Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So it's throne of lies mashed up with a survival game? lol

I don't even know how to describe it other than funny as fuck. You can't trust a single thing anyone says or does. I got beat to death in my first game because I didn't know what was going on and they thought I was playing coy.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I wanna get a wired controller for my PC and relegate my 360 wireless controller for my steam link. Was thinking just a wired XBOX 1 controller for simplicity's sake. Is this the right thing?
It is, but don't buy it from a seller that ships direct. If Amazon ships it to you, it's covered by their return policy and not the seller's. It's not worth it just to save a few bucks.

Also, if you already have a long enough USB-A to micro USB cable you don't need to buy that particular one. Just get any Xbone controller you can find and it will work via wired.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
So I wanna get a wired controller for my PC and relegate my 360 wireless controller for my steam link. Was thinking just a wired XBOX 1 controller for simplicity's sake. Is this the right thing?

thats fine but you can use xbox controllers with either bluetooth (controllers made after 2019 work fine over bluetooth) or buy the xbox dongle if your PC doesn't have bluetooth
www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Adapter-Windows-Packaging/dp/B07CJ6GVM8

I use a elite v2 on my PC over bluetooth but also have the dongle in case bluetooth fucks up, but zero issues over the past year. I find wired controllers constantly unplug because microUSB (and even USB-C) is a shit connector, I prefer the charging station which comes with rechargable battery and just use that to recharge when I need, something like this
www.amazon.com/Fosmon-Controller-Charger-Charging-Rechargeable/dp/B077SN7QN3

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Main thing was I don't want to deal with batteries anymore. I'd get rechargeable with a charging station but amazon reviews for the few I looked at mostly say they don't really hold a charge for shit. And I can't find authentic xbox 1 controllers on amazon or I'd get one of those...

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Main thing was I don't want to deal with batteries anymore. I'd get rechargeable with a charging station but amazon reviews for the few I looked at mostly say they don't really hold a charge for shit. And I can't find authentic xbox 1 controllers on amazon or I'd get one of those...

Why not just buy one from Microsoft?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
thats fine but you can use xbox controllers with either bluetooth (controllers made after 2019 work fine over bluetooth) or buy the xbox dongle if your PC doesn't have bluetooth
www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Adapter-Windows-Packaging/dp/B07CJ6GVM8

I use a elite v2 on my PC over bluetooth but also have the dongle in case bluetooth fucks up, but zero issues over the past year. I find wired controllers constantly unplug because microUSB (and even USB-C) is a shit connector, I prefer the charging station which comes with rechargable battery and just use that to recharge when I need, something like this
www.amazon.com/Fosmon-Controller-Charger-Charging-Rechargeable/dp/B077SN7QN3

I have 3 of that controller cradle, have been happy with them. Used Energizer docks previously and they were fine too but got more controllers and had problems finding a replacement, so swapped them out.

100% on board w/ no more batteries. Have had good luck, think my last failure was a play-and-charge battery from my original 360.

Vorph

I went with the rechargable style since I couldn't find any of the ones with a dock that had 2550mAh batteries; 1200 is pretty weak imo. Also because my X1X came with one white and one black controller and it would bug me if the battery covers didn't match. :p

This seemed to be the best deal:
Three batteries so I just keep one in the charger and one in each of the controllers. Charger is nice since it has built-in USB-A and the option for USB-C if you need it (no idea if it affects the charging speed, never bothered to test).

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I went with the rechargable style since I couldn't find any of the ones with a dock that had 2550mAh batteries; 1200 is pretty weak imo. Also because my X1X came with one white and one black controller and it would bug me if the battery covers didn't match. :p

This seemed to be the best deal:
Three batteries so I just keep one in the charger and one in each of the controllers. Charger is nice since it has built-in USB-A and the option for USB-C if you need it (no idea if it affects the charging speed, never bothered to test).

Good compromise, went with something similar for all the Rock Band/Guitar Hero stuff.

Crone

Good compromise, went with something similar for all the Rock Band/Guitar Hero stuff.
Are you getting the band back together? I do that every couple years, and it's a good time for at least a month. Now that my kids are getting a little older I figure he can start playing songs with me too!

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
My kids have never played and have been asking lately, so probably going to be setting everything back up soon. Gotta put all that DLC we've bought over the years to good use on occasion.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Now that Ghost and Carrion are done for I'm back to trying to find something else... this came up on Iron Pineapple's YouTube channel

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Little Big Workshop
Historical low: $11.99 | Last: $11.24 | Best: $11.24
$4.00 (-80%) on Direct2Drive, activates on Steam (Default)

Lowest it's been

• 1Repost

Vorph

Now that Ghost and Carrion are done for I'm back to trying to find something else... this came up on Iron Pineapple's YouTube channel

The other game he sort of liked, Dark Devotion, is free on Twitch Prime now. (And by "now" I mean "today is the last day".)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The other game he sort of liked, Dark Devotion, is free on Twitch Prime now. (And by "now" I mean "today is the last day".)
Just checked and sadly doesn't seem to be available on twitch prime for me.

Vorph

Yeah, looks like the games exiting are replaced in the middle of the day rather than at midnight or whatever. There's two new ones up now.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, looks like the games exiting are replaced in the middle of the day rather than at midnight or whatever. There's two new ones up now.

Well, I blame you for responding so late. Some friend!

On a positive note I noticed that at some point I purchased Hyper Light Drifter and never installed / played it, so started doing that instead!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So just finished up Hyper Light Drifter and I gotta say it was really awesome. Not sure how I missed the boat on it years ago or if it was talked about much here. Wasn't very long, had some fun challenges and exploration. A couple of quirks here and there; timing is way way too tight on chain dashing, some of the animation locks on your combo. But otherwise it was awesome. Very recommend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So just finished up Hyper Light Drifter and I gotta say it was really awesome. Not sure how I missed the boat on it years ago or if it was talked about much here. Wasn't very long, had some fun challenges and exploration. A couple of quirks here and there; timing is way way too tight on chain dashing, some of the animation locks on your combo. But otherwise it was awesome. Very recommend.

Definitely one of my favorite Zelda clones. I wish they had done more with that one.

• 1Like