Stellaris

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I haven't touched this since just before Megacorp released. I'm going to start a new game in preparation of Nemesis. Any mods that are "must have"?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I haven't touched this since just before Megacorp released. I'm going to start a new game in preparation of Nemesis. Any mods that are "must have"?

Haven't played in ~5 months, but I always have at least a dozen mods active (last game had 150+ mods active). I usually forget what mods I really liked (or can even tell which are which, sometimes), when I go to start a new game. So, I just surf around various up-to-date mod collections and look at popular mods on steam.

When it comes to collections, you can look through a few of the most popular ones and see what the common mods are between them, for an idea of "must haves."

Regardless of anything else, I want to make the UI better:

Popular mods (that I have used in all games that I can remember, outside of Star Trek):

Planetary diversity (Link to the main, I use all of the dependents, as well):​
Gulli's Planet mods (he also makes other very popular mods):​
Real Space (system GFX improvement):​
NGC2 (Next Generation Collection) (is really popular):​
Extra Ship components:​

If I were to play today (and I might) I would probably use this modlist and call it a day:

Finally, Star Trek:
This mod group is it's own thing (cant mix with any other mods), and if you like any of the TV shows/movies, at all, it is worth playing at least once. The amount of time they have spent on this is ridiculous, and it has roughly the same production value as the base game (if you stick with the main ST races like Borg, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Ferengi, etc.). They have a huge number of events based on all the shows and the whole galaxy is playable.​

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

There is one I used to use that simplified what the comp needed to do re populations, made the late game not bog down as hard

It also added one or two automated construction ships that would build every mining resource.

I couldn't play it if I had to manually build every mining node

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is one I used to use that simplified what the comp needed to do re populations, made the late game not bog down as hard

It also added one or two automated construction ships that would build every mining resource.

I couldn't play it if I had to manually build every mining node

I was looking for the mod to help the late game pop issues but couldn't find it earlier (I should have bookmarked the reddit post about performance issues).

So, I just went back and looked again at the all time popular mods. I think it was part of a compilation of performance mods called "!! 00 Performance Plus: Late Game Booster." The original author got hacked and banned from steam, but it looks like it was updated and reuped here:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was looking for the mod to help the late game pop issues but couldn't find it earlier (I should have bookmarked the reddit post about performance issues).

So, I just went back and looked again at the all time popular mods. I think it was part of a compilation of performance mods called "!! 00 Performance Plus: Late Game Booster." The original author got hacked and banned from steam, but it looks like it was updated and reuped here:

Not sure how much I trust a mod with a bunch of Ching Chang lettering and comments. I do remember late-game titty-fucking my computer though, so I probably need to find something to curb that.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Not sure how much I trust a mod with a bunch of Ching Chang lettering and comments. I do remember late-game titty-fucking my computer though, so I probably need to find something to curb that.

its gonna use your comp to mine crypto

• 1Truth!

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just picked this game up, looks great so far.
My first map, I have two close neighbours who are both 'fanatical purifiers' which I guess means it's going to get violent pretty quickly.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
There is an option to disable cluster starts (which guarantees early game neighbors) in the game creation screen when you first start a game. You will still get neighbors but they likely will be abit further and sometimesyouget glorious games all to yourself in one corner of the galaxy while everyone else duke it out in early game.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I am a bad, but I just love the scope of this game. I must be 6-7 hours into this first playthrough in years and this is as far as I've gotten (I'm top middle/right).

1616643246055.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shattered Ring start with Cybrex precursor seems like the most op thing imaginable in this game. Had my starting three ringworld sections and all 4 of the cybrex homeworld ringworld sections repaired by 2300. Tech tree cleared of non-repeatables by 2350, smoked a fallen empire shortly thereafter.

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Shattered Ring start with Cybrex precursor seems like the most op thing imaginable in this game. Had my starting three ringworld sections and all 4 of the cybrex homeworld ringworld sections repaired by 2300. Tech tree cleared of non-repeatables by 2350, smoked a fallen empire shortly thereafter.

yeah but what difficulty level?

CADET?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah but what difficulty level?

CADET?
Whatever the default is, so like ensign? I mean obviously I wouldn't have run quite as wild in a higher difficulty game, but shattered ring + cybrex is insane no matter what difficulty you're on.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Whatever the default is, so like ensign? I mean obviously I wouldn't have run quite as wild in a higher difficulty game, but shattered ring + cybrex is insane no matter what difficulty you're on.

so true

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Cybrex is extremely good, along with gruun or whatever the tree people are. Shattered ring world is also OP, but arguments can be made that other starts are better depending on build. With a start like that and low difficulty the game isn't too hard for even a novice.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cybrex is extremely good, along with gruun or whatever the tree people are. Shattered ring world is also OP, but arguments can be made that other starts are better depending on build. With a start like that and low difficulty the game isn't too hard for even a novice.
Well right it wouldn't be a particularly hot start for any of the total war civics, but you'd be hard pressed to find anything better for a tech or economy build.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cybrex is pretty good for total war civics. The warforms are pretty badass, and their relic is good for the alloys.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm curious to see how well Nemesis delivers. Seems like the expansion focus is on endgame crises and one of the features is the ability to become the endgame crisis yourself, which seems kind of redundant for total war empires.