Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Is Secret World worth 10 bucks?
The storylines and voice acting are phenomenal, I enjoyed the game play for a while but I'd go in to it thinking a single player game with some opportunities to group. Well worth $10 to me. Lots of button mashing rotations after a while though, the challenge is in solving puzzle quests without cheats.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The storylines and voice acting are phenomenal, I enjoyed the game play for a while but I'd go in to it thinking a single player game with some opportunities to group. Well worth $10 to me. Lots of button mashing rotations after a while though, the challenge is in solving puzzle quests without cheats.
Snagged it. Went up to 15 bucks. But hey.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Surgeon Simulator for two bucks is fun for a couple hours of play
smile.png

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
( Not Tradable )
Gifts become tradable after a Steam account has been in good standing for at least 30 days. This gift will become tradable on Jan 1, 2014. See the Steam Trading FAQ for more information.

wtf? bought arma 2 for my friend.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not at that price. The franchise pack has been as low as $27. Separately, SRTT: Full Package has been $7.50 and SR4 + Season Pass has been $20.

The franchise pack will be $27.20 on xmas day at Amazon and again from 1/1 to 1/3 if you miss that one.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not at that price. The franchise pack has been as low as $27. Separately, SRTT: Full Package has been $7.50 and SR4 + Season Pass has been $20.

The franchise pack will be $27.20 on xmas day at Amazon and again from 1/1 to 1/3 if you miss that one.
Thanks Vorph you are a true Rerolled HERO!

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
For anyone thats a huge fan of Strategy games, I would wholeheartedly recommend the Crusader Kings II bundle for 19.99. It's one of the best games of this last year, imo

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Strike Suit Zero thoughts? It's on flash sale, the trailer makes it look fairly fun but not sure if it's actually worth it. There's a bundle with the DLC and the "arcade" version too.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I know the general consensus of Witcher 2 is that it's bad ass. I never finished the first one. Got like 20+ hours in and I just didn't care enough to continue the story. It bored me and the combat just made it worst. Because of that I was never interested in Witcher 2 much. Well I had surgery and I've got 4 weeks off of work so I said fuck it. I'm playing Witcher 2 whether I like it or not. By the end I loved it and couldn't wait for the next one. Everything I disliked about Witcher was either ditched or improved vastly upon in the second one. Geralt is one of the very few serious BAD ASSES you will run into in a game. Mage throwing fireballs at you? Run full speed through them and superman punch the mage into oblivion. lol
Anyway definitely worth it for $4.99.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Strike Suit Zero thoughts? It's on flash sale, the trailer makes it look fairly fun but not sure if it's actually worth it. There's a bundle with the DLC and the "arcade" version too.
$5 probably isn't a bad price for it. Wasn't quite as fun as I expected (was looking for something more panzer dragoon and something else). Don't think I played any of the DLC stuff.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Had no idea this double posted so guess I'll use this one to just ask: Witcher 2 for $5 is worth it, right? Is this EE the one to get?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Had no idea this double posted so guess I'll use this one to just ask: Witcher 2 for $5 is worth it, right? Is this EE the one to get?
Yes Witcher 2 is a great game, it is harder at the start but once you unlock a path/better weapons you faceroll everything.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Is Castlevania: Lord of Shadows Ultimate Edition worth $10.19? If so, what is the gameplay like? Dark Souls-ish?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If there's one thing I hate even more than the obsession the industry has with franchise-milking DLC, it's when a company puts their GOTY version on sale for the same price as just buying the season pass. Especially when the season pass doesn't even include everything and the GOTY does.

Or, more to the point, "Fuck you, Gearbox."

Is Castlevania: Lord of Shadows Ultimate Edition worth $10.19? If so, what is the gameplay like? Dark Souls-ish?
Nah, it's more of a God of War/Devil May Cry/Ninja Gaiden Sigma/Darksiders style action game. It's really nothing at all like Dark Souls.

I played the PS3 version and didn't like it enough to even come close to finishing it before I shipped it back to GameFly. The story wasn't that interesting and I found the controls to be clunky compared to those other games I compared it to. I'd put it on the same quality tier as Dante's Inferno, rather than a truly great example of the genre.

I think I own too many games or the Steam Sale sucks so far this year. The only thing I've bought so far wasn't even from Steam. Got the BG2EE from Gamefly since they had the code that dropped it to 13 bucks.