Steam deck portable handheld gaming PC from Valve

spronk

FPS noob
purchase emails went out for those who are lucky enough in first wave

LTT not super happy

hmm got a few months to decide to buy this beta thing or wait for v2...

spronk

FPS noob
i guess gabeN isnt in new zealand anymore

0YLqq8bj_o.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
this channel has a lot of gameplay videos, this is FF7R running at 720p locked 30 fps

all in Proton OS (Linux) running emulations of DirectX/Win32 APIs, pretty neat

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
uhhhhgggg.

Playing FIFA games on my psp's for more than just a couple months would mean automatic thumbstick drift and eventual failure. It wasnt so much a defect like maybe this is, but any decent to heavy use on those things lead to wear and tear problems. From my eperience anyway. It only happened to PSP's that I played fifa on though, where you have to use thumbstick 100% of the time ur playing.

spronk

FPS noob
good channel of a dude showing games running on steam deck, including Origin / EGS and other Win10 games. I'm 99% likely at this point to keep mine when I can order, it looks like a neat toy and most of the initial problems like stick drift and store issues seem fixed. i'm sure in 2 years v2 will be way better and smaller but this seems good

also someone on reddit replaced the 64GB MMC with a 512GB NVME, takes like 15 mins apparently and super easy. the drives are like $50 on ebay so cheap too

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

resell on these is crazy, i know a guy who got a launch 64gb for $399 and resold on ebay for like $1400

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone here have it yet? The reviews I’ve seen would probably make me cancel it if I had preordered. Too expensive to be buying it to beta test imo. I’d wait for Deck 2 if it ever happens, or 1.5 at least.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't ever click videos where someone is holding something and making soy face. The content is always god awful and unwatchable.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users