Steam Deals and Digital Sales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crucible isn't' worth it, it's just an "endless" mode, within 5 or 6 levels in you start being able to pick out the scenery chunks it's using to build the "random" path. By then you've also encountered at least one of the "fuck this" combinations of mobs and/or specials. Combinations that the dev's would never have put into a handcrafted map.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When I last played Crucible was still the best way to farm loot provided you already have a very strong build and are just looking to replace vanilla items with mythicals.

A lot of people grind new characters there to get enough devotion points so that they have all 55 at the end of the normal campaign too. Not recommended for your very first character though, you need to have some leveling sets made or you'll hit a wall.

The game is a horrific grind and good loot is way too damn rare (and far, far worse if you decide to play a build based around a particular legendary/mythical set), but it's fun if you cheat just enough to remove the most retarded ideas their designers had. Fuck maxing rep before being allowed to farm nemesis, for example.

Have they given any indication of when the next DLC is due out?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
When I last played Crucible was still the best way to farm loot provided you already have a very strong build and are just looking to replace vanilla items with mythicals.

A lot of people grind new characters there to get enough devotion points so that they have all 55 at the end of the normal campaign too. Not recommended for your very first character though, you need to have some leveling sets made or you'll hit a wall.

The game is a horrific grind and good loot is way too damn rare (and far, far worse if you decide to play a build based around a particular legendary/mythical set), but it's fun if you cheat just enough to remove the most retarded ideas their designers had. Fuck maxing rep before being allowed to farm nemesis, for example.

Have they given any indication of when the next DLC is due out?
Q1 2019 I think it was pushed back a little. I'd expect late jan/early feb or so, but might be later.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My Steam friends thus far have only bought 3 games this sale, based on what the activity feed is showing me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I only bought 2 games so far, 3 if you count the one I bought monday from Humble. Not planning on buying more for now, mostly because there will be another sale in a month anyway and these 3 games+whatever I already have should last me a while. There's a few more things I could buy because of good prices this sale though.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Not only that, but the quality and replayability of games have diminished drastically since 2010. As well as flooding the market with so many options it's better to wait on something really good these days, most will be dead within a month of launch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
DLC makes waiting even more important to get the GOTY/Complete editions so you aren't missing out on shit when playing shortly after release, not to mention patches. By the time you wait around for all that, you might as well wait for a good sale as well, and then your interest has probably diminished drastically.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
celeste is 20% off, i've heard a lot of people say its one of their all time favorite games (but i'm not a big indie guy so dunno...)

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
celeste is 20% off, i've heard a lot of people say its one of their all time favorite games (but i'm not a big indie guy so dunno...)

It is a fantastic and addictive 2d platformer with a great soundtrack. Highly recommend this one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I was planning to at least pick up definitive edition of shadow of war (hard to pass that up at 24 bucks) but just got slammed with some vet bills because of a goddamn inoperable cyst in a cat's ear canal.

reeeeeeeee

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Actually I was planning to at least pick up definitive edition of shadow of war (hard to pass that up at 24 bucks) but just got slammed with some vet bills because of a goddamn inoperable cyst in a cat's ear canal.

reeeeeeeee

Could be worse, a friend of mine just paid $5,000 for a new acl for his wife's dog. To make things worse, the dog is pushing 12 years old...

• 4WTF
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Damn, I would have been like 'look at this dog honey, he's fine'

3leggeddog.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Damn, I would have been like 'look at this dog honey, he's fine'

3leggeddog.jpg

Void Void & Sterling Sterling is that Toad Killer Dog?

On a separate note I bought Grim Dawn and the DLCs and I am enjoying it with a buddy of mine. My first run through I am playing as a Pyromancer and I feel over powered, I probably need to up the difficulty.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Void Void & Sterling Sterling is that Toad Killer Dog?

On a separate note I bought Grim Dawn and the DLCs and I am enjoying it with a buddy of mine. My first run through I am playing as a Pyromancer and I feel over powered, I probably need to up the difficulty.
First difficulty is pretty easy regardless, it follows the usual diablo thing where first difficulty is kinda mash keys get loot, but further on it gets harder and you have to gear up, max your resists, get better gear and actually avoid shit/pick defensive skills to survive. Using veteran option makes the first difficulty a bit better in that regard, but not by a whole lot early on.

spronk

FPS noob
Humble doing the Yogscast 2018 jingle charity thing
Yogscast Jingle Jam 2018 (pay what you want and help charity)

So far you get Cardlife, Animal Super Squad, Kabounce, and the Greater Good for $35 with one more item (game/etc) being revealed every day until dec 25th. 100% of the money goes to charity

some games have limited keys, like cardlife has only 9300 keys as of this writing. Each game is a seperate key so you can gift to friends games you already own.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user