Steam deck portable handheld gaming PC from Valve

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
As expected, gov is paying me to play this 8 hours a day. Wish EU4 was more compatible with it. Maybe just 7.5 when you subtract my phone time. Had to do some training the other day, and just logged into the "teams" meeting, hit mute and almost missed when it was time to clock out. I hope I looked like I was masturbating all day to the other people on the call, and sure hope they didn't ask any questions.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So looking around for accessories and the Matte White DBrand Skin caught my eye, but holy fuck that installation seems tedious. Funny how I look at that task and I am like no fucking way, meanwhile I love the focus and challenge of painting minis. Weird how that works.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
neat, 360 games are closer and closer to 100% parity with xenia

the 3DS emulator under emudeck is also extremely good, played a few mins of Luigi's Mansion last night

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just got the email to order mine. I had preordered all the extras, so now it is on its way.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
SOmehow despite manually entering my new address and thought I updated it w/ paypal, my deckmate went to colorado. woooo

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i ended up ordering a different carrying case, the one that comes with the 512gb is decent but its fucking lame it has no place for the charger, extra microSD cards, or bluetooth or battery bank. I bought this one for $20

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09STVV9M8/

should be here tomorrow. I only have two microSD cards, one 512gb with all my games and emu ROMs (and emudeck is installed on it) and another with windows 11 on it I can boot into for 100% compat mode, gamepass, epic games, GoG, etc.

spronk

FPS noob
also if you don't know you can install Steam Link on your desktop PC and "remote control" your deck, works in big picture (regular deck) mode or desktop mode

turn that on and you can remote control your deck. Add a shortcut on your desktop and add "--windowed" to the shortcut and it'll run in windowed mode instead of annoying ass full screen

unknown.png

that plus enabling FTP/SFTP server in desktop config mode and you can pretty much remote in and do everything like its a linux server without having to use the deck buttons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I installed lutris and my steam deck - if you know what you are doing dont need tutorial just switch to desktop mode on deck, run discover app, and can install Lutris right from there

its pretty cool, let me log in to GOG and epic games on my deck and then install/play every free game I own on those platforms and even add them to the deck games list to play in deck mode. Could also do Ubisoft and EA (Origin) games but not much of a burning desire to do those, plus I bought games there whereas my GOG/EGS account is just filled with endless trash/free games.

You can also run xCloud games inside that framework although thats really just "run chrome browser, point to xbox.com/play". Hopefully Lutris or Heroic Launcher work with gamepass games in the future, then I wouldn't really need a microSD card with win11 on it at all.

spronk

FPS noob

ive only been playing Simpsons Hit and Run on my deck lol it is fucking awesome though, took 2-3 hours to setup with mods and stuff (PC version not console emulated)

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
Hello, I just got my deck .... now the big "?" starts :) as I am a Windows Gamer and never went into Linux

1) I have not everything in Steam, so I am looking forward to at least add EPIC and UPLAY (for AC Odyssey) > is the best way to do this via "heroic" or are there other ways better ?

2) XBOX Gamepass is only via Cloud Streaming or ? (if you don't install Windows 11)

3) What are the best resources for "Dummy" Guides on this topic ?

Thx in advance
Greetings

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There are several posts about it in the last couple pages, think by Spronk that explain that well.

Where are you from, kinda thought you were a bot at first until I looked at history.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
There are several posts about it in the last couple pages, think by Spronk that explain that well.

Where are you from, kinda thought you were a bot at first until I looked at history.
I am from Austria , I will go through the pages again and see if I can get all figured out

spronk

FPS noob
Hello, I just got my deck .... now the big "?" starts :) as I am a Windows Gamer and never went into Linux

1) I have not everything in Steam, so I am looking forward to at least add EPIC and UPLAY (for AC Odyssey) > is the best way to do this via "heroic" or are there other ways better ?

2) XBOX Gamepass is only via Cloud Streaming or ? (if you don't install Windows 11)

3) What are the best resources for "Dummy" Guides on this topic ?

Thx in advance
Greetings

i posted a video about lutris above, it imports epic/uplay games directly into steamOS
dunno yet about gamepass, yeah xcloud works
join and browse daily the steam deck subreddit, people post shit loads of guides and "just bought a steam deck? heres what to do" shit. i learn stuff from it weekly

my honest advice is pick ONE SINGLE GAME you really wanna play and work on making it work. For me it was Simpsons Hit and Run, no reason at all I never played the game before no nostalgia but I love the Simpsons and it let me fuck around with Proton levels, installing stuff, using the Donut mod system, etc etc and it took 3-4 hours and now it runs beautifully. Played for 3-4 hours, was super happy, and now I'm gonna focus on how to make Ocarina of Time run beautifully under a nintendo emulator with mods and shit.

If you go the other way, "i'm gonna install EVERYTHING and play EVERYTHING!" you will just drown in information and get nothing done

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So this thing is pretty nice? Hard to sit at my PC much these days with toddler family life. Would love to be able to handheld all my indie Steam games...