Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have been eyeing a Dark Souls game, which one is the best to start with assuming kb+m ?

1 or 3

I put 122hrs into DS1 a couple months ago, played through NG and about half NG+. You will need to download a simple mod called DSfix if you want to KB+M for this. Get DS1 is you want to spend less money and want the classic experience. Comes with all DLC automatically. This does sometimes go down to $4.99 though if you wait.

I just got DS3 today. Better graphics, not as classic experience, KB+M works without mod, some refinements over DS1 and DS2. Currently cheapest it has ever been, I got the DLC with it because I know I will play through this for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
1 or 3

I put 122hrs into DS1 a couple months ago, played through NG and about half NG+. You will need to download a simple mod called DSfix if you want to KB+M for this. Get DS1 is you want to spend less money and want the classic experience. Comes with all DLC automatically. This does sometimes go down to $4.99 though if you wait.

I just got DS3 today. Better graphics, not as classic experience, KB+M works without mod, some refinements over DS1 and DS2. Currently cheapest it has ever been, I got the DLC with it because I know I will play through this for sure.
DS1 is the only one not on sale, bummer. Guess I'll just go for the third one then.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Every game I want is under 10 bucks but Dead Cells. This is the most games I've ever bought from a Steam Sale since that Christmas sale, 48 bucks total and I almost never buy indie games.

Transistor, Dead Cells, Aragami, Hollow Knight and Salt & Sanctuary.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hollow Knight and Ori are on my radar this sale. I know how good Ori is, anyone have Hollow Knight?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hollow Knight and Ori are on my radar this sale. I know how good Ori is, anyone have Hollow Knight?

Hollow Knight was good, I'd say worth it on sale. It has a couple of annoying mechanics that hurt it more than they should, but the atmosphere, sound, music, and 'charm' that the game has is great.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have been eyeing a Dark Souls game, which one is the best to start with assuming kb+m ?
I would buy a 20-30 dollar wired Xbox controller and play the game with that . That being said I would start with the first one. Of the two I have played it was my favorite.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got like 10-11 game tabs open I'm considering grabbing this sale, but I'm going to wait a couple days so I can refund anything that is in the Humble Monthly Bundle because it's mostly stuff that could be :p

Hollow Knight is still sitting strong as my GOTY so far, but fuck there's a lot of good stuff this year. All of you that picked it up, hope you enjoy it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I would buy a 20-30 dollar wired Xbox controller and play the game with that . That being said I would start with the first one. Of the two I have played it was my favorite.

Going to echo DS1 to start with, but whatever you do do not pay full price for it. Also, you will want to download the DXfix patch so you can run the game and have it look good. You should be able to find DS1 on sale here for $7.99 at most, but for some reason it isn't on sale. So wait for a sale for it, or go with DS3 because that was really good, runs well without fixes, and is still pretty cheap.

Stay Away from Dark Souls 2 as your first one. It's the worst of the three and may turn you off the series.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not sure it posted

Steam link is $15 on Amazon IF YOU PICK AMAZON AS THE SELLER

Picked one up because at $15 that's a steal

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I'm about halfway through DS2. Should I just pony up the 45 bucks for DS3 + DLC now or hold out for a better deal?

Also to the other poster, I'd recommend getting DS1 and a XBox controller as it really is the best way to play on PC.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why, but I kind of want a good Hunting of Fishing game. Don't even hunt or fish or care about it really....

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
How do you feel about the older Harvest Moon games? I put 50 hours into a pirated copy of Stardew Valley, then bought it via Humble Monthly because I felt bad getting so many hours out of a game I didn't pay for.
If you liked Harvest Moon, then I say yes absolutely it's worth $9.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never played them before I think there was a generation gap in there and I was "too old" for them at the time they came out. I probably need to try this one just to see what I missed out on.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Never played them before I think there was a generation gap in there and I was "too old" for them at the time they came out. I probably need to try this one just to see what I missed out on.

I had never played any Harvest Moon games and enjoyed Stardew Valley. If you're even remotely interested it's worth the $9 to find out. Can always refund it if you actually notice the passage of time while playing.