Stellaris

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No mods.

Apparently Im not the only one seeing it this way. These guys are kinda thinking the same thing as me: Economic Strategy - Building & Stations? • r/Stellaris

upload_2017-10-15_17-4-49.png

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watch out for the Stellaris reddit. Theres a lot of questionable info on there. As an example, the top voted reply to that post

Albrecht_Chantry 12 points 6 months ago

I build super wide, Sector everything, and use the sector management buttons to tweak production as necessary. I usually have an equal number of mineral/energy/science sectors. If energy is low, switch to energy focus and it fixes itself pretty quick.

Try the discord for better answers.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Also a great place to find MP games.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
good planet, gonna use this as my food hub

yOqD_ZO4spbQMGZRRddccIzCZAqAy3a7uhGNPb-j0RQ.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I'd use that planet for a power hub and eventually terraform it to a machine world.

Did you just RNG that early game?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
mosrly i get planets like this

qrYtouUP4eRxzOAImLJ5G4KB7ey9jzhTI3R7Ms00bsw.png

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like a planet from a conquered fallen machine empire.

Last edited:

khalid

Unelected Mod
This game is freakin overwhelming. I'm paralyzed by having so many choices.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
So I'm interested in possibly picking up this game but I have a couple questions:
Is this game closer to EU4 or your run of the mill 4x space game? I'm mostly interested because it's by the same people as EU4.

Is combat micromanaged by the player or is it closer to EU4 combat? I like the simplicity of EU4 combat.

Do you have to micromanage your ship designs in this game? That's one thing I always thought was a pain in 4x space games.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So I'm interested in possibly picking up this game but I have a couple questions:
Is this game closer to EU4 or your run of the mill 4x space game? I'm mostly interested because it's by the same people as EU4.

Is combat micromanaged by the player or is it closer to EU4 combat? I like the simplicity of EU4 combat.

Do you have to micromanage your ship designs in this game? That's one thing I always thought was a pain in 4x space games.

i think its closer to EU4 than GalCiv2 or ES.

No combat micromanagement, once the armies/fleet meet up, you just watch the outcome

There is a ship builder, but you can easily have the AI generate the best template for you that is automatically upgraded through the game

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Have you guys tried the Star Trek mod yet?

Its insanely detailed down to trek specific tech to research like dilithium processing plants and transporters, even has trek specific locations like Wolf 359

5uSVesiX9sDWfXQB9zXZDA.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

SovereignPLUS.jpg

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
i think its closer to EU4 than GalCiv2 or ES.

No combat micromanagement, once the armies/fleet meet up, you just watch the outcome

There is a ship builder, but you can easily have the AI generate the best template for you that is automatically upgraded through the game

Sounds like a winner! Thanks.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
So I'm trying the playing tall strat. Instead of ejaculating colonies everywhere, I just plop outposts to reserve the land for future use. Each colony you create is 10% more research and unity costs. Going to only expend once the previous colony is maxed out.

Game is nice but beware, do not play on a large map. I made a mod to create a 500 star map, just below medium size.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So I'm trying the playing tall strat. Instead of ejaculating colonies everywhere, I just plop outposts to reserve the land for future use. Each colony you create is 10% more research and unity costs. Going to only expend once the previous colony is maxed out.

Game is nice but beware, do not play on a large map. I made a mod to create a 500 star map, just below medium size.

Read about this last night, dude beat the game on Insane difficulty with 1 star system. He had Science Nexus by 2273