Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chivalry is mostly dead as a community - at least the community that actually matters (Deadliest Warrior - I miss my Spartan domination). I hope someone reboots the genre after Bannerlord gets everybody antsy for better multiplayer FPM battles.

The rest of those games aren't really that great.
frown.png
HW Remastered collected was just on sale for 9.99.
Brothers: Tale of 2 sons is a beautiful game and make tier one a no brainer.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
People rate that Gettysburg game pretty highly too apparently. The $1 tier could be worse. I have HW already and no interest in the average tier games but will throw a hundred digital pennies in at some point for sure.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think Victor Vran is worth it alone at that price. It doesn't have the loot ladder like some ARPGs, but it does have sufficient depth and I really enjoyed going through all the challenges that exist for each map (however, that's mostly the only aspect of replayability). I also appreciate that I actually need some skill for some of them -- you can't completely outgear/outlevel them.

Tropico 5 is good if you've never played a Tropico game before and pretty much worthless if you have.

Brothers is one of the best reviewed games in the past few years, by both critics and users.

I think this is one of their better bundles of late.

Sulrn

Deuces
So I ended up getting the bundle for Sam and Max, Back to the Future, Tales from the Borderlands, Wolf Among Us and Poker Night (and hopefully Jurassic Park).

Have Walking Dead + 400 Days already, so up for grabs if someone can provide me a new, quality avatar to use.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
That is an awesome value humble bundle. Tales from the Borderlands is worth it alone, best game from Telltale so far and Walking Dead Season 1 is up there as well.

I enjoyed Wolf Among Us but found the Game of Thrones entry pretty weak. They created new characters that interact with the major players from the show and it comes across as try hard.

Would rather of seen some of the lesser houses that hardly get a mention in the book feud it out away from everyone else, with no untouchable characters or have it set in Dunk and Egg's time.

Only played 2 eps of Walking Dead Season 2 when it came out, should go back and finish it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone play Offworld Trading Co? I know Day9 did a pre-release preview of it and said it was pretty solid. Was just wondering if anyone has played it and can give an impression.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Guys I have finally ascended to PC Master Race after 10 years of being a shitlord..

what do I need to buy? My steam account has like 15 games in it.

I've played all major releases that were also on PS3 and PS4.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Guys I have finally ascended to PC Master Race after 10 years of being a shitlord..

I could hook you up with Terraria or Borderlands GOTY if you don't have them. Keep an eye on the bundle sites too, sometimes they throw a bunch of stuff in one package for next-to-nothing.

spronk

FPS noob
get enhanced steam shows pricing history and a bunch of other shit in chrome/etc. only works in browser version of steamWelcome to Steamnot the app itself
Enhanced Steam

if you just want a bunch of games buy cheap bundles on (they rotate bundles weekly)
http://indiegala.com
http://bundlestars.com
Humble Eye Candy Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

For advanced users you can get IdleMaster and sell off all the cards you get, I pretty much buy most bundles on the sites above and idle them and sell off the cards, spent about $600 in the past 5 years and made about $300 in steam trading cards which i use to buy games from steam directly, so not too shabby and I've got 2355 games atm

There are honestly just way, way, way too many games on steam so use right click and favorite in your library to keep a small list of installed games you play regularly. I only have 8-15 games installed - Hitman, GTA5, a couple of VR games, wasteland 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Kings Quest, Homeworld, Divinity Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity. Recommend em all.

you can get pretty good AAA games on eBay and shit from people who buy new AMD/Nvidia cards and sell the codes. I got hitman for $12 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $15 that way

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

Isthereanydeal.com is a great site, to get started, you can get alerts to email when shit you want goes down in price. You can see tons of historical data as well. If you are just getting started I would go through the usual Skyrim/Saints Row/ Fallout 3/ New vegas stuff, Get the RPGS or action adventure games you may have missed like Witcher and the Dark souls stuff. CIV 5 routinely comes up for around 12 bucks and its the best investment I have ever made.

It depends on what video cards you actually have and stuff like that. Go back through this thread and i think there are a ton of recommendations.

It's unfortunate the review board crashed and burned. If I could ever possibly have enough time I would seriously consider reviewing steam sale stuff.

Otherwise if you see a game you are on the fence about, youtube it to get a feel about it.

I keep a YUUUGE wishlist, and when i see a decent price drop I weed it out or buy it, depending on how much i want it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Cool, I think most of the must-haves I've already played on consoles, and while I know the graphics are shit-tier in comparison I have no desire to re-purchase and replay them. i'll just start fresh.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Machine specs? Get Origin and Battlenet as well as Steam.

Regardless if you have played em on console I would get:

City Skylines (Steam)
Civ 5 (Steam)
BF4 (Origin)
Diablo 3 (Battlenet)
Starcraft 2 (Battlenet)
Path of the Exile
League of Legends