Stargate Reboot Trilogy

Leon

<Silver Donator>
As a huge stargate fan who watched ands owned all the movies and series, I don't care if they reboot all the canon and start again, I just more stargate and will take what I can get!

Great news.
This man speaks the truth.

Mah Wakandanh Richard DA let himself go, good for him.

spronk

FPS noob
he actually had some knee surgery and shit (from stuntwork on the show?) which left him unable to even move for years, so its pretty fucked up to make fun of it but we're assholes. but RDA is a boss and if he wants to get fat i say he earned it

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
As a huge stargate fan who watched ands owned all the movies and series, I don't care if they reboot all the canon and start again, I just more stargate and will take what I can get!

Great news.
I concur. I love the combination of mythology and science fiction, I'll be happy with whatever they put out.

Goatface

he actually had some knee surgery and shit (from stuntwork on the show?)
before season 6 (2002) of sg-1 started, he broke his leg when he fell over stuff piled up at his daughters ballet studio, there was a lawsuit and other stuff. think he had more surgeries on it later on.
After SG-1 was over he reportedly had back surgery and then undisclosed illness which left he bedridden for a time

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I guess the biggest issue, and maybe they've explained it somewhere, is that Ra was a glowy alien guy and all the gua'ulds were snake dudes in the series. So if you go back to the original then the entire TV show becomes non-canon? You'd almost have to do some different story that didn't involve gua'ulds.

McCheese

I guess the biggest issue, and maybe they've explained it somewhere, is that Ra was a glowy alien guy and all the gua'ulds were snake dudes in the series. So if you go back to the original then the entire TV show becomes non-canon? You'd almost have to do some different story that didn't involve gua'ulds.
They never explained it that I know of, but it was just one of those practical changes that often occur. Kind of like how pilot episodes of TV shows will have some small (and sometimes not so small) differences from all the other episodes that are never directly addressed, and it's the responsibility of the audience to forget/ignore the inconsistencies.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was never a fan of Atlantis. Felt like what they did with Star Trek: Enterprise. Something always just felt off. Almost felt like watching a soap opera or teen drama or something. Where is my old school heavy onsciencefiction SG1?

McCheese

I was never a fan of Atlantis. Felt like what they did with Star Trek: Enterprise. Something always just felt off. Almost felt like watching a soap opera or teen drama or something. Where is my old school heavy onsciencefiction SG1?
The science aspect of SG-1 was always stupid. 3 shots from a Zat disintegrating? Lol, even the writers realized that was retarded. At most they gave cursory explanations for the science side of things, like when they first created their space-faring fighters by melding human and Goa'uld technology. The show was always more heavily focused on characters and their interactions. Half the fun of the show was from the fact that the 4 SG-1 people had great chemistry.

I think they did a great job of recreating that chemistry in Atlantis with Shepard and Co.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
They never explained it that I know of, but it was just one of those practical changes that often occur. Kind of like how pilot episodes of TV shows will have some small (and sometimes not so small) differences from all the other episodes that are never directly addressed, and it's the responsibility of the audience to forget/ignore the inconsistencies.
*puts nerd glasses on* Ahem..

They did explain it in SG-1. Ra was a Goa'uld hosted in an Asgard body, and later switched to a human slave when his Asgard body could no longer be kept alive. Granted the movie alien looks a bit different from the Asgards in the show (especially the teeth), but it's possible his Asgard body was kept that way with a sarcophagus since we know the Asgards have changed over the millenia due to their cloning reproduction process. As for the glowy effects when he gets angry, I'm assuming that's either artistic license from the director, or intimidation technology meant to scare the masses when Ra is pissed.

Another fun fact about the pilot episode of SG-1, it had full frontal nudity for Daniel Jackson's wife!

*keeps glasses on, fuck it*

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Liked everyone on Atlantis except Teyla. that bitch was nails on a chalkboard
McKay made Atlantis. He was a recurring character in SG-1 and I was stoked that he was part of the new Atlantis crew.

Universe, however, had no redeeming qualities.

businesscats_sl

shitlord
McKay made Atlantis. He was a recurring character in SG-1 and I was stoked that he was part of the new Atlantis crew.

Universe, however, had no redeeming qualities.
At the end of Universe it felt as though McKay was going to become a regular, which would've made the show (very) watchable.

Goatface

Universe was ass and there was little hope changing that, other than killing off most of the cast, getting new writers and a new show runner.

McCheese

*puts nerd glasses on* Ahem..

They did explain it in SG-1. Ra was a Goa'uld hosted in an Asgard body, and later switched to a human slave when his Asgard body could no longer be kept alive. Granted the movie alien looks a bit different from the Asgards in the show (especially the teeth), but it's possible his Asgard body was kept that way with a sarcophagus since we know the Asgards have changed over the millenia due to their cloning reproduction process. As for the glowy effects when he gets angry, I'm assuming that's either artistic license from the director, or intimidation technology meant to scare the masses when Ra is pissed.

Another fun fact about the pilot episode of SG-1, it had full frontal nudity for Daniel Jackson's wife!

*keeps glasses on, fuck it*
Interesting. Was that explanation given in the SG-1 TV show at some point? I don't remember it, but I'd like a source (i.e., which season and episode) cause I'd be curious to check it out.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Interesting. Was that explanation given in the SG-1 TV show at some point? I don't remember it, but I'd like a source (i.e., which season and episode) cause I'd be curious to check it out.
Yeah I watched the series in full and don't recall this explanation. I'm surprised an Asgard could be a host for a Goa'uld.