Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
you want this shit for 99 cents
Save 80% on Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death on Steam

In Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, you play as Marlow Briggs, a black tribal Aztec Jedi warrior accompanied by Aku Aku who makes an amazing Darksiders and God of War impersonation. You fight the Asian menace to rescue your Hispanic girlfriend.

rrr_img_2300.gif

Marlo would buy that shit for $0.99

BTW Blue team FTL! 5th place!

spronk

FPS noob
Marlo would buy that shit for $0.99

BTW Blue team FTL! 5th place!
89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

LJS0CH0.png

the funny thing is the team shit has basically no affect at all, 30 random winners from the winning team get 3 free games every day but your odds of winning are insanely low (like... 5 million people per team?)

still people are spending a shit load of money to advance their team. Valve is fucking BRILLIANT.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's team-swap tokens you randomly get for crafting the summer adventure cards. The purple team ones were going for $20-30 at one point. Supposedly a bunch of the high-level Steam peeps were conniving to all swap to purple too but it doesn't seem to have solidified anything. I would be shocked if each team doesn't win at least once, Valve contests always seem slightly tippy.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
For some reason I could never get into Red Dead Redemption. Wasn't in the right frame of mind I guess to figure out an RPG. Does this at all compare?
I actually never got to play RDR unfortunately. Amzin covered it pretty well. There is really not much RPG to it other than selecting special powers/focus when you level up. Its like playing a spaghetti western.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Picked up Papers Please last night as that sounds different enough for me to try it, plus it's gotten good word of mouth. I'm looking at Bioshock Infinite but I think I'll wait till it hits a daily sale.

I'm amazed people are spending shitloads of money on cards.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
SOB Black Flag on Flash Sale, maybe that is good news for the others.

edit: also wouldn't mind seeing Wolf Among Us go on sale as I missed it last time and have heard good things.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Picked up Papers Please last night as that sounds different enough for me to try it, plus it's gotten good word of mouth. I'm looking at Bioshock Infinite but I think I'll wait till it hits a daily sale.

I'm amazed people are spending shitloads of money on cards.
From what I remember from past sales, all of the discounted sale prices (i.e. Daily, Community Choice, Flash) are the same so you've got 3 and a half hours from the time I post this to pick it up. I don't think it will go lower than 75% off. Odds are that it will be a Daily sale at some point but it won't be less than the current flash sale price.

spronk

FPS noob
if you need more steam levels or just want achievements/trading cards, you can try using steam achievement manager. basically lets you idle in games (even uninstalled ones) without consuming any cpu/gpu, also lets you earn trading cards. not really sure how steam levels work but i assume its based on all that stuff
Steam Achievement Manager

of course it is technically cheating so may not be a good idea either, especially for those with hundreds of dollars of games in their steam account

not really sure if just running it to idle games is considered as bad as turning achievements on/off

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've played and beaten the base version of Skyrim. Is it worth picking up Legendary edition for $13.50 to get all the DLC?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was actually wondering the same thing. I never bought Skyrim in the first place though. I'm that guy.

Also curious about 7 Days to Die and Banished. They've both piqued my interest, but don't know shit about either.

Caliane

I don't think banished is worth it.

Not enough game there. (fun enough for what is there. but not at that price point.)
1.99-2.99 game, not 10 or $20.

Other base building games are much better. Gnomoria, dwarf fortress are the front runners probably.
Startopia maybe.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Is 50% off on Borderlands 2 as good as it gets?

Or is 60% off Borderlands 2 GotY the best?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I was actually wondering the same thing. I never bought Skyrim in the first place though. I'm that guy.

Also curious about 7 Days to Die and Banished. They've both piqued my interest, but don't know shit about either.
The DLC is great, Dragonborn is a must buy, it's little Morrowind where you get to see dimension of certain daedric prince. Dawnguard is alright and the home building one is quite nice.

Borderlands 2 GOTY is 60% off till the end, so I'm waiting to see whether it goes lower or not.