Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Company of Heroes 2 is on sale, steamstore. Is it worth it? The bombed the online version, right? I played the original CoH, thought it was okay back then.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Company of Heroes 2 is on sale, steamstore. Is it worth it? The bombed the online version, right? I played the original CoH, thought it was okay back then.
No, bought it at launch and while I loved the first one second just felt off and not very fun.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
No, bought it at launch and while I loved the first one second just felt off and not very fun.
Thanks man. I knew something was fishy with this game. They have Band of Brothers footage on steam to sell the expansion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks man. I knew something was fishy with this game. They have Band of Brothers footage on steam to sell the expansion.
THQ started completely whoring themselves out for nickle and dime dlc at the end, and for some reason Relic decided to continue doing this even after THQ folded.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Bioshock Infinite $1 by voting for theJoystick Awardsthrough GMG. Have to download GMGs client and link it to a Steam account.Terms & Conditionsstate that they have the right to pull back the game if you unlink the steam account within 30 days. Shit seems kinda annoying, but regardless, its a great game for $1.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll second Enslaved. Gorgeous game, cool setting, fun characters. $5 is a steal.

Down side (for some) is that it is very linear.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They've literally sucked since Medieval 2.

Its unfortunate but true. I used to love the Total War franchise.

At this point I'm completely meh on it.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Warhammer something, yay, shelled $15, aaaaaaand it's a worthless high res map. Bah!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They've literally sucked since Medieval 2.

Its unfortunate but true. I used to love the Total War franchise.

At this point I'm completely meh on it.
So much this. They had something amazing going starting with Shogun and then completely blew me away with the first Rome. Medieval 2 is where the franchised peaked and it was amazing. Lots of unit/nation diversity, pretty fun campaign map, etc.

It all went to shit with the release of Empire. Homogenized units, nations that essentially just amounted to "choose your flag color", and naval warfare that was slower than watching old people fuck. I thought they might have turned the corner a bit when I saw the new battle system with Shogun 2 (seriously, the way units clash/fight in that game is about as historically accurate as you're going to get to "real" battles in a video game), but they had to fuck it up by adding a bunch of extraneous shit like general leveling, the town building/branches/ etc. Then, they followed it up with a shittastic release in Rome 2, which had the same extraneous bullshit, plus bugs galore. A friend of mine says they fixed it with the expansion (which, they usually seem to do - the original release seems almost like their beta at this point), but by that point, most people couldn't care less. It has been this way since Empire and I haven't touched a release of theirs on "release day" since. Shogun 2 and Rome 2 were both "wait and see" with me. Shogun 2 I ended up getting on a winter sale, so it only cost me 15$, but I still have yet to purchase Rome 2. I'll be taking the same approach with their Warhammer game, but I'm betting it'll also have its fair share of issues.