Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Steam sales suck ever since that winter one...which holy shit, was 2011. That one was epic though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Steam sales suck ever since that winter one...which holy shit, was 2011. That one was epic though.

Was that the one with the lumps of coal? I agree that was the best one, it was also the one that started the trend of sales like we see now. If I remember correctly, Humble was running a pretty popular bundle at the same time as the sale so people were farming coal from basically almost free steam keys from Humble (this was before the $1 = steam key rule).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm thrifty as shit now, I only buy maybe 1 or 2 games a year at full retail and now rely on these sales a year or two after. The sales do suck compared to that Christmas one about 6 years back.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Steam sale is up, technically. But of course it's not ACTUALLY up for another hour or two when the servers stabilize and the discounts actually get turned on properly.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, steam is slow as fuuuuuuuuuck. Time to be patient.
I got 25 games on wishlist that need to be bought

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So is this one of those sales where everything is on sale at once again until July 5th?

Or is it cycling? Because a lot of these are pure shit.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm thrifty as shit now, I only buy maybe 1 or 2 games a year at full retail and now rely on these sales a year or two after. The sales do suck compared to that Christmas one about 6 years back.
Yeah games are crazy cheap literally every other month. Seasonal sale event feels like a chore.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not cycling, afaik

Some of those deals are retarded then. 0-40% off on some of those major publishers. Seriously. Oh and those final fantasy games? Didn't I see those sales prices as regular prices? I could have sworn I could have bought FF7 on PC for the same price it is on sale now for the last year.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Can shop on steam, just can't purchase anything or use search. When I first looked 25% of the store home page was great deals on free to play games, yeah cause that's why I look at sales.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure if I want Darkest Dungeon after seeing some of the comments in that thread recently.

Only other games that I've had in my wishlist are Starbound, Stranded Deep, and The Forest. Kind of meh.