Steam Deals and Digital Sales

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I picked up Forged Battalion. Early Access RTS w/ progression, a tech tree and customization seems like a neat idea. I only really play these games for comp stomp, rather than competitively.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Bought dark souls 2
And wh40k retribution.
Thinking of picking up demon souls and dark souls as well

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Terraria (yeah yeah most people bought it centuries ago)
Klei survival bundle (Oxygen Not Included, Don't Starve/Together with all DLC)
The Long Dark (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)
Templar Battleforce (<3 Trese Brothers)
Door Kickers

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Bought Spintires Mudrunners. If this game was marketed right they could make a killing on it like deerhunter did.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Got Witcher III from GoG.com and a Valve pack from Steam.
I also got a SteamLink earlier, just got delivered yesterday. Can't go wrong for like 3$ plus shipping but I have no idea what to do with it.
Also Euro Truck Simulator and Event Pass Sanhok.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
The king of retards strikes again!
I bought The Witcher III from GoG.com for ~24.72€
I got a €4.73 bonus on my GoG.com account balance because of regional pricing stuff.
So in the end I pay 19.99€
and just today I see it on steam for 19.99 as well. I would have liked to get it through Steam if only to have everything in one place. Fuck.

Last edited:

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
The king of retards strikes again!
I bought The Witcher III from GoG.com for ~24.72€
I got a €4.73 bonus on my GoG.com account balance because of regional pricing stuff.
So in the end I pay 19.99€
and just today I see it on steam for 19.99 as well. I would have liked to get it through Steam if only to have everything in one place. Fuck.
Gotta hand it to GoG.com they refunded me without further questions when I told them I'd rather have bought it via steam. They didn't have to do that, now I feel valued as a customer and will turn around and spend twice that with them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bought it from gog just because cdpr owns gog and that way they get 100% of the sale.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I bought it from gog just because cdpr owns gog and that way they get 100% of the sale.
I'd do this shit if they just gave me Steam keys, but honestly I hate not having shit on Steam. Alternatively I'd like Steam to let you add games that they sell in their list and track stuff properly even if you can't download it from them. You can add games to the game list but it doesn't track shit and doesn't have the usual info on the page and stuff it's annoying.

I've removed GOG from my IsThereAnyDeals tracking stuff because of that, even if they often get sales a little bit lower than Steam due to devs getting more of the money or whatever, but I just like tracking games progress, time spent and just having them in my list with other games.

Vorph

I'm the opposite I guess. With how Steam has been infested with more shit than even the worst mobile app store, I prefer to spend as little time/money as possible there. My only concern with gog is that some devs take extra time patching the gog version, and there are some assholes who stop supporting it entirely.

Vorph

July's free games from Twitch Prime, for people who have Amazon Prime and don't mind using yet another client to install games from:

Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition (July 2-4)
Metal Slug 3 (July 3 - August 2)
The Last Blade (July 3 - August 2)
Twinkle Star Sprites (July 3 - August 2)
Q.U.B.E. 2 (July 3-4)
Battle Chef Brigade (July 4-11)
Manual Samuel (July 5-12)
Gonner (July 6-13)
Next Up Hero (July 7-14)
Uurnog Uurnlimited (July 8-14)
Hue (July 9-15)
Deponia Doomsday (July 10-16)
Observer (July 11-17)
Tacoma (July 12-18)
The Bridge (July 13-26)
Brutal Legend (July 14-27)
The Red Strings Club (July 15-21)
Tyranny (July 16-18)
Broken Age (July 17-31)
The Framed Collection (July 18-31)
Serial Cleaner (July 18-31)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
July's free games from Twitch Prime, for people who have Amazon Prime and don't mind using yet another client to install games from:

Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition (July 2-4)
Metal Slug 3 (July 3 - August 2)
The Last Blade (July 3 - August 2)
Twinkle Star Sprites (July 3 - August 2)
Q.U.B.E. 2 (July 3-4)
Battle Chef Brigade (July 4-11)
Manual Samuel (July 5-12)
Gonner (July 6-13)
Next Up Hero (July 7-14)
Uurnog Uurnlimited (July 8-14)
Hue (July 9-15)
Deponia Doomsday (July 10-16)
Observer (July 11-17)
Tacoma (July 12-18)
The Bridge (July 13-26)
Brutal Legend (July 14-27)
The Red Strings Club (July 15-21)
Tyranny (July 16-18)
Broken Age (July 17-31)
The Framed Collection (July 18-31)
Serial Cleaner (July 18-31)

Was just about to post this, good stuff.

Vorph

Yeah, a lot more stuff than a usual Prime Loot month because it's the lead up to Prime Day on the 18th. It's cool they give out the complete DLC versions too since I don't think you'd be able to add them any other way. Only really interested in Pillars (never finished it/never bought the DLCs) and Tyranny, but those two alone are ~$54 in the Steam summer sale right now.

DRM-wise, I've been able to install and then play the games I have from previous months without the app running, so it seems more like GOG than Steam/Uplay/Origin.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except I'd have to start a new playthrough to be able to play the DLC. REEEEEE

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

The dates are when they go free? Or just the dates that you can play it free? Never used twitch prime loot for anything because it's always skins for games I don't play.