Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looks weird. Not sure if I'd like it. Can't commit. Paralyzed. Ahhhh
Shit's literally free this weekend, you can just check it out. It's a lot of fun, although obviously it won't appeal to everyone, it's pretty hard and kinda repetitive and sometimes the RNG's gonna fuck you in the ass, as it tradition with rogue-likes/lites.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks weird. Not sure if I'd like it. Can't commit. Paralyzed. Ahhhh

What pyros said and it's better with friends. It really starts to shine once you get the characters unlocked. There are lots of playstyles.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Shit's literally free this weekend, you can just check it out. It's a lot of fun, although obviously it won't appeal to everyone, it's pretty hard and kinda repetitive and sometimes the RNG's gonna fuck you in the ass, as it tradition with rogue-likes/lites.

I tried it last night, always looked weird to me so never did. Anyway I had no idea wtf to do, was getting raped so fast I couldn’t ever really figure it out so put it on easy. Finally had enough breathing room I figured out what was going on, opening crates, turrets, bots, etc.

Got into the second stage and wandered around for 45 minutes without ever finding the next teleport. Was so high level nothing could kill me so finally suicided off of a cliff over and over to finally die.

It was fun and I was ready to try again on Normal difficulty but the prospect of having a stage spawn where there’s literally nowhere to go really killed my enthusiasm. I explored the fuck out of that map and never figured out where the teleport was.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I tried it last night, always looked weird to me so never did. Anyway I had no idea wtf to do, was getting raped so fast I couldn’t ever really figure it out so put it on easy. Finally had enough breathing room I figured out what was going on, opening crates, turrets, bots, etc.

Got into the second stage and wandered around for 45 minutes without ever finding the next teleport. Was so high level nothing could kill me so finally suicided off of a cliff over and over to finally die.

It was fun and I was ready to try again on Normal difficulty but the prospect of having a stage spawn where there’s literally nowhere to go really killed my enthusiasm. I explored the fuck out of that map and never figured out where the teleport was.
There's always somewhere to go. Maps aren't randomized(they have some random elements but limited, only enemies/chests/teleport/spawn and such are randomized), so after a few runs you kinda know how the map looks and after a few more you know where the teleports are, but the big tip to find the teleporter is to look for light dust particles, red or yellow depending on the map, they float around in a fairly large area around where the teleporter is and it makes it a lot easier to spot them from afar if they're under some pillar or some shit.

And yeah the game mechanics aren't that obvious, it's similar to the first Risk of Rain(although that one was a 2D side scroller), kill stuff, open chests, go to teleport asap to move forward and not waste too much time. The longer you stay, the higher the difficulty and if you don't progress quickly to get more chests you just fall behind and die. Lots of stuff to unlock, although the character unlocks are a bit slow if you don't play on the easy difficulty(which isn't really THAT easy) and the starting class is kinda fucking ass until you unlock the shotgun(which takes a stupid amount of time since you need to get to stage 13+).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
When looking for the teleporter there is always glowing ash floating in the air near where it is located. This will help you get a general idea where it is.

The variety in builds is what makes it fun, especially playing with friends and sharing loot or what asking for what you're looking for. Some of the other classes give it a lot more play room, but I can only handle a few rounds a day.

The Loader is my favorite class followed by Rex. I wish they'd do something to make the Mercenary's moves more cohesive.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Gamestop.com must be getting hammered, I have not been able to get on to their site all day.

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gears 5 is temporarily free (basically free weekend) on the Windows Store and Steam. The offer runs until April 12. It's not permanent (you can't keep it on your account), but it should be enough to complete the campaign and try multiplayer a bit or only multiplayer if that's what you want.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Grim Dawn is steeply discounted this weekend on Steam. Pretty enjoyable ARPG in the style of Diablo 2 and PoE.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Just Cause 4 free on EGS Thursday. Never played it personally, but for the price of free it could be fun blowing shit up for a few hours. Also AC:Odyssey caught my eye for 19 bucks. Probably the lowest I have ever seen it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Just Cause 4 free on EGS Thursday. Never played it personally, but for the price of free it could be fun blowing shit up for a few hours. Also AC:Odyssey caught my eye for 19 bucks. Probably the lowest I have ever seen it.

I got ACO a few weeks ago when it was on sale on a free preview weekend. Very good game, was more than worth the price, so much content in it even just the base game.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Total War: Warhammer can be played for free this weekend, along with the usual steam sale advantages to rope you in. I can't recommend that game enough, if you don't have it then definitely give it a try. It nails the Warhammer Fantasy setting down perfectly. I'm gonna grab the last few DLCs that I've been missing.

Oldbased

> Than U
Total War: Warhammer can be played for free this weekend, along with the usual steam sale advantages to rope you in. I can't recommend that game enough, if you don't have it then definitely give it a try. It nails the Warhammer Fantasy setting down perfectly. I'm gonna grab the last few DLCs that I've been missing.
Decent game. I felt like it was skimpy in parts but I paid $60 initially and before any addons.
What I really want is Age of Empires 3. I would buy it but I have purchased it 4 times in my life, but before steam. Kept losing the floppies. One day it will go on massive sale. One day.
I have a strong urge to build my city and line it with cannon towers and just watch the carnage over and over and over on fast speed.