Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Fell Seal is the best and closest sequel to final fantasy tactics available.

Unfortunately I missed the $10 sale on Fell Seal. Really want to play a Tactics game so I got it at $40 (with the DLC). Couple questions: Was the DLC worth getting? Is it worth playing? Is it an add-on / expansion or does it just add things to the base game?

About to start the game in the next couple days.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unfortunately I missed the $10 sale on Fell Seal. Really want to play a Tactics game so I got it at $40 (with the DLC). Couple questions: Was the DLC worth getting? Is it worth playing? Is it an add-on / expansion or does it just add things to the base game?

The DLC adds: monster taming, missions (real-time/background tasks), hunts & large battles (special boss fights discovered by doing missions, good rewards), three new classes (samurai, wrangler, beastmaster) and a bunch of new gear (especially stuff you get for beating hunts/large battles).

It doesn't actually expand upon the campaign, but it's definitely worth having and using.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Yes it’s worth it. Adds missions which is great because you can level characters that you aren’t actively playing by sending them on missions. So you don’t sorely outlevel yourself and don’t have to grind to catch them up. It also adds monsters as playable characters, some of which are really strong. It’s kind of difficult to keep an entire roster of humans and monsters active so that portion of it would probably be best used as having a second play through using all monsters or something.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The DLC adds: monster taming, missions (real-time/background tasks), hunts & large battles (special boss fights discovered by doing missions, good rewards), three new classes (samurai, wrangler, beastmaster) and a bunch of new gear (especially stuff you get for beating hunts/large battles).

It doesn't actually expand upon the campaign, but it's definitely worth having and using.
Shit, now I want the DLC

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Shit, now I want the DLC
I was very pleased with the DLC. A lot of DLC is small, doesn’t change the game much or at all. This one did quite a bit, improved an already great game.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just want Final Fantasy Tactics 2
This is probably the closest thing we will ever get to that. It’s the only game other than Tactics Ogre that felt like FFT to me.

If square made FFT2 it would be some weird action bullshit with no classes and characters that make you want to kill yourself every time they talk. You’d have to watch three movies and read a comic series to understand the story too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I thought I got a decent ways in, but then I got distracted by other games.

But fuck those mobs that drown you LOL

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I thought I got a decent ways in, but then I got distracted by other games.

But fuck those mobs that drown you LOL
Drown some back. It’s satisfying. Like flipping mobs into spike pits in Urtuk. I love it.

Xerge

<Donor>
on a pixel kick lately while dealing with mmo burnout, grabbed Chronicon too
edit: it's not on sale but w/e

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First come, First serve.

N9NGL-L9I08-RFHIV
GKZDB-2NFR9-ZG5X4

EHRDM-592GD-5JBLP
ZLAD5-PTAEC-EEBQ2

Edit: all gone.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Thanks for that, got a weakness for the 4x games, but quickly get bored after a single playthrough usually, Alexander wept and all that. Keep missing sales, this was a good deal for the lot.

How good is Stellaris without any of the DLC? I'm willing to dip my toe in for $1.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How good is Stellaris without any of the DLC? I'm willing to dip my toe in for $1.

It's easily worth a dollar, if you like 4x or strategy games at all. I think they fixed any issues the base game had at release and you might be able to play some of the huge mods, like Star Trek w/o any DLC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users