Steam Deals and Digital Sales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is $10 on Steam finally, after every other platform did it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
For the King is a great game. Very underrated.
Tried it and just did not click for me. I think having the characters traveling independently is what threw me more than anything.

Druidstone is enjoyable, however, if you are a Final Fantasy Tactics / Ogre Battle sort of person. Its pretty easy to totally fuck yourself with bad choices though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
Black Desert Online is again free on Steam, so you have another chance if you somehow missed it earlier.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

Drinking this day of the lord, and this caught my eye, I have vague memories of Defcon being fun. Booze & Nukes, why not?

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The latest Humble Choice

1614760220455.png

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Control... does anyone actually like this game? If you went by all the awards, accolades, and critic reviews, it is the best thing ever. I am completely underwhelmed and unimpressed by the whole thing. I downloaded it for free on Game Pass and I was bored to tears. Their aesthetic choices and atmosphere really didn't resonate with me in any way.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i platinum'd the game on PS5 last month and really enjoyed it, but i loved the X-Files and it reminded me a lot of that. I just loved the creepy vibes. Most of the story / world building depends on you picking up notes and recordings and reading and listening to all that shit, so if you hate that kinda stuff the game will be crap. I love that "MMO world" sorta vibe.

Its super lame though that the humble bundle only includes the base game, the DLCs aren't bad at all. Not super long, like 2-3 hours each but new levels and maps and bosses and weapons.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Control... does anyone actually like this game? If you went by all the awards, accolades, and critic reviews, it is the best thing ever. I am completely underwhelmed and unimpressed by the whole thing. I downloaded it for free on Game Pass and I was bored to tears. Their aesthetic choices and atmosphere really didn't resonate with me in any way.

I played it for a little bit and refunded it. If they spent as much money on the game as they did buying reviews, it would have been stellar.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
It got the same treatment as "The Medium". Strong female protagonist = 9/10 GOTY Material.

In case you guys haven't seen, Surviving Mars is going to be free on Epic Store Mar 11-18, neat little colony/building sim (though its already on XBOX pass).

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
From my memory most of us here enjoyed Control. Some a little more (myself) and others a little less. Maybe the review sites had something to say about there being a female lead but I don’t recall it being a focus here. For positive or negative. I really enjoyed the atmosphere about what all was going on. It played heavily in to the Warehouse 13 and other type shows. Never did get to play it in RTX or DLSS or anything though. Need to revisit it if I ever get a new graphics card.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It got the same treatment as "The Medium". Strong female protagonist = 9/10 GOTY Material.
Uh, what? Medium is sitting at a 75 on OpenCritic with only 62% recommended. Even SJW shithole sites didn't like it much, and complained about the same issues everyone else did (boring as fuck, not scary in the slightest, cliched story, and shitty performance on both Xbox and PC).

Control deserved every bit of its praise from both critics and gamers. It's easily Remedy's best game, especially if you're already a big fan of Alan Wake and Quantum Break and enjoy TV shows like X-Files.

• 2Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Ya, it was a refreshing change from the AAA stuff on the market in the last 18 months. Totally inside a building, no idea what's going on or why. Unique Vibe.

may of us played it blind before the hype began, the hype after release when people started explaining how much they liked it, as apposed to a concentrated marketing campaign.

I admit it took me a while to appreciate the setting.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so high me got the buy one get 3 gifts deal

any good?
I enjoyed it for a bit a couple years back, beating it and seeing a couple of the rare/random events. I quit enjoying it as the dev made it clear he was riding this one title for as long as he can. Wildly changing formulas and balance every couple of months "to keep it fresh", more and more 1 in 15 playthroughs events. level after level of "again from the beginning, but now everything but you is 10% stronger" NewGame+++++ modes.

If you're fast enough to beat the game between rebalancings, if you enjoy playing through rebalancings, or if you're the type
That
Just
Keeps
Playing
Diablo/POE/w-e
again and again

you will enjoy whatever the fuck this game has become.

• 2Like