Steam Deals and Digital Sales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember it being a royal pain in the ass to actually sync. At one point I had to use my WiiU Pro via BT and my DS4 plugged in to finally pair the systems. Since then it has worked fairly well.
Yea, that is basically what's happened to me a few times. It sucks. Just really weird shit.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How well does Steam Link work with XBox 360 wireless controllers? Not a purchased one, the one that came with my system I bought years ago.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
How well does Steam Link work with XBox 360 wireless controllers? Not a purchased one, the one that came with my system I bought years ago.

That's what I've used and never had a problem, it is a wired controller though. After hearing all the complaints about the wireless I think I'll stick with my wired variant.

Sulrn

Deuces
Let me know if you ever find a genre of gaming that Steam Controller actually excels at over the standard Kb+M / Xbox controller combo route; or if they ever actually improve ergonomics / feel of the thing; or just make it worth anything in general.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My Steam Link was super laggy over the wifi. No clue why. It was literally 4 feet away on the other side of a shitty plywood wall. Glad I only spent $15 on it instead of $50.

Hekotat

My Steam Link was super laggy over the wifi. No clue why. It was literally 4 feet away on the other side of a shitty plywood wall. Glad I only spent $15 on it instead of $50.

There are tweaks you have to do to the ini files. For some reason some left the factory at much lower bandwidth restrictions than others. Check out some youtube vids, a few tricks helped mine tremendously.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Let me know if you ever find a genre of gaming that Steam Controller actually excels at over the standard Kb+M / Xbox controller combo route; or if they ever actually improve ergonomics / feel of the thing; or just make it worth anything in general.

It is a controversial piece of hardware. Personally it feels great to me and works well across most things I play, but I can completely understand other’s disdain for it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Xbox wireless isn't bluetooth, have to use it wired with Steam Link. You can't even make it work with the wireless adapter without buying an extra $12 piece of software (VirtualHere) which has pretty poor reviews.

Steam Controller is the single worst piece of hardware I have ever bought. It's inferior in every possible way to a DualShock 4.

Hekotat

Xbox wireless isn't bluetooth, have to use it wired with Steam Link. You can't even make it work with the wireless adapter without buying an extra $12 piece of software (VirtualHere) which has pretty poor reviews.

Steam Controller is the single worst piece of hardware I have ever bought. It's inferior in every possible way to a DualShock 4.

I'll give you tree fitty for it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I prefer the Steam controller for most things, although it can take some tinkering to get the right pad to feel better than a stick. But that's part of what I like, having it be so flexible. Nothing beats having those extra buttons under the grips and being able to do weird mapping stuff to make some moves easier. For something like Tomb Raider or any other 3rd person action game, I'm not sure it's worth it (although I aim slightly better compared to PS4 controller) but for everything else I use it when I can.

Crone

I thought it was pretty obvious that he was talking about a Xbox 360 controller, not a Xbox One? In which case he is correct, Xbox 360 wireless controllers are not bluetooth.

Despite being Microsoft, I have my doubts that a Xbox One controller would work any better than my DS4 controller. Both are bluetooth, and both would probably have weird ass connection issues.

Anyone have experience with Xbox One controllers with Steam Link vs DS4 controllers?

Vorph

I thought it was pretty obvious that he was talking about a Xbox 360 controller, not a Xbox One? In which case he is correct, Xbox 360 wireless controllers are not bluetooth.

I was talking about the original Xbone controllers actually. Did not realize that the newer S controllers are bluetooth and can pair to the Steam Link natively.

Crone

I was talking about the original Xbone controllers actually. Did not realize that the newer S controllers are bluetooth and can pair to the Steam Link natively.
Wtf? Original Xbox One controllers weren't bluetooth? that's retarded.

Sorry.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
New steam update today. If I open the steam store I can't navigate away from whatever it was showing when it opened. If you try to click < > to cycle thru the stuff at the top it hangs forever one the second screen.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
New steam update today. If I open the steam store I can't navigate away from whatever it was showing when it opened. If you try to click < > to cycle thru the stuff at the top it hangs forever one the second screen.
Did the update and not having this issue, assuming you have already shut it down and reopened?