Steam Deals and Digital Sales

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I think I need to follow this thread more.

Anyway, I just got Hand of Fate on Steam for $20 and I love it.

It is a Rogue-Likecardgame that has live-action monster fights.

Yep.

If that sounds intriguing in any way, go ahead and take the plunge. Great atmosphere and storytelling along with a good ole' fashioned Rogue-Like experience. Great game.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've been hearing the beta is still pretty bad....however Stardock is one of the few companies out there that simply will NOT release a game until they feel it's ready. So eventually you'll get a great product.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been hearing the beta is still pretty bad....however Stardock is one of the few companies out there that simply will NOT release a game until they feel it's ready. So eventually you'll get a great product.
They released fallen entchantress. But the legendary heros version is pretty good.

Edit: sorry elemental was bad and fallen enchantress was the fix for it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who bought Elemental got FE for free though - so they did effectively turn it into a great product for original buyers from a spending money standpoint.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Not to rehash old shit but to rehash old shit Stardock's mature stance on DRM and the retribution from DRM companies against Stardock made me a buyer for life.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Please explain?
Long story short...

Some years ago a DRM company singled out Stardock as refusing to use their product and because of that they lost 8 trillion dollars or some other made up #.

Stardock replied that they would never use DRM, and the way their products were designed they didn't mind piracy as anyone who plays their game tends to become a buyer. So the DRM company posted pirate links to download their games. Was pretty fucked up.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only played GW2 for a month after it released, but at 75% off it is an incredible deal. Hard to think of a game that will offer more quality content for the price, as there is no monthly sub fee.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Hrm, trying to get the girlfriend into some gaming... GW2 might be good intro. Thanks for the heads up. Only fear is if she ends up liking it too much?

Anyone recommend a good space/galaxy building game? Trying Galactic Civilizations 2 but it feels a bit shallow and I always get to the point I'm just clicking next turn over and over without much to do. Have enjoyed Civ IV Final Frontier in the past. Any thoughts?

edit: preferably through steam as I've got some cash in my steam wallet.