Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

If you have never played Trine do yourself a favor and pick up the Package Deal of 1 & 2 for less than $4. Before you play Trine 1 you will want to upgrade it to the Trine 2 engine with theTrine Enchanted Beta.

Trine 1 is great, but it is much better on the Trine 2 engine. The character controls feel much more natural on #2, the engine is just a big improvement overall.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else who bought the Bestbuy Razor mouse daily deal + 50$ card have trouble registering it? Ordered/shipped by online so I don't know if they forgot to active it or something but it won't let me register.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider

If you have never played Trine do yourself a favor and pick up the Package Deal of 1 & 2 for less than $4. Before you play Trine 1 you will want to upgrade it to the Trine 2 engine with theTrine Enchanted Beta.

Trine 1 is great, but it is much better on the Trine 2 engine. The character controls feel much more natural on #2, the engine is just a big improvement overall.
2nd this. Trine 1 & 2 were such enjoyable games. They are both pretty damn short though but for $4 it really doesn't matter. Pretty sure you can co-op Trine 2 as well (?) although I played solo both games. Hell, it was enjoyable just to make boxes/bridges with the wizard and try to glitch through things while you just enjoy the scenery.
biggrin.png

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really dug Trine1 but couldn't get into Trine2 personally. But I also didn't like Portal and tons of Trine2 puzzles have portals.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
how does local coop work for some of these PC games? makes sense for a console game on a big screen, or I guess if you have your computer on your TV?

Does it let you split screen it or something?

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone else who bought the Bestbuy Razor mouse daily deal + 50$ card have trouble registering it? Ordered/shipped by online so I don't know if they forgot to active it or something but it won't let me register.
i bought it in store and no problem, make sure you use Games / Redeem a Steam Wallet code inside steam. If it doesn't activate then yeah BB didn't activate it and you will have to explore the 9 hells of best buy customer service

Crone

Anyone else have problems playing games not on Steam? Honestly are tons of games I would love to pirate and play but to hell with that if I can't have Steams achievements and game time tracking. Lol

Quite the amazing Eco-system they have created.

spronk

FPS noob
0 plats on playstation and proud of it, there are tons of people out there who play games just to get platinum/achieves/etc, literally playing games they hate but want to plat it. what the fuck is wrong with you, no one is gonna suck your dick cuz you got a platinum or are level 35 in steam. only platinum bitches care about is the platinum card in your wallet

only reason i like steam is because it keeps all my saves so i can come back months or years later on a new PC and continue where i left off

tropica 4 complete is $6 btw worth it dont buy tropica 5 until next year its the same game basically

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I wonder just how much money they pull in during these events from the card trading though. 2-5c per transaction adds up when there's 10,000,000 (totally made up #) cards traded over the course of these events.

Vaclav

0 plats on playstation and proud of it, there are tons of people out there who play games just to get platinum/achieves/etc, literally playing games they hate but want to plat it. what the fuck is wrong with you, no one is gonna suck your dick cuz you got a platinum or are level 35 in steam. only platinum bitches care about is the platinum card in your wallet
Depends entirely on the game - but for most games I don't force myself, I generally play anything I'm not SURE I'll enjoy on my alt account first and then play stuff I intend to platinum on my primary account. And I feel Platinuming is a really nice thing because with the exception of a few irritating trophies (i.e. drinking trophy in Watch Dogs) trophies are a nice way of seeing that you've explored every nook and cranny of what a game has to offer.

I can count the number of games I beat up until getting into trophying on a fingers and toes probably in around 30 years of gaming (Ultima II on Atari 800 was my first game ever) - and probably on a single hand or maybe two for a count of how many I actually experienced every single bit that the game had to offer.

There's right and wrong ways to do trophying - I'd like to think my way of using it as a gauge of me eeking every ounce of enjoyment to be had in the game is the correct one. (Similarly you'll note a bunch of my "non-plats" are multiplayer trophies for a MP mode that I do not enjoy - if I enjoy the mode I'll play it into the ground to plat (i.e. TLoU, ME3) but if I don't I'll barely touch it)

[PS - Wife has actually given me a congratulatory BJ on a platinum that was getting frustrating at least once to add to the elation of getting over that last bump in the road OTW to it ^_^ - course she's had a history of tying sex and gaming achievements in our lives for quite a while, so many raid nights with a loot + a later bonus]

Caliane

Anyone else have problems playing games not on Steam? Honestly are tons of games I would love to pirate and play but to hell with that if I can't have Steams achievements and game time tracking. Lol

I am fairly interested in GOG galaxy honestly, yeah.

Single downloader, auto updates, etc.
Keeping track of random games is a pita.

Crone

I'll admit I have no interest in the achievements or trophies. I should have just said I love steams time tracking. TLoU on ps3 had it as part of the saves games and statistics and I was so thankful.

Love knowing how long I've played a game. Love it so much I don't pirate games much anymore. Lol

spronk

FPS noob
baldurs gate 1 & 2 are 75% off and worth it
wolfenstein new order is really fun, just came out a few weeks ago and 50% off already (but could wait and get it cheaper in winter)
thief sux dont buy it
broken age is 66% off and good if you like the old school lucasart adventures, by tim schafer guy who did monkey island, grim fandango
max payne 3 sux

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn I missed the Bastion 85% off flash sale. Anyone know if flash sales repeat? I think I have seen them repeat before..

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So far I've picked up CS:GO, Planetary Annihilation, and Magicka.

Anyone have any recommendations on things I shouldn't miss? Multiplayer only please. Thanks!