Steam Deals and Digital Sales

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hrm, trying to get the girlfriend into some gaming... GW2 might be good intro. Thanks for the heads up. Only fear is if she ends up liking it too much?

Anyone recommend a good space/galaxy building game? Trying Galactic Civilizations 2 but it feels a bit shallow and I always get to the point I'm just clicking next turn over and over without much to do. Have enjoyed Civ IV Final Frontier in the past. Any thoughts?

edit: preferably through steam as I've got some cash in my steam wallet.
Galactic Civ 2 with all expansions? Dont they eventually have a Master of Orion type thing happen when the dread lords pop in and murder everyone?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
There's always Endless Space? I've seen people love it or hate it but personally I think it's good enough. Or, you know,just do the obvious thing
biggrin.png

Unrelated: Five Nights at Freddy's and the sequel are both half price on Steam ATM.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Hrm, trying to get the girlfriend into some gaming... GW2 might be good intro. Thanks for the heads up. Only fear is if she ends up liking it too much?

Anyone recommend a good space/galaxy building game? Trying Galactic Civilizations 2 but it feels a bit shallow and I always get to the point I'm just clicking next turn over and over without much to do. Have enjoyed Civ IV Final Frontier in the past. Any thoughts?

edit: preferably through steam as I've got some cash in my steam wallet.
If you like the Galaxy building aspect more, Galactic Civ 2 with all thee expacs is nice. If you like designing ships and space battles? The original Sword of the Stars is pretty amazing (SOTS 2, unfortunately, is a mess--stay away). SoTS is cool because the space battles aren't just abstracted, it's all real physics, like bullets actually fire through space and can hit your own ships, and even ricochet if they hit the wrong angle. Your ships can have specialized functions, like jamming, stealth, detection, drones, missiles ect.

If you like space battles, SoTS is the game for that--it's total war in space essentially. If you prefer more civilization style play, Galactic Civ 2 is the best (Star Ruler is also a decent game, too, for a mix between actually).

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Galactic Civ 2 with all expansions? Dont they eventually have a Master of Orion type thing happen when the dread lords pop in and murder everyone?
Have the ultimate version from Steam not that long ago, so I think I have the expansions. Will just have to wait it out, I guess, as everyone being murder sounds awesome.

Thanks everyone for the other suggestions to get some space fix.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
i have been playing it. Its a fine time waster. The controls are a little wanky and starting is a bit difficult. Dont do islands until you get a crew. Pirate ships are good initial murdering. Once you get money for a crew to fish and clean poop it gets fun...but repetitive. I still have 20% off coupons in my steam inventory...they wont go away.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i guess everyone is getting it, shit says they are experiencing a high server load. (titanfall free stuffs).

Edit- its downloading now.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Watch Dogs worth $20? DLC worth?

As for stuff I recommend I highly, highly recommend Settlers 7. It is a complete macro focused RTS. You don't really have army battles you just have a general who has units under him and you send them on fights you don't really have control over. It has a fairly deep and compelling economy that takes a while to really get the hang of and then again takes a while to master. Even playing the AI is pretty tough. I really, really enjoy it and if you like economy focused RTS it is really a great game.

I also highly recommend Anno. Very, very similar to Settlers 7. But overall I enjoyed Settlers 7 more. Anno I played almost more like a Civ game and I found the warfare tedious. The economy in that game is so complicated that having to deal with army battles just added another layer of headache I chose not to partake.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Watch Dogs is perfectly playable and totally forgettable. 20 bucks is probably a good price point. Don't go in expecting it to remotely match its pre launch hype, and its sufficient for what it is.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Watch Dogs is perfectly playable and totally forgettable. 20 bucks is probably a good price point. Don't go in expecting it to remotely match its pre launch hype, and its sufficient for what it is.
So if I have zero expectations or hype I may find it enjoyable?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So if I have zero expectations or hype I may find it enjoyable?
I think so, yeah. I enjoyed it because I went in with zero expectations and knew that it couldn't possibly be the big hit the pre release hype wanted everyone to think it was, and as a result I found a solid but completely average, open world game. I liked some of the level design and the utilization of hacking in set pieces to complete missions. Its not a horrible game, there's just nothing special or memorable about it.