Steam Deals and Digital Sales

looks like Steam is having a 1 day sale (3/3/2013) on Civilizaion V - 75% off
Speaking of this, I bought the Civ V GOTY edition so it has most of the content included. I've been meaning to pick up Gods and Kings and it looks like it is included in Civ V gold package. If I buy the gold upgrade for $5 will it include this?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Considering the fact I didn't have any of the Civ V content, that package at $12 was a steal for me.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of this, I bought the Civ V GOTY edition so it has most of the content included. I've been meaning to pick up Gods and Kings and it looks like it is included in Civ V gold package. If I buy the gold upgrade for $5 will it include this?
looks like they renewed the daily deal on Civ 5, so now that I am answering the question a day late, it is still on time.

Civ 5 gold edition is civ 5 + gods and kings expansion + all DLC bundled together.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Civ 5 with Gods and Kings is wonderful - without I'd not bother. Civ 5 with it finally felt like an improved Civ 4.

Sean_sl

shitlord
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/9076...gital-download

Battlefield 3: Premium Service w/ Complete DLC (PC Digital Download) $25

GameStop has Battlefield 3: Premium Service w/ Complete DLC (PC Digital Download) for $24.99. Thanks akirasan88

Note, requires Battlefield 3 base game.

Includes
Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
Battlefield 3: Aftermath
Battlefield 3: End Game

Haka

N00b
Civ 5 with Gods and Kings is wonderful - without I'd not bother. Civ 5 with it finally felt like an improved Civ 4.
+1. Totally addicted to Civ again after I got the expansion last time it was on sale. Just spend a couple bucks on the DLC's, when there's a sale it's hard to say no to a couple more civs/wonders for a dollar or two.

Noticed the RPG Maker was on sale. Anyone ever tried it? Curious how easy it is.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
+1. Totally addicted to Civ again after I got the expansion last time it was on sale. Just spend a couple bucks on the DLC's, when there's a sale it's hard to say no to a couple more civs/wonders for a dollar or two.

Noticed the RPG Maker was on sale. Anyone ever tried it? Curious how easy it is.
What does G&K do to make Civ5 so much better, exactly? From the description on steam I don't really get it.

Haka

N00b
What does G&K do to make Civ5 so much better, exactly? From the description on steam I don't really get it.
G&K added religion, spying, and a bunch of balancing. The same still has one unit per tile, so if you can't get over that, you still may not like the game. They changed combat a bit, like in that they got rid of the 10 hp per unit and allowed units to cycle in and out more. I find combat much more enjoyable. There are way more city state quests and I think they tweaked how that works too.

Basically most of the annoying things you didn't like about Civ5 are gone. If you fundamentally disliked it though, the core of the game remains the same. If you're a Civ fan I'd get it a try.

I should say that it's been so long since I played vanilla I might be forgetting some major points, perhaps someone else can chime in.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Primal Carnage is on sale on Steam for $5 currently. It's basically L4D or CounterStrike with 1 team as dinosaurs. It's a lot of fun.

Sean_sl

shitlord
http://slickdeals.net/f/5907428-Targ...130-3-24-3-30?

Starting on March 24th until March 30th Target will be selling 3DS XLs of all colors, including the new Limited Edition Pikachu version, for $160. Think that's the lowest I've seen yet.

Considering jumping on this and picking up Fire Emblem. Still pissed as fuck that we didn't get the Fire Emblem 3DS XL bundle like Europe did and only got a regular 3DS bundle of it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
1st world problems.
wink.png

wink.png

wink.png