Steam Deals and Digital Sales

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I love the original BioShock but Infinite was the most disappointing game of the year for me. The first 30 minutes or so were amazing then it became a complete, linear-as-shit bore for me. For sub $10 it'd be worth a try I guess, some people still loved it.

Steam is back.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
While Left 4 Dead 2 has Steam brokenperuse this listof awesome Amazon sales, many of which redeem on Steam. PC gaming has completely broken my idea of what a normal priced game is. Castle of Illusion and Duck Tales are super cheap, Colonial Marines is the price of a 20 oz which is still too much, and an awesome deal on Tomb Raider starts tomorrow. Also, I hear that Call of Juarez spin off game is really damn good ($5 on Amazon right now) which is funny because the full retail releases were junk. Merry shopping.
If there's a game you find here cheap you're interested in, check greenmangaming.com as well, they might have it for the same price. Only difference is that they have a code for 20% off that stacks with it (works on DuckTales for example). Voucher code is GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Probably because of the L4D2 giveaway. Rather than just give everyone a code for it, they require that you download it, which was dumb on their part. So you have probably millions of people downloading the game right now which is destroying their servers. Or maybe they wanted to stress test their servers so that did it on purpose...

gogojira_sl

shitlord
If there's a game you find here cheap you're interested in, check greenmangaming.com as well, they might have it for the same price. Only difference is that they have a code for 20% off that stacks with it (works on DuckTales for example). Voucher code is GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49
I bought from GMG plenty in the past but for some reason the past two games I purchased from them flagged my damn card company. They put a hold on my card each time and I had to order new ones which was annoying enough to stop shopping there.

Sucks because that site is great.

Fogia_sl

shitlord
Probably because of the L4D2 giveaway. Rather than just give everyone a code for it, they require that you download it, which was dumb on their part. So you have probably millions of people downloading the game right now which is destroying their servers. Or maybe they wanted to stress test their servers so that did it on purpose...
If you just give everyone codes, that means only active customers will get one. I'm assuming the point here is to incite people to register to/install Steam today, which means new/returning customers who are likely to spend money during this Christmas sell, and obviously in the long run.
It's well played from a business point of view. Too bad their servers couldn't handle it. This may actually bite them in the ass if they don't sort this out ASAP since it is impacting basic/critical stuff like store page, download, etc ... which is quite puzzling TBH.

Edit 2 minutes later: Seems its back
smile.png

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I bought from GMG plenty in the past but for some reason the past two games I purchased from them flagged my damn card company. They put a hold on my card each time and I had to order new ones which was annoying enough to stop shopping there.

Yeah, its based out of the US, so it has issues sometimes. I just use paypal for GMG and no problems at all since then.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Been trying to buy a flash sale game for the past 5 hours. Keeps timing out before finishing the sale. Starting to get frustrating since the flash sale resets soon.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone seen any Xbox Live gold cards on sale?

Looking to get one for brother in law, but don't want to pay normal price. Missed all the ones around Black Friday.
frown.png

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Been trying to buy a flash sale game for the past 5 hours. Keeps timing out before finishing the sale. Starting to get frustrating since the flash sale resets soon.
I just got in before the time deadline... was about six hours for me.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider

GMG occasionally gets flagged as a gambling site, presumably because of the fact that "gaming" is in its name and the fact that it's based overseas. I had it happen to me the first time I bought something there, but fortunately, I haven't had a problem since.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Weak. I'll just take Kaige's advice.

Fable: The Lost Chaptersis a buck and you get a $5 gift card in return (credit distributed on January 3). I'm a cheap ass so paying a buck to get five sounds OK to me.

Edit: Also, vote Guacamelee for the next community choice. I've wanted that game for a while.