Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Oldbased

> Than U
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Went to check out the bundles( no game bundles atm outside of monthly? ) saw that game above was free for the next 13 hours or so.

Rime

<Donor>
Yogscast 'Jingle Jam' is the only current bundle. 100% of the money goes to Charity. It costs $35, but you usually end up with 10-15 games by the end of the month. Ones offered at the front are QUBE, Rust, Gary's Mod, and Dungeon of the Endless.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Yogscast 'Jingle Jam' is the only current bundle. 100% of the money goes to Charity. It costs $35, but you usually end up with 10-15 games by the end of the month. Ones offered at the front are QUBE, Rust, Gary's Mod, and Dungeon of the Endless.
There's also a racing game bundle currently available, with a bunch of F1 games and stuff.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I played The Long Dark about a year ago so I don't know how much has changed since then but I thought it was a lot of fun. It was pretty immersive and compelling for a good while, before I managed to learn enough to be safe. Still, I wasn't playing on the hardest difficulty. That game alone is worth the bundle, imo.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The retarded "cabin fever" mechanic needs to go before TLD is playable again imo. Sounds like story mode is still in dire need of a balance pass too.

Oldbased

> Than U
That game sucked balls, it was a huge letdown.
I save those for when I am really bored and try them out. Last year they gave Tropico 4 and 5 at different times for free which managed to suck out 100 hours of my life. When free, you win some and lose some. Mostly lose but free is still free ( and +1 game for library stats ).

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Went to check out the bundles( no game bundles atm outside of monthly? ) saw that game above was free for the next 13 hours or so.

As someone who loves XCom, that game was not worth the download time if it's what I'm remembering. Real time action shooter :(

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, that's a fucking killer deal. I had been saving my $15 coupon you get when you do the trial of any Magix product for the inevitable sale on Vegas, figuring I'd buy Vegas Movie Studio for $50. But fuck me, $20 for Vegas Pro? That's a god damn steal.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
In Vegas Pro 13, GPU rendering ceased working unless you had an old graphics card. CUDA assisted rendering would work if you had an NVIDIA card and OpenCL would work if you had an AMD card. Sony stopped upgrading and maintaining the software, which meant it would not work with newer cards on the market. MAGIX did not bother to fix the problem.

This is extremely important, because rendering is how you get your video out of Vegas and into a format for whatever you need to use. Rendering a large video is a time consuming process, one where your machine is taxed and large amounts of resources are being used. The fact that they could not bother, for whatever reason, at this price to update the software to take advantage of GPU rendering is practically a rip off.

That sounds kind of crappy but if you don't mind the time I guess you can put it on overnight. I'm guessing most people have new GPUs than when this was released.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I looked it up to see if it worked with my gpu (R9-290X, which was a yes) and from what I was reading the issue is with versions 11-14.