Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If you are holding on to any steam cards, now might be the time to sell them all, many had jumped in prices due to the steam sale.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure how people are getting denied on the mouse, though, as 49.99 is just the sale price on both sites.
Because Best Buy's price match policy specifically forbids price matching on deal of the day.

Our Low Price Guarantee does not cover:
Any financing offers, bundle offers, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, items that are advertised as limited quantity, out of stock items, open-box items, clearance items, refurbished/used items,deal of the day, daily deals, special hour sale event items, credit card offers, gift card offers, rent/lease to own items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Best Buy or a competitor.

If you got it for $50, you lucked out. Moot point now though, since the offer ended yesterday night.

Vaclav

Banner Saga - any opinions?

(Also anyone know how they notify winners of the free games? I swear I didn't own three things I do now and my wishlist shrunk... but I didn't get an email or other notification which seems like that would be a given [but Red Team did win yesterday when I noticed it so.... (and again today, apparently Red Team is where it's at)])

Column_sl

shitlord
Banner Saga is a really nice looking game with a good story, and terrible combat mechanics.

It's also extremely short. like 3 hours max.

12 bucks should be fine tho

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Banner Saga - any opinions?

(Also anyone know how they notify winners of the free games? I swear I didn't own three things I do now and my wishlist shrunk... but I didn't get an email or other notification which seems like that would be a given [but Red Team did win yesterday when I noticed it so.... (and again today, apparently Red Team is where it's at)])
I made it about 90 minutes into banner saga before the aforementioned combat mechanics and severely limited upgrade/level system kicked in and uninstalled. Visually and story wise it's neat, but the combat is very bland.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
What are the chances CS:GO will be on flash sale for 75% at some point? L4D2 is getting old and I'm missing a go to game that I can play when there's nothing else.

Vorph

What are the chances CS:GO will be on flash sale for 75% at some point? L4D2 is getting old and I'm missing a go to game that I can play when there's nothing else.
Edit: Didn't realize it was a daily deal today and thought -50% was the base discount. Flash sales almost never go lower than a daily deal, so -50% is probably all you're going to get. Not sure why that is, when it was -75% during the xmas sale.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am not overly impressed with the sale prices this year. Maybe I just own most of what I want. Just need a 60% off Tropico 5 and I'll be a happy camper.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just need a 60% off Tropico 5 and I'll be a happy camper.
How are the Tropico games? Just was looking at 3-4-5 and the reviews. Most folks seem to say 4 is the most fun and has some really funny voice overs and situations. DLCs worth it, etc...?

Just looking for some local feedback before I pull the trigger.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Love the tropico series, but like everyone has mentioned, they are all pretty much the same. I think I preferred 4 the most, had a slightly smoother UI setup than 5 and fixed the bugs of 3. A lot of the DLCs are cosmetic, giving new buildings that you rarely use.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
How are the Tropico games? Just was looking at 3-4-5 and the reviews. Most folks seem to say 4 is the most fun and has some really funny voice overs and situations. DLCs worth it, etc...?

Just looking for some local feedback before I pull the trigger.
I had a lot of fun with 4. (Don't own any dlc's) it's got that addictive quality that all sim city type games have but different enough to make it unique. If your into those type if games, I recommend it.

I probably ask this before but how good is endless space? I always hear mixed reviews on it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sweet, Ikaruga included in the new Community's Choice vote for $2.50. Back in college on gamecube I used to lay my TV on its side and play in the alternate mode it had so much that the tv ended up discolored. Wonder if you can still do that in the PC version as don't most monitors come pretty standard with 90 degree rotation?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sweet, Ikaruga included in the new Community's Choice vote for $2.50. Back in college on gamecube I used to lay my TV on its side and play in the alternate mode it had so much that the tv ended up discolored. Wonder if you can still do that in the PC version as don't most monitors come pretty standard with 90 degree rotation?
Gave Ikaruga my vote

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you are one of the three people out there who don't own Terraria now is the time to buy it at $2. You can easily spend a few days playing it to get your value back x10 even if you never touch it again.