Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know a recent release (4 maybe?) had some creepy bondage moe crap going on. Once I saw that in the game I noped out of buying it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
sooooo... japan, eh. i can't even tell what kind of game this is, i assume you rape japanese schoolgirls with tentacles

also is the main char a tranny?

It's final fantasy tactics on steroids. Plus weird Japanese humor. I'm not an anime fan but the gameplay is solid enough I'm a big fan of this series.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's a SRPG along the lines of Tactics Ogre: LUCT and FF Tactics. That's where the similarities end though. The SRPG mechanics are almost as crazy (in a good way) as the story (in a very, very, very bad way). If NIS would make a serious game using Disgaea's mechanics without the "humor" and weird Japan-y shit that is even bizarre by anime standards, it'd probably be my favorite game series of all time.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The games are all set in hell basically, all the main characters are generally demons or angels. Prinnies are like the dretches and shit from D&D, the lowest order demons that are born from weak normal humanoid spirits that were evil and died or whatever.

Its very Japanese.

The gameplay is like FFT in that its a turn based strategy game. That's where, imo, the similarities end. The stories are non serious, there is definitely some egregious moe sexuality shit in the games.

Disgaea 4 is probably the best one that's ever come out, though. And they're really not serious games when it comes to the story and characters. Just the grinding and levelling is more serious than probably any other game ever made, though.

It's a SRPG along the lines of Tactics Ogre: LUCT and FF Tactics. That's where the similarities end though. The SRPG mechanics are almost as crazy (in a good way) as the story (in a very, very, very bad way). If NIS would make a serious game using Disgaea's mechanics without the "humor" and weird Japan-y shit that is even bizarre by anime standards, it'd probably be my favorite game series of all time.
Agree, but NIS is never going to make a serious game because it would bomb hard in Japan.

Vorph

Agree, but NIS is never going to make a serious game because it would bomb hard in Japan.
A setting similar to Natural Doctrine, except with Disgaea gameplay instead of the godawful shit they came up with for that game would be more than fine. Hell, I even liked Sakura Wars 5, but the gameplay was nowhere close to the depth of Disgaea.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought Disgaea1 was pretty funny. It broke the 4th wall in an entertaining fashion. Disgaea2, for whatever reason, wasn't really funny at all. Disgaea3 was pretty forgettable considering I don't remember it but I know I beat it. I haven't played any since then.

And NIS has made some less comicy games. I don't recall La Pucelles Tactics nor Phantom Brave trying hard to be funny.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah but pretty much all those games bombed didn't they? Natural Doctrine, La Pucelle and Phantom Brave I'm pretty sure didn't do so hot sales wise in Japan (and probably in the states) Hence why we don't get any sequels for them. Could be wrong though. Couple of those are a solid decade old now I think.

Disgaea 3 stars Mao, and its about a school in hell where all the best students are the worst students. Its silly, most people don't like it. I sorta did, but whatever.

4 is solid though.

spronk

FPS noob
More deals, less talking games.
FINE, SPOILSPORT

celebrate trannys everywhere on 9/25 by saving $32 on amazon prime. you can gift it to yourself if you already have prime and it'll add a year
Amazon.com: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)

PSN sale on assassins creed and Batman games
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...SASSINSPUBSALE
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...ATMANWEEKGAMES

Witcher 3 is $27 and Mad Max is $25 at Greenmangaming for PC. They are also having a sale on all rockstar games, like GTA4 for $4
Register | Login | Green Man Gaming

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It has some balance issues with specific spells/abilities being incredibly overpowered, but otherwise it is a easily worth that and then some.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
FINE, SPOILSPORT

celebrate trannys everywhere on 9/25 by saving $32 on amazon prime. you can gift it to yourself if you already have prime and it'll add a year
Amazon.com: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)

PSN sale on assassins creed and Batman games
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...SASSINSPUBSALE
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...ATMANWEEKGAMES

Witcher 3 is $27 and Mad Max is $25 at Greenmangaming for PC. They are also having a sale on all rockstar games, like GTA4 for $4
Register | Login | Green Man Gaming
Does the Amazon gifting yourself actually work? It shows $99 for me. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if people just assumed it was going to work.

Vorph

People probably just assumed it would work again this time because it did when it was on sale for $72 earlier this year. As far as I can tell, you're right and the gift price can not be discounted at all.