Steam Deals and Digital Sales

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't ever played the Assassin's Creed game but saw that they were on christmas sales across the board, is there a particularly good place to start? I saw comments here and there about some which were garbage, and others witch everyone loved pretty much across the board but it's been a while

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition - 60% off @ $24. I sort of like space sims and the price seems right. Very, very tempted.

You can definitely get a hundred hours out of Elite Dangerous if you are into space sims. It's sadly not deep enough to go much longer unless you can get look past the repetition.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Haven't ever played the Assassin's Creed game but saw that they were on christmas sales across the board, is there a particularly good place to start? I saw comments here and there about some which were garbage, and others witch everyone loved pretty much across the board but it's been a while

Black Flag was awesome, but I don't really like any of the others so my opinion may not match up with those that like the series.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Black flag was the best of the ones I've played, but I haven't played any since then. 1 was decent but repetitive, the 3 Ezio games were good but the 3rd was a bit meh. Skip 3 as Connor was insufferable.

Cruising around singing shanties and plundering fools was lots of fun in Black Flag though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So far I purchased and almost beat Hellblade (I think). It's very existentialist and has some great production qualities. Super immersive game and must be played with headphones. The puzzles are fun enough and combat is decent, although very repetitive. Good story telling and lots of Norse mythology I didn't know (and I know a lot... I played Midgard Merlin back in the day).

Still have yet to fire up Tomb Raider but it's a no brainer on how good that game is going to be. The only one I wasn't totally sold on so far was Vanquish, but its super cheap so I can't go wrong right?

Oldbased

> Than U
I bought Force of Nature for $4 which is what is worth. Neat little game. Sad it forces you to grind specific stuff to level instead of as you choose.
Given the hundreds of hours I put into Fallout Shelter/This War of Mine/Sheltered I'm sure I would love Rimworld but damn $30 is a lot for me atm, the only reason I am considering it is most games I've been playing, people have 10-80 hours played in reviews. In Rimworld it is 400-1000 hours played.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ubisoft was giving away black flag (AC4). Not sure if it's still available

Rime

<Donor>
I bought Force of Nature for $4 which is what is worth. Neat little game. Sad it forces you to grind specific stuff to level instead of as you choose.
Given the hundreds of hours I put into Fallout Shelter/This War of Mine/Sheltered I'm sure I would love Rimworld but damn $30 is a lot for me atm, the only reason I am considering it is most games I've been playing, people have 10-80 hours played in reviews. In Rimworld it is 400-1000 hours played.

Those people are the 'casual' Rimworld players.

I would honestly say, unless you are playing with plenty of 'Super Easy Victory' mods, you are still a newb in Rimworld until 200+ hours. Game is dense and insane.

• 1Like

none

Blackwing Lair Raider
Those people are the 'casual' Rimworld players.

I would honestly say, unless you are playing with plenty of 'Super Easy Victory' mods, you are still a newb in Rimworld until 200+ hours. Game is dense and insane.
Picked up Rimworld after ready the thread here. Great game. Super customizable. Mod community is great. Even at $30 its well worth it given the hours you will get. You will LOL at what the game throws at you, ex. one of my pawns became addicted to yayo and smokeleaf, wigged out and attacked another pawn, then gets shot in the face and dies a horrible death. Good times...

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I picked up all the chapters of Life is Strange for 75% off, but could only find it through Steam Sales · US and not the steam app on my PC at all. But loving it so far.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Steam Link is $5. Never really wanted one at $50 but with that steep discount well see if I like it in my house.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Honestly I think it's great. I used it for playing shovel Knight and South Park in my living room and it was awesome. Probably wouldn't play anything graphically demanding but maybe it can handle it??

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Honestly I think it's great. I used it for playing shovel Knight and South Park in my living room and it was awesome. Probably wouldn't play anything graphically demanding but maybe it can handle it??

Depends on your connection, I played W3 fine @1440 with a wired connection.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Check the shipping though, the device itself came up as 5 bucks but the shipping for me was 8 bucks.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Nah, checked that as well. Its down to like 30 bucks. So even with free shipping the Steam deal would be cheaper.

Its just worth mentioning since we're all so used to Prime free shipping, that suddenly a $5 purchase jumped up to 13 bucks for me.