Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Anyone else have problems playing games not on Steam? Honestly are tons of games I would love to pirate and play but to hell with that if I can't have Steams achievements and game time tracking. Lol

Quite the amazing Eco-system they have created.
Yeah same here. And with Summer Sales, Flash Sales, etc. it is more of a hassle to pirate stuff than just pay $5-$10 bucks.

With the achieves, badges, trading cards, and steam level it also gives a sort sense of permanence to completing games. If you pirate something then play it in a vacuum it definitely doesn't give you that ...

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally picked up portal 2. I wonder if they are going to repeat sales tomorrow I can't remember that they did it during the winter sale.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
One thing I discovered recently is if the game on sale can be bought as a package, then usually the package is also on sale, and each individual game in the pack can be bought for the sale price.

For example, currently Max Payne 3 is on flash sale. But if you click on it, you see the package of all games is on sale. Click the package info, and you see that Max Payne 1 and 2 are also 75% off (the flash sale price). Same thing with GTA. Sale shows GTA4 80% off, and you click the package, you can get every other GTA game also 80% off.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, usually any other previous games in the series get a big discount when the latest is on Flash or Daily.

spronk

FPS noob
get dust elysian tail if you don't have it already, very good looking platform-y rpg that is fun

if you know any chicks who kinda like to play video games you may wanna get broken sword trilogy, 66% off ($3). they are basic point n click adventures, good graphics and voiced but easy puzzles and a LOT of clicking/talking. probably better on the tablets/phones its on but cheap on pc. doubt a guy would like the games much. 2 more after but they will be cheaper in the future no point in getting em all

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why but I am extremely tempted on that Goat Simulator. Head butting random people sounds pretty fun.

spronk

FPS noob
cant call yourself a real gamer if you don't own goat simulator, aka greatest of all time simulator

spronk

FPS noob
dang

You have spent approximately $73.89 USD in the store since the sale began.

every year i think the steam sale sucks but i end up spending money on games i never play. my digital legacy

Crone

I feel like I should pick up Brothers and Farcry 3 before the sale is over, but really have no reason why I feel I should. More games to add to the list of ones I never play? haha

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I bought Payday 2. Which is cool, but after reading about it, apparently there is no cheat protection. Ergo, like every other game I join has someone who can / does teleport from the objective back to the van, instantly open safes, etcetera. It's a PvE game with a local save, with these hacks, you can automatically add gold and levels anyway...so, even for these cheaters to bother joining games and automatically winning them in a minute is rather ludicrously pointless.

Vaclav

Glad to see the vote that missed for Divinity ended up coming through on the last day sales - looks so good but couldn't justify the full $40 on it and really want it for release date tomorrow.

Note: For people that don't have XCom: EU and are looking to get it (just grabbed the expac for the PC finally - did it on console but wife hates the console controls for it) - apparently the deal on XCom: EU + Bureau actually ends up giving Bureau away for free. It's short and not that good, but still free is free right? (Actually once I click off the front page it's actually listing EU alone as more - front page says $8.49 - and bundle with Bureau is $8.49 - but on the actual buy page it's $9.89 without the Bureau - probably get fixed to $8.49 later though)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition worth it?
If you like dynasty warriors I would say so, they added a mode where you build your city up using RPG elements so much to do outside of the slaughter it is overwhelming at times.