Steam Deals and Digital Sales

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There are only two good things about FF15: The graphics, and them going with a Stand By Me style of male friendship bonding journeys. But you might as well just watch Stand By Me for the latter, and Final Fantasy should not be dependant on the former, just supported by it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There are only two good things about FF15: The graphics, and them going with a Stand By Me style of male friendship bonding journeys. But you might as well just watch Stand By Me for the latter, and Final Fantasy should not be dependant on the former, just supported by it.

I’d argue there are three good things.

1576866284786.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
FFXV runs like dogshit on Steam, check the reviews. Something about DRM.

I feel like I have been saying this alot lately, but all the FF games are coming to Game Pass in a few months so personally I'd wait.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
FFXV is one of the worst games of all time. Do not buy it.

Im not a fan either but it’s nowhere near the worst games of all time. I could see someone thinking it’s the worst final fantasy if they truly hate the action combat though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
it plat'd it on PS4 earlier this year, it was definitely a weird game. By no means the worst, there are a million horrible games (hi2u Anthem, Mass Effect Andromeda, Fallout 76) that are total wastes of time.

FFXV's biggest problem is the first 4-5 hours are decent, then pretty much the rest of the game is boring and silly and nonsense with one "level" being absolute hot garbage (the "run around in the dark, lost, can't use weapons" stuff), then the last hour or so is decent. Similar to Kingdom Hearts 3 I don't really understand the story of FF15 and weirdly all the "good" bits happen off screen and you are just told what happened. Its bizarre.

Just running around in an open world thats a mix of Final Fantasy and weird western RPG was cool and relaxing, and hanging out with 3 best bros fishing and camping and hunting was fun.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry but I played on launch and when people leave your party and come back and tell you "yeah I went on this adventure" and you KNOW that's them advertising dlc it's just gay. Stupid design, shit gameplay, nonsensical story. I rate it superman64/10

• 1Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Does the MH:World iceborne bundle not come with the base game?

No, that franchise has maintained relatively high pricing. The $24 this sale is the lowest I've ever seen it on Steam, and just a few dollars cheaper elsewhere.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I can't really imagine it being worth it unless you are playing with a handful+ of people. I'd rather play Conan Exiles or Sea of Thieves depending on what itch I'm looking to scratch, rather than Atlas.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the feedback (re: FFXV). I went with Witcher 3 (GOTY) and Doom.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
Hard to go wrong with the Witcher 3. If you enjoy the combat style, the game is just so chock full of lore, random experiences, and characters that you actually care about if you listen/read.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yup, just FYI though it's currently on console Game Pass also.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the feedback (re: FFXV). I went with Witcher 3 (GOTY) and Doom.

Oh, yeah if it was a choice between FFXV and W3 it’s not even a conversation worth having. W3 is superior by far on every metric.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
W3 has also been my base line game to test different OC results this past year as I got video card and processor upgrades. I got new processor first, then new video card after that, then OC'ed processor, so it was neat to see the FPS go up and up.

But despite putting 64 hours into the game according to Steam, I have yet to beat it, or get really anywhere close. One of these days I'll finally get through the story and everything I think.

• 1Like