent all week doing mostly this and not leveling, and what xp I was getting just got wiped out because I kept reloading. I already have like 250k credits without really trying, even after paying off my 125k Dream Home, and if I'd spent even a fraction of this week clearing a few buildings I'd likely have 500k, which is enough to build about any ship I could want (barring level and skill rank restrictions). A few of these ships you'll see are decent, but not worth the time to fight RNG for. Because I got a LOT of different ones this time.

Now to figure out how to show you all those pics. Before I tediously upload them all to imgur or something, if I upload to the Steam Cloud can I then share the gallery here?
I've been enjoying your blogs on this, I'd view the gallery!!

If you wanted to savescum-steal a lethal combat ship, and had max Flight skill but no decent ship of your own, what would your strat be?