Steam Deals and Digital Sales

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Nothing screams buy me but have been wanting to get Endless Legend, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Darkest Dungeon so may just go ahead and do it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
My wishlist is 100 items and I mayyyyyyyyyyybbbeee will get 4-5 of them, and that mostly because of gift card money I got. Almost definitely getting Talos Principle, Dungeon Warfare, Satellite Reign, and Just Get Through, but all those are at historic lows anyway.
I don't think there are even 100 PC games in existence I'd want to play o_O

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally picked up Project Zomboid. Played it years ago. Keys were tricky and the overall learning curve was kind of shitty starting new. Now it's much better and there is a tutorial. PM if you want to play.

spronk

FPS noob
since its not really super obvious at all, you can get 3 trading cards every day by exploring your discovery queue (on the main steam page) and every $10 in purchases gets you 1 more card. you can sell the cards or make a badge i guess. have to be steam level 5 or higher tho

i had a 50% coupon for talos principle from one of the humble bundles, so using that dropped talos to $4.99 (no dlc though). only purchase i've made so far

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Chivarly for 2.49 is awesome, great game, steep learning curve but great game if you can handle getting your ass kicked for the first 8 hours or so.

spronk

FPS noob
indiegala is 50% off all bundles, buy em all and get like 100 games for $10 or less. most are crap, but, well, i guess thats it. click on each bundle tab - basics bundle, adventurer, misc, friday, hump, etc and buy individually, can't buy em all in one go
https://www.indiegala.com/

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TW3 >>>>>>> DA:I >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SoM

That said, you're comparing two action-y RPGs to a cross between Batman and Assassin's Creed set in Middle Earth.

Sulrn

Deuces
Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor, or Dragon Age? Haven't really played anything major in the past year or so.
TW3 >>>>>>> DA:I >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SoM
W3 -> DA:I ->SoM, like Vorph said.

SoM is a better experience than DA:I once you unlock the game play, but it's more of a proof of concept than an actual game and it's 3/4ths of the way over by the time you unlock the core game. For that hour or so though, it's pretty fun and can lead to quite a few oh shit moments. The Bright Lord Expansion is already pretty cool by completely changing the game play, but is only like an 1.5-2 additional hours. You'll get way more play time out of W3 and DA:I (even though a lot of DA:I is pretty bland - expansions aren't worth it at all unless you're getting a decent bundle deal $20 Goty edition or something).

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
All three of those are very entertaining. Witcher gets my vote for GOTY by a long shot(even if all 3 were the same year), but I enjoyed DA:I a little more.

The nemesis system in mordor is so unique-I want that in every rpg.

Anyways, the reason I came in here- is there a way to filter out the horde of shitty indie games or jRPGs from steam? I know some people love them for the nostalgia or androgenyous leads or whatever, but I can't stand them. If I'm going to support a small studio, if rather aim for something like path of exile.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The Mordor stuff really made me excited for what the systems could actually become. The game was great as is but there seems like a lot of potential there for the crossing of Batman and AC, and nemesis stuff.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
So apparently there's two releases of Dark Souls II, a friend had DS2 on his wish list but owned the upgraded DX11 version which apparently doesn't display as owning Dark Souls II. My mistake and FROM Software's shitty business practices are your gain, toss me a PM with your email address first one to do so gets it. This is NOT the 64 bit/graphics updated release however it does contain the following:

DARK SOULST II
DARK SOULST II Crown of the Ivory King
DARK SOULST II Crown of the Old Iron King
DARK SOULST II Crown of the Sunken King

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you want to preorder some of the big games releasing soonish, GMG is running a -25% voucher on preorder on a selection of big titles, XCOM2, SFV, Deus Ex, Farcry Primal, Total Warhammer, Battleborne, Hitman, Mighty N?9, Resident Evil 0 HD and Dragon's Dogma.

Most Anticipated Games of 2016

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So apparently there's two releases of Dark Souls II, a friend had DS2 on his wish list but owned the upgraded DX11 version which apparently doesn't display as owning Dark Souls II. My mistake and FROM Software's shitty business practices are your gain, toss me a PM with your email address first one to do so gets it. This is NOT the 64 bit/graphics updated release however it does contain the following:

DARK SOULST II
DARK SOULST II Crown of the Ivory King
DARK SOULST II Crown of the Old Iron King
DARK SOULST II Crown of the Sunken King
So you didn't get the updated version, scholar of the first sin?

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
So you didn't get the updated version, scholar of the first sin?
Haha, I kinda felt like the post was a bit redundant but hey better to be clear :p I don't have much of a desire to play the series I've watched my friend play it and die repeatedly just doesn't interest me. Figured the scholar of the first sin was just another DLC for the main game, how wrong I was (probably should have read.)

Found it interesting that the developers/publisher gave it a graphics overhaul but then left the existing player base stranded having to buy a new copy of the same game for a graphics facelift without being able to play online with the 32bit older the older version.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I didn't care for Dragon Age, I get bummed every time I hear people talk about how much they love it because I really wanted too and I'm the only person in the world that didn't.

So Assassins Creed Franchise sis on sale. I've only ever played Black Flag which I loved. I hear Rouge is a lot like it in terms of ship stuff and what not so I want to pick it up. I heard Unity was okay after it was fixed but I've not heard too much more regarding that. I'll pick up Freedom Cry for sure because its Adewale short squeal story...

Was 3 or Liberation any good?

I'm debating on Syndicate as it's $36....but I feel like if I pick up 1 or more of the others I can wait for it to be on sale cheaper.