Steam Deals and Digital Sales

SheepDog_sl

shitlord
I bought Super Meat Boy. It seems fun, so far.

How about Sleeping dogs or any of the Space Marine games? I've read a couple of war40k books and am familiar with the universe. Are either of those games any good?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
X-Com on sale for 34.99... has been consistently cheaper on Amazon and GMG for as low as 19.99. If you still haven't bought it and can hold out, don't bite on the Steam sale

Rime

<Donor>
FTL is on sale for $5. Well worth it at full price, a steal at the sale price.

Base game is fun, if frustrating, permanent death and all of that, with lots of random events (many of which are not at all 'fair'), but also a very healthy modding scene that has everything from original/famous ships (Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG, etc) to 'endless' modes and revamped races.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't matter. In fact, the game is MUCH better than the TV Show in my opinion. You may be disapointed with the TV series after playing this.
Have you only played the first 2 episodes?

Because I don't wanna ruin the game for everyone who's excited to play it, but we were all very excited about the first couple episodes, and then some glaring flaws started to show up in the later episodes that left us all feeling basically the same way the TV show makes us feel.

Haka

N00b
+1 for Faster than Light. It's awesome to pop on and play a quick 1-2 hour run through every so often.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
which is the popular CS game that everyone plays? Source? is it worth getting the newest one?

spronk

FPS noob
I've been playing the PC port of sleeping dogs for the past week, its great with a wireless xbox controller, no idea how key/mouse is. Port is fantastic, graphics are amazing. It pretty much is GTA/SaintsRow (without the crazyness) in Hong Kong, the car stuff isn't as good so its more mission and combat focused, with a bigger emphasis on hand to hand vs guns.

If you haven't played SR3/GTA4 play those first. I enjoy asian/HK action movies so Sleeping Dogs is great. If you've ever been to Hong Kong, its a great recreation of the city too. I snagged it on amazon I think a few weeks ago for $12, its $5 more on steam right now.

Worst winter steam sales so far, I don't think I have bought a single thing
frown.png
The humble bundle stuff really sucked up a lot of items in the past, but I wish they'd go deeper sales on stuff like Borderlands2 or AC3 or Skyrim. 30-40% off is a sucky sale.

LANoire for PC is another great port and great game, defnly worth the $5 on steam right now.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
FTL is on sale for $5. Well worth it at full price, a steal at the sale price.

Base game is fun, if frustrating, permanent death and all of that, with lots of random events (many of which are not at all 'fair'), but also a very healthy modding scene that has everything from original/famous ships (Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG, etc) to 'endless' modes and revamped races.
Didn't know about the mod scene for this, thanks.

guys, please vote Dead Space 2
huehuehue.
Tits?

Also, Binding of Isaac is $1.24 if you dont have that for some reason, get it.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Have you only played the first 2 episodes?

Because I don't wanna ruin the game for everyone who's excited to play it, but we were all very excited about the first couple episodes, and then some glaring flaws started to show up in the later episodes that left us all feeling basically the same way the TV show makes us feel.
Yeah I played through all 5. I loved them all though. Not sure about the glaring flaws. Could you elaborate in spoilers? Maybe I didn't see them.

I was mostly talking about the atmosphere and voice acting and I thought the plot line was extremely well done. I do think that episode two was the best of the 5 though.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I played through all 5. I loved them all though. Not sure about the glaring flaws. Could you elaborate in spoilers? Maybe I didn't see them.

I was mostly talking about the atmosphere and voice acting and I thought the plot line was extremely well done. I do think that episode two was the best of the 5 though.
The atmosphere is great, and the choices you have to make are sometimes pretty gutwrenching, but the flaws are that nothing you do makes any difference in the game. For example, if you save Carly over the fat guy, she just dies anyway when Lily kills her outside the RV. It gives you the illusion that you have a choice, but you really don't. There's no way to keep Lily, no matter how nice you are to her. There's no way to make Larry not be a dick to you. They are written that way, and it's built to lead you to believe that you have some choice, but you don't.

Sean_sl

shitlord

Well, the problem with 3-5 is that your choices start to become completely irrelevant and it largely becomes "Press A to continue the movie" rather than being a good adventure game. Frankly I don't know how this series got GoTY awards and it doesn't begin to compare to real adventure games like Monkey Island or King's Quest. The puzzles become extremely sparse and unimaginative (it was light on them to begin with) and it feels more like watching one long movie than actually playing something. It's not that great of an experience in the end.

If you're going to make my choices completely irrelevant in something like this then it needs to have actual video game stuff that's fun to play and solve.

I had a hell of a lot more fun with Deponia, which I just picked up off Steam for 5 bucks, which is far more like a good LucasArts adventure.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it ALL the DLC? I played one extra case through whatever DLC I got for buying it from Amazon when it first came out and it was easily an extra hour or so.

I can't speak for the PC port because I played it on xbox, but it was a great game and for that price definitely worth it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Don't forget that the Humble Indie Bundle 7 is still going.https://www.humblebundle.com/

Pay what you want and get:

Snapshot
Closure
Binding of Isaac (+ DLC)
Indie Game: The Movie
Shank 2

If you pay more than the average, you get these as well:

Dungeon Defenders (+ DLC)
Legend of Grimrock
The Basement Collection
Offspring Fling
CaveStory+

Honestly, those altogether are a great set of games.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Is it ALL the DLC? I played one extra case through whatever DLC I got for buying it from Amazon when it first came out and it was easily an extra hour or so.

I can't speak for the PC port because I played it on xbox, but it was a great game and for that price definitely worth it.
Yeah It'd be 5 extra cases + some cosmetic items for 7.50 on LA Noire.

spronk

FPS noob
dlcs not worth $7.50 especially if game is only $5, I think I played all the dlcs but don't remember anything about em. The base game is really the more interesting part, although the guys at south park do make a good point...