Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Klei survival bundle is currently 24 bucks on Steam which includes Don't Starve/Together with all DLC and Oxygen Not Included.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone get some random trading cards lately? I miss a promo or something? Games I haven't played in a long time either, like This War of Mine. At one point I got a card from like 4 different games one morning when I logged in. It's not like someone's playing on my account, the latest games listing in my library isn't showing any evidence of that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone get some random trading cards lately? I miss a promo or something? Games I haven't played in a long time either, like This War of Mine. At one point I got a card from like 4 different games one morning when I logged in. It's not like someone's playing on my account, the latest games listing in my library isn't showing any evidence of that.

I got a payday 2 booster pack last month and that game has been uninstalled since 2014, and a week or two ago I got a Saint's Row 3 card when I haven't had that installed in a really long time either.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yeah I got 2 Titan Quest cards yesterday.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I have a specific rule applied for all steam sales, I only purchase those from my wishlist with minimum 50% off.

Witcher 3 was the only game I paid full price in the last couple years. #patientgamers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
At this point once you are past 2 or 3 steam sales there is not much else to buy since the discounts run for 2 weeks and are all pretty meh since they run so long. Daily 90% off flash sales have long since disappeared.

best thing is just to put every game that sounds interesting on your wish list and steam just emails you whenever they go on sale

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Just had 2 endless space cards show up. I think it's related to changes Steam made to the card system late last year.

Steam Blog :: Changes to Trading Cards

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if they recently adjusted/fixed the confidence metric or something then and that's why we're getting cards for prior playtime.

Edit: quoted 5th hand from a random Steam comment, this makes some sense -

Games that previously didn't have cards but have since added them or games that have expanded the size of their card deck grant card drops retroactively based on your play time as of a recent Steam update.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
The prices seem better than other sales in recent memory; lots of 70s and 75s this go around. Still not planning on buying much of anything because of an enormous backlog.

• 1Solidarity

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
about 60% of my wishlist is at historical lows this sale, after years of... not.

Maybe someone realized they DO need to complete with GMG, GoL, Humble, et'all.