Stargate: Origins

Chris

Potato del Grande
Remember that episode where they found an advanced human civilisation who just defeated the Goauld, there's a 20 year time jump and Earth humans have an advanced civilisation with Stargate airports but are now mysteriously and coincidentally infertile? They had to send a message back in time to not contact them because they were doing shady shit like that.

A continuation would have to be like that with an alternate advanced Earth, I don't think it would make much sense. The series ran it's course.

It going to be a woke reboot, sorry guys.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The stargate itself is a good tech bloat limiter since you can't cram capital ships through it to the other side of the universe.

This is likely. They'll go to some galaxy that is far beyond the range of their current hyperdrive tech, so they can't just have the Earth fleet show up and kick ass. Then they will keep it that way until the plot requires otherwise.

Cybsled

They did, but they were basically Ancients level in tech and during the show, SG never got to that level of tech.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Was Dark Matter filled with woke bullshit? That and Utopia Falls are the only things I haven't seen from Joseph Mallozzi and from the article both Brad Wright (primary) and Joseph Mallozzi are spearheading this thing edit: seems this is Brads baby entirely. Wright recently finished up Travelers a couple years or so ago and that was pretty awesome and I don't remember a trace of any of that shit in his work.

Several years ago before MGM went under Joe Flanigan (Sheppard) approached MGM to buyout/lease the IP and got as far as a verbal agreement, and then MGM went bankrupt and the executives were all replaced and the new people didn't want to do anything. His plan/idea was to take some of the cast from SG1 and Atlantis, wrap up some loose/unresolved story lines and then start a new adventure. From the article linked it sounds like Brad Wright wants to do something similar. I'm okay with that.

I really don't want to see a return of the replicators in any form, Ori, or the Goa'uld or the humans who are now using their tech. Briefly mention them, or not, and then wrap up the ending with SG:U or continue it and/or start a new adventure. One of the things that made SG1 and Atlantis so enjoyable was the vast majority of the cast were incredible together and had fun and that fun showed up on screen. SG:U suffered in the beginning because most of the cast fucking sucked and it felt like most of them couldn't stand each other irl.

Give me a cast similar to SG1 and Atlantis, throw them out into space somewhere, have them start a new adventure doing something and I'll probably enjoy the fuck out of it. Most of the episodes in SG1 consisted of largely talk and solving problems/mysteries anyway.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am so sick of the god damn replicators. If this new show has anything to do with them I'm out.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Was Dark Matter filled with woke bullshit?
Dark Matter was kinda low budget, but it was fun to watch. The main spoiler part of the storyline involved a lesbian romance, but it wasn't stuffing it down your throat as they did in Discovery. It got canceled and left on a cliffhanger. Was getting awesome. Android is one of my favorite sci-fi characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I am so sick of the god damn replicators. If this new show has anything to do with them I'm out.

I'm fine with them as long as a) they aren't the primary bad guy; and b) they're the old erector-set style and not the stupid humanoid kind.

Goatface

midnight's edge said today, rumor they believe in, said hbo max (among other things) is looking to do something with stargate, but one sticking point is one of owners wants to film in Canada.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone wants to film in Canada cause of covid, that's not surprising in the least.

Chris

Potato del Grande
midnight's edge said today, rumor they believe in, said hbo max (among other things) is looking to do something with stargate, but one sticking point is one of owners wants to film in Canada.
Get the nostalgia piano ready!

"There was a program..."

<nostalgia piano plays stargate theme slowly, sepia toned close up shots of the Stargate>

"... to explore other worlds..."

<slow motion shots of SG-1>

"... now a new generation continues the journey..."

<shots of new cast: black but strong lesbian air force pilot, fat but strong lesbian blue hair special forces operative, brave FtM transexual archeologist and an effeminate gay space chinaman who doesn't understand our culture to sell this shit in a China but they won't want it>

"... in Stargate: SJW"

<music rises to a crescendo, shots of new cast freeing black slaves from white Goa'uld, meeting genderless tranny societies, conflict with the leader of the program who is a straight white male Republican>

<Credits roll, all Jewish producers, all female and black story group>

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Everyone wants to film in Canada cause of covid, that's not surprising in the least.
Like 50% of SG-1 was Canadian and almost all of Atlantis was.

All said, I would piss in Joe Bidens butt for a new SG series. I NEVER saw a single SG episode or movie till a few years ago. I've watched all 17 seasons and movies like 4x now.

Oldbased

> Than U
Wonder if this means Amazon/Hulu will lose it again. Amazon pulled it a few months ago and people flipped out. Was the most action Amazon Video twitter had all year. They added it back in a month later and promoted it in ads and tweets. Apparently TONS of people do like Div and I and just run the series as background noise.
It's great background noise even if you've seen it multiple times and it's great background noise that last months.

Oldbased

> Than U
my guess is the pitch is going to be the ship reached a new galaxy, they set up a base and find a gate and open portal back home.

got bored looked up some of the main casts

View attachment 302420
Bottom right "Rodney McKay" from Atlantis streams every week on twitch with his son. IronhamTV. Does tech stuff and games. Basically spends his free time not acting supporting Tech Bandits he made to encourage kids to invent robots and stuff. He is a big lib, but seems like a great guy.

spronk

FPS noob
Bottom right "Rodney McKay" from Atlantis streams every week on twitch with his son. IronhamTV. Does tech stuff and games. Basically spends his free time not acting supporting Tech Bandits he made to encourage kids to invent robots and stuff. He is a big lib, but seems like a great guy.

whoah, thats pretty awesome. i couldn't find IronHamTV but i think i found Rodneys twitch channel

www.twitch.tv/techbanditry

Chris

Potato del Grande
Does he point his Canadian flag patch directly at the camera in every stream like he did on the show?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Rewatching SG-1 for like the 5th time. It's kind of funny going back and watching the first season, and seeing how much they set up 4-5 seasons in advance.