Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Caliane

yeah my first 10min of Valdis was very favorable. Standard metroidvania layout. Before the first savepoint, theres like 3 "secrets", and locked doors, that you will have to come back too. platforms you can't reach and will have to come back for etc. If it stays anything like those first 10min, its going to be a very good game.

uh, do have a xbox controller. should be noted. not sure how fun this would be with keyboard, but I plugged that controller in pretty quick after noting no mouse support.

I bit on alot of indies this sale.
(and old games, like the wizardry's)

Also grabbed delver.
First 10 min, not quite as impressive. A fps roguelike with minecraft graphics. it IS early access though. so likely much more to come.

Swapper. was fun, but really short. not entirely sure the story added all that much. fake metroidvania amusingly. it has the map, and even has teleports to let you go explore places you been previously.. but if you explored well in the first time, there is no reason to ever actually go back.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Delver is slow-going until you get to the bottom of the dungeon and grab the orb or whatever it is. Then shit hits the fan pretty hard and you can get butt-fucked pretty quick trying to get back out with it lol.

Its definitely a good effort on their part to troll the player.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah my first 10min of Valdis was very favorable. Standard metroidvania layout. Before the first savepoint, theres like 3 "secrets", and locked doors, that you will have to come back too. platforms you can't reach and will have to come back for etc. If it stays anything like those first 10min, its going to be a very good game.

uh, do have a xbox controller. should be noted. not sure how fun this would be with keyboard, but I plugged that controller in pretty quick after noting no mouse support.
My old logitech controller wasn't working with it last night, not sure if it was the game or maybe I just need to restart my computer. Regardless, it wasn't THAT bad with just the keyboard. One of the negative reviews I read was like omg this game is way too hard on even the easiest setting, I was playing the 2nd difficulty setting and beat the first boss and went a little bit further and have not died yet and I was getting hit way more than I should have because of using the keyboard (and not used to the controls) instead of controller. Kids these days it seem wouldn't make it past the title screen in our old school games.

Edit - Just read on the forums your controller does need xinput for this game so I just got to set it up with x360ce.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Amazon just sent a shitload of 5 dollar vouchers out. I got like 6 of them, but they dont stack, and you can't use them till the 4th.

Its only on certain games but there is allot in that list. Getting Ducktales and a couple other games for free.
Yeah, got one this morning. Not sure wtf I'm going to do with it though.

Sale was pretty meh. Only ended up getting the two Baldur's gate EE's.

edit:

Oh and I got the NWN2 complete pack for 5 bucks at gamers gate. I guess I was just in the mood for some older DnD rpgs this go round.

Sale for NWN2 complete and NwN diamond (2.49) is still on for three more days if someone was looking to add those to their digital collection.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Played Valdis for bout half an hour now. Can't say I like it much. I WANT to like it but ugh the controls. They are so stiff. For a game with platforming I really do not like how they feel at all.
I just finished up Dust and that game is far smoother to play than Valdis. That was a great sale pickup imo. Lasted me about 16 hours finding all the secrets and enjoyed every minute of it. Wouldn't mind seeing more games like it.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I only ended up getting brothers: a tail of two sons this time round. glad I did what a surprisinglly enjoyable game.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The Amazon sale doesn't look like its started yet. Sometimes they activate those around noon or so.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Burning question is whether to use the $5 credit on that or hope for something else?

Column_sl

shitlord
I picked up Revengeance yesterday for 18 bucks on GMG.

pre-order Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Steam] | $18 | Use code GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU56

Not sure if the code still works.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FYI, Brothers is free this month on PS+.

GameFly has some pretty good deals again today too. Saints Row IV and Batman AO for $16 each, Enemy Within for $12, Metro Last Light for $11 (+Season Pass for $3). That's with the GFDJAN20 coupon for 20% off the normal sale prices.