Stargirl

Xerge

<Donor>
I'm curious about the JSA speedster the most atm. I could see brainwave and icicle giving a speedster a hard time. maybe we'll get a Wally West next season.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the JSA had absolutely no reason to have won the day other than that plot demanded it.... But I'll hand wave it for the sake of it still being an entertaining show.

As for why Brainwave played that last bit like he did?
He needed to find where the other JSA members were to kill them, easier if he can get Wildcat to lead him to them.... Although if he was linked into Cerebro in there why couldn't he just fry their minds from remote?

I'm waiting until next season when the CW writers take over and Pat suddenly becomes an abusive father with drug issues, you know.. because he's straight, cis, white, and male...

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm waiting until next season when the CW writers take over and Pat suddenly becomes an abusive father with drug issues, you know.. because he's straight, cis, white, and male...
You realize this already CW people right?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You realize this already CW people right?

I was under the impression that this season was still DC folks under the previous DCU banner, then it was handing off to CW writing staff (i.e. Arrowverse people) for season 2....

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was under the impression that this season was still DC folks under the previous DCU banner, then it was handing off to CW writing staff (i.e. Arrowverse people) for season 2....
It's all from the same Berlanti production company though. Also from what I heard Geoff Johns will be sticking around for season 2 as well. The main difference is just hopping channels. I think the DC service is going away so they are just making moves.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
DC is definitely going away. It's being absorbed by HBO Max.

Johns sticking around gives me a little hope. On IMDB you can see Geoff Johns was primary writer for the whole season. The question will be how long that holds and when/if it transitions over to the writing teams from the Arrowverse.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
DC is definitely going away. It's being absorbed by HBO Max.

Johns sticking around gives me a little hope. On IMDB you can see Geoff Johns was primary writer for the whole season. The question will be how long that holds and when/if it transitions over to the writing teams from the Arrowverse.
I am pretty sure this is up to Johns. Stargirl is his baby, so if he wants to keep at it he will. However I think he's also part of the Green Lantern series coming. So who knows. Unless there was some back room drama I don't expect Johns to leave.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
GL series? Fuck. I'm still salty over WB canceling the awesome GL animated series they had going on CN.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That was due to the regular purges that took place at CN / Warner Brothers. Similar to the problems at Sci-Fi Channel and a few other basic cable outlets where some lower-executive in the parent company gets shoved into an organization and feels the need to change everything just to make a bid for promotion.

There are a LOT of these mid-level yahoos that have collectively cost the bigger media companies a mint in lost revenue, yet they continue doing it.

Xerge

<Donor>
This airs tonight. Im interested in how they do green lantern - first GL appearance since the movie I think. Also curious if the speedster appearance will be flashbacks or not as John Wesley Shipp will be carrying over his Jay Garrick character.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really enjoyed this show last year, mostly for Luke Wilson. Someone said he wasn't coming back for S2, I hope that is wrong.

What was the deal with the ball point pen?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ball-point pen is from Johnny Thunder and contains his Thunderbolt. A neon pink djinn from the 5th dimension. Johnny Thunder was succeeded by Jakeem Thunder in the JSA reboot which created Stargirl.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally got around to watching this, watched season 1 in about a week or so. It was entertaining for the most part, not necessarily great tv but fun enough. I thought the pacing was actually pretty good and the action scenes very fun to watch.

I watched the first 2 episodes of seasons 2, and the pacing is off...2 episodes in and basically nothing really happened.

I'll give it a few more episodes to see where it goes, but as I said it's not great but was fun enough, so it's not like it has a large margin before I drop it.

Caliane

not up to date. But I mean... Eclipso is a world ending JL threat... A green lantern, Shade, Thunderbolt, etc... powerlevel this season is pretty high. escalation is right from the start of the season.

Oldbased

> Than U
Not sure how someone could be behind unless you waiting for the whole season or lack the time. The CW app is free.