Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Uplay is the worst.
frown.png
Every so often I can't play Rocksmith2014 because uplay decides it isn't in the mood for authentication right now

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
not a sale but a really interesting read from a dev on how shit went wrong with a new indie title, really gets deep into the financials of indie pc development. x-post if you can to the dev/serious forums, i don't really go into those sub forums. if you ever wanted to make your own indie game, probably worth a read
Great work on Starward Rogue, team! Now you? | Arcen Games
Anyone know what the big steam store change in 2015 that hurt them that they keep referencing is? I read the article and some of the comments but maybe I somehow missed the explanation.

spronk

FPS noob
probably the change in how sales went, it used to be rolling massive discounts on certain gamers for 24-48h and those games sold a TON. then in fall they changed to 2 week sales, publishers were more conservative so I imagine most people stopped caring. could also be talking about the 2 hour refund window they implemented, but i doubt it

chinese new year sale on steam now, ironically I spent more today than I did the entire steam winter sale. bought alien isolation ($14.99 for GOTY with all dlc) and some older x-coms

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It may be the refund policy. I've read a couple of articles with developers saying games started getting returned like crazy after that policy and it was killing them. I think it's a pretty fair policy, if a game fails to capture your interest or is a buggy pile, why shouldn't you be able to return it? Getting burned on shitty games sucks.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm in the mood for some good old Tower Defense. Any good TD games on Steam these days?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do you own Defense Grid?

Also as a game a touche more niche and not exactly TD but Creeper World 3 is very good. I believe a Flash version exists if you want to dick around with it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nope don't own Defense Grid. Don't have any TD games on Steam at all.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dungeon Warfare, Defender's Quest are both really good. I actually haven't finish Dungeon Warfare because it gets fricking brutal.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Kingdom rush is my favorite TD. It has a really good steam port. Bluestacks is great for playing the android sequels full screen on your pc too. Plants vs Zombies is also pretty fun but very easy.

I also second Defenders quest as being good.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I really loved Deathtrap. It's a little different in that you play a character while doing the TD stuff and there are some other elements that are not classic TD, so it may not be your thing. I also really enjoyed the aesthetic so that helped.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What was that other FPS Tower Defense? Sanctum or something? Don't get that one, it wasn't great.