Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
nm turns out it doesn't support win7.

Did you try Windows ME Gavinmad Gavinmad ?

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is a VERY Baldur's Gate type game implementing D&D 5e rules. The character art is a bit weak, but the overall look and feel of the thing is quite impressive.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is a VERY Baldur's Gate type game implementing D&D 5e rules. The character art is a bit weak, but the overall look and feel of the thing is quite impressive.
It shows some promise. I liked the ways the characters interacted with ledges and stuff.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well Iron Harvest and Riftbreaker are two definite buys for me. I wish all gaming companies would go back to demos.

And can someone define "rogue like" for me please.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well Iron Harvest and Riftbreaker are two definite buys for me. I wish all gaming companies would go back to demos.

Roguelike just seems to mean you start over when you die, no check points. The like part seems to refer to steady progress being made at the same time, even though you start fresh you’re unlocking things to make you stronger on your restarts.

It’s pretty loose termed depending on how they handle the restarts and progression but that’s been the gist of the definition for most of the roguelikes I have played. Dead Cells, Children of Morta, etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff

This really has demonstrated that demos are an amazing marketing tool. Im checking out and wishlisting a bunch of stuff that I would never have touched until/unless I saw a post on here about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
The like part seems to refer to steady progress being made at the same time, even though you start fresh you’re unlocking things to make you stronger on your restarts.

When there is progress being made that persists after death they usually call it a Roguelite

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

If you have Instagram you should follow this dude. He is the guy who made the art that Iron Harvest is based on. His shit is amazing. Pretty sure he’s fucking loaded now as they used his art for the setting for a board game called scythe that went nuts, and now this game. His art is badass for sure.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First game I tried was the Survivalists. Think I made it maybe 30 seconds before I closed it. Game kept interrupting me between every action (and sometimes more than once). I want to play the game, not be told how to play the game.
Sounds like a Nintendo game, lol.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like a Nintendo game, lol.
Except it's actually the opposite. I wish I remember where I saw the video (thought it was Shamus Young, but it's not), but it used the original Mario Bros as an example of how it doesn't tell you how to do anything and you learn through the game showing you.

This is similar, but not as good.

• 1Dislike

Caliane

Modern* nintendo game

Zelda is fucking awful with that shit, these days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Try Mario Party on Switch. You will spend 75% of your time clicking through pop-ups and text prompts... and that is if you tell the game to stfu and not give you tips on how to play.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

As much as it pains me to agree with Qhue, I have to say that I am very pleasantly surprised by Solasta. I've had it on my wish list for a bit, but I wasn't incredibly familiar with it. Today, I played the entire demo and I'm very excited about this game. It's basically D&D 5E done right.