Steam Deals and Digital Sales

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its incomplete but updated often.

If you like management sims, it looks like the finished product will be pretty good, and there's a lot of content now, but as far as I know its still very "dwarf fortress" ish, which is to say, there is no end game, you play until you lose or get bored.

I haven't played it in awhile and there's been more updates since so there's probably more stuff than I remember, and I know they did a debug pass recently as well.

Of all the "alpha" or whatever games on Steam, Prison Architect and Kerbal Space Program are the most complete, and most well funded, I'd say.

Caliane

I was about to pick up Fable 3 but then I noticed the Games For Windows Live shit. I hate that bastardized, buggy system, there hasn;t been a GFWL game that I have played where I haven't lost save data at some point.
oh right I forgot about that too.
That crap added like 3 hours to even start the fucking game, as I couldn't remember password, and it was giving me all sorts of update shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Definitely stay away from Starforge. They recently updated with a new EULA that you have to agree to to even open the game that says you basically have to accept the game as is, with no guarantee it'll ever be completed and a bunch of other nonsense. Their videos promise way more than they've delivered and now, after selling numerous copies on Steam, they've altered their EULA so they don't have to live up to ANY of the promises in those gameplay videos now.

I bought it months ago and it has had virtually zero content added, very very few updates, and I've seen nothing new added to it to date.

Its a scam as far as I'm concerned at this point.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Definitely stay away from Starforge. They recently updated with a new EULA that you have to agree to to even open the game that says you basically have to accept the game as is, with no guarantee it'll ever be completed and a bunch of other nonsense. Their videos promise way more than they've delivered and now, after selling numerous copies on Steam, they've altered their EULA so they don't have to live up to ANY of the promises in those gameplay videos now.

I bought it months ago and it has had virtually zero content added, very very few updates, and I've seen nothing new added to it to date.

Its a scam as far as I'm concerned at this point.
Yeah, I'm glad I didn't impulse buy this one. A friend of mine did and he just IM'd me saying it was pretty terrible. Yeah, it's alpha, but based on those videos above it doesn't seem they've really progressed much at all.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Underground Hide out is pretty good and fun. Sort of player housing:http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/37884/?
Yeah, that one is a must-have for the obsessive compulsive - having the ability to autosort all your guns and ammo and display them nicely on wall racks, the armor/costume dummies, etc etc. It has a few balance altering options that provide extra convenience, but they are controlled by separate options IIRC.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone tried the Prison Architect game? Looks like it might be fun but don't really want to chance it at ?17
I just picked it up after waiting all week for a sale on it.

If you like indy/sandboxy/build stuff games, it's pretty dope. It looks like it will only get better too. The art direction really works for it, I think.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone give a crap about these summer sale trading cards wanting to trade to complete the set? I've got extras of kerbal and prison architect and need just chivalry and skyrim.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Anyone give a crap about these summer sale trading cards wanting to trade to complete the set? I've got extras of kerbal and prison architect and need just chivalry and skyrim.
I'll give you a Chivalry card for a Kerbal. I'm TwoPint on Steam. No idea what I'm missing, but I'm happy to trade away my duplicates.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the Starforge tip. What a shame. The game design sounds really cool and I was intrigued.
Planet Explorers seem to be further along and a similar type of game. Also an alpha and very far from done but it does have digging and building along with other stuff if I believe some of the videos I've seen.

*edit not really steam sale related

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I'm after a Reus, have Bioshock Infinite, Prison Architect, Tomb Raider and Torchlight 2 for trading

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdfJME1nhGA&html5=1

the series is pretty basic, but Gopher surely knows his shit!
Have to agree, went through the first 6 of his vids and pretty much just followed along....~30 mods later and I have it looking pretty good I think, just need the NMC large pack to come down and I will be done.

Can highly recommend people watch his series but make sure to go to the ultimate edition ones as they are updated slightly.