Stellar Blade (April 26th, PS5)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems it's related to all the hubba wubba in Korea this past couple of years where there was this huge pushback against a radical feminist group(Megalia) and then every video game companies starting changing a ton of stuff that could maybe remind people of the logo(a hand with fingers close together that represents a small dick). I know several mmos went through changes to emotes, icons and other stuff like that to scrub off anything even remotely close(even when completely unrelated) but the whole thing is weird cause it looks like a massive overreaction and probably created a big streisand effect for this group that otherwise would have been kinda ignored.

Article seems to be about the original issue though, don't think it mentions Stellar Blade.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unless google translate is off that is from 2016-2017? Who the fuck cares.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Seems it's related to all the hubba wubba in Korea this past couple of years where there was this huge pushback against a radical feminist group(Megalia) and then every video game companies starting changing a ton of stuff that could maybe remind people of the logo(a hand with fingers close together that represents a small dick). I know several mmos went through changes to emotes, icons and other stuff like that to scrub off anything even remotely close(even when completely unrelated) but the whole thing is weird cause it looks like a massive overreaction and probably created a big streisand effect for this group that otherwise would have been kinda ignored.

Article seems to be about the original issue though, don't think it mentions Stellar Blade.
yea the firing isn't about stellar blade but from shiftup, the company

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
yea the firing isn't about stellar blade but from shiftup, the company
That was back when they were making mobile games though right? Not super related and yeah when that shit was big there was a lot of that stuff, as I mentionned the korean mmos I saw did several changes "just in case of", DFO changed a bunch of sprites, BDO changed an emote on Shai and like some claw item icon, Lost Ark had some changes on a couple emotes too iirc, all not actually related to anything so it was kinda weird.

Anyway game's getting a lot of free advertisement out of all these idiots, should sell pretty well

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Game should be banned because playing a bonkers hot chick is going to turn at least one kid trans.

Like, a boy is gonna want to look like the girl in the game? I think that's gonna happen a lot. It'll also probably turn a bunch of girls gay.

In a roundabout way, Stellar Blade is the wokest game of all?

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I've never heard of anyone getting fired from a job "because they were feminist". I mean that's a pretty regular thing. It's like someone saying they were fired from their job "because I don't like billionaires". Pretty much nobody likes billionaires. Chances are there was a liiiiiiittle more to the story than that.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
"make that ass juicier"
"no, i'm a feminist"
"you're fired"

probably how the convo went

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've never heard of anyone getting fired from a job "because they were feminist".
It's a Korean studio. South Korea is going through some serious gender shit right now, so I'd believe anything. Young women are in full-on revolt while men are snapping in the other direction. This isn't to start a political argument just to say "maybe" this actually did happen.

1712607659479.png

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It's a Korean studio. South Korea is going through some serious gender shit right now, so I'd believe anything. Young women are in full-on revolt while men are snapping in the other direction. This isn't to start a political argument just to say "maybe" this actually did happen.

View attachment 523777
Wow we are more cucked than Koreans.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1712722150472.png

What's with these smug people popping up going "what controversy? there is no controversy except in your silly little heads" every time anyone talks about the controversy?

I guess that's the new play these days, pretend nothing's happening and there is no narrative whenever people push back against your narrative. Because there were definitely journalists trying to shit on the game before everyone told them to STFU. I don't think anyone's creating their own drama. And yeah there have been games like this for decades, but it's pretty rare in the last half decade or so.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

View attachment 524051
What's with these smug people popping up going "what controversy? there is no controversy except in your silly little heads" every time anyone talks about the controversy?

I guess that's the new play these days, pretend nothing's happening and there is no narrative whenever people push back against your narrative. Because there were definitely journalists trying to shit on the game before everyone told them to STFU. I don't think anyone's creating their own drama. And yeah there have been games like this for decades, but it's pretty rare in the last half decade or so.

Their initial pushback and cry fest over having .. what is honestly for a video game. A normal woman in it and not a sjw uggo - has failed.

so now, they are going the normal libtard route of trying to flip the coin- if you give retort to their stupidity they claim ignorance that their crying didn’t happen, and now YOU are making an issue up to them somehow something something liberal nonsense - it’s really dumb

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
View attachment 524051

Liberals don't live in reality. Never have. Never will.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Was wondering if I should play Nier Replicant and Nier Automata before this, since it's a spiritual Nier 3 and I never played either of those. However, since there's no real time for that and no story connection, I'll most likely just jump to Stellar Blade and play the Niers at some later date.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Like