Stellaris

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for the heads up on that Star Trek mod, Araysar. DL'ed it last night and trying it out. Very much puts me in the mind of the FFH2 mod for Civ4, in that it uses the base game to give you a whole new (potentially better) experience.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
the Star trek mod is just insanely good. i played about 2 hours today and the level of detail in regards to race characteristics, ship design, and even techno babble specifically tied to Star trek is just amazing. Its like a whole new game.

My first game, i started as Earth, made research agreements with Andorians and Vulcans and then formed a coalition, its kinda cool that it plays out similarly to show canon but without feeling like its being hardcoded to some story mode track, it just happens organically and naturally.

i love it

• 1Solidarity

khorum

Murder Apologist
Have you guys tried the Star Trek mod yet?

Its insanely detailed down to trek specific tech to research like dilithium processing plants and transporters, even has trek specific locations like Wolf 359

5uSVesiX9sDWfXQB9zXZDA.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

SovereignPLUS.jpg

Yeah I played a few dozen hours of Horizons a few months ago. Even then it was staggering how much content the trekkies crammed into that mod.

At the time there was already more events and locations based on the shows and even the novels than the stock game. And considering they had tons of the most hardcore trek fans contributing models and scripts, there's prolly more now.

My only gripe is that it's TOO canon.... even the map is exactly how it is in the Trek canon. Tweaking the size just adds even MORE canon star systems. The events play roughly in the same sequence so it ends up being a Hearts-of-Iron-in-Star-Trek type scenario than Stellaris' trademark sandbox. I enjoyed it (and HOI and EU) but I've come to think of Stellaris as the oddball in the Clausewitz games that isn't a scenario but is more of a one-off sandbox game.

Last edited:

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I would like to see features be buffed and trade enhanced.

Strategic resources would be more interesting if they were constructed rather than found, traded gradiently, and perhaps semi or fully passively. For example, I build shields with yurantic crystals, which I developed kinda like plutonium through some manufacturing process I discovered, and trade the licensing of those buffed shields to other sovereignties for ship upgrades or new constructions. If we stop trading you still have sexy shields that you built already, and I can choose to only trade older tier sexy shields or my newest ones. No blanket +15% shield strength that comes and goes when you contact a crystal with your pinky for a minute. That's weird.

Geographic features like nebulae and black holes could create much more significant barriers that require special technology to overcome, allowing a more diverse political landscape into the later game as those that already inhabit these areas possess military advantages when in proximity to them, kinda like mountain defense or the galley bonus of EU4.

Why? Not for lolscience, though you could defend it on those grounds. No, just for a little bit fewer galaxy wide empires until the very late game. And again, natives to those areas might have higher warscore costs to annex their planets peacefully or violently, considering that they would have to be semi-autonomous until you possess the same familiarity with the space and your fleet (and abstracted government administration) is fit to traverse it without issue.

Blobs are lame. Laser beams are cool. More fights, fewer blobs.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
played about 100 years so far in my star trek mod.

my federation ended up absorbing vulcans, andorians, benzarians, ferengi and some other 2nd tier races. had a pair of wars with romulans and the breen confederacy, those were pretty fun. empire is pretty large now and i'm expanding into the beta quadrant, past the romulans and klingons, where the borg are moving down too. ive selected a choke point near the galactic core and fortified the fuck out of it: 2 starbases, all modules are for offense and defense, pair of satellite defense stations, an antimatter mine field at the warp in point, a militarized drydock and pretty much everything else i could think off. spent like 10 years buffing that whole star system. The Yi System will be my Wolf 359.

at this point, there arent any colonizable star systems next to me so ive run out of room for expansion, the closest one costs like 1,000 influence to colonize and its in gamma quadrant. i'll have to try for that. i cant declare war on anyone, the Federation wont allow wars of conquest/expansion. meanwhile the borg are far more ahead of head me in research, have bigger fleets and more advanced starships. i think im basically gonna get curbstomped several decades later unless the entire alpha and beta quadrant bands together to fight the borg at once. otherwise i cant hope to catch up to them with no more expansion while they spread like cockroaches.

barring some time travel deus ex machina, this is gonna play out like it always should have in star trek - the federation getting steamrolled by the Borg

btw, the mod makes their homeworld look really cool (Unicomplex 01). its basically one giant, star system wide mega structure

really loving this mod btw.

upload_2017-10-20_10-0-43.png

upload_2017-10-20_10-1-54.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sulrn

Deuces
Random Star Trek question, what race or galactic plague was it that posed a vital threat to the Borg to the point they ended up allying with the Federation in the latter seasons of ST:V ?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Random Star Trek question, what race or galactic plague was it that posed a vital threat to the Borg to the point they ended up allying with the Federation in the latter seasons of ST:V ?

Species Gay 4 7 2

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
This mod is literally the best 4x game i ever played

Ended up expanding into gamma quadrant along the galactic core. Some dipshit 4th tier empire blocked my expansion and you cant start a war of expansion as The Federation.

I needed the planets next to them to form my defensive perimeter against Borg Lives Matter

Kept requesting to leave The Federation, kept getting told to fuck off they didnt think it was good for me. Eventually i started a rebellion, fought the entire Federation (at this point I reached the tech to build Galaxy class starships, i renamed one to Enterprise NCC-1701D and made it my flagship), and secured my independence. Now im rolling in minerals and credits and about to start expanding to delta quadrant to lay waste to BLM.

Spent 12 hours playing today.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Species 8472 aka The Undine

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Which Star Trek mod are you guys using? I looked on Steam and dozens and dozens came up.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Which Star Trek mod are you guys using? I looked on Steam and dozens and dozens came up.
New Horizons.

Just got updated a couple days ago apparently, which means it must at least be compatible with Caepek. I havent played it in a while but even back in Bradbury the mod was flush with content from the legions of ST autists contributing all kinds of assets.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This mod is literally the best 4x game i ever played

Ended up expanding into gamma quadrant along the galactic core. Some dipshit 4th tier empire blocked my expansion and you cant start a war of expansion as The Federation.

I needed the planets next to them to form my defensive perimeter against Borg Lives Matter

Kept requesting to leave The Federation, kept getting told to fuck off they didnt think it was good for me. Eventually i started a rebellion, fought the entire Federation (at this point I reached the tech to build Galaxy class starships, i renamed one to Enterprise NCC-1701D and made it my flagship), and secured my independence. Now im rolling in minerals and credits and about to start expanding to delta quadrant to lay waste to BLM.

Spent 12 hours playing today.

Think imma give this mod a try. Been poop socking the last couple days with the 1 planet strat you guys posted, really fun way to play a relaxing game.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
what do you like about it?

Pretty much everything. Unique tech tree, the ships, how every anomaly is an episode from the show. We saved last night right as I was about to get obliterated by the Breen, whose Navy is double the size of my Naval Cap. I was the Cardassians and my brother the Borg, so we really didn't interact at all.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The level of autism in this mod is exceptionally high for sure.

• 1Worf

iannis

Musty Nester
This game is freakin overwhelming. I'm paralyzed by having so many choices.

so good though.

Fuck food. Research sentient AI and cyborg your entire race.

Keep one pop of your biological on your home planet and never tell him that everyone else is a robot.

• 1Like