Stellaris

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
In the proposals tab you can see all the current options for each category. Look at it as a "Policy" tab but for the whole galaxy except everyone has to vote on the current option for each.

Thing is each faction can only propose one legislation at a time and they're voted on the order they're proposed. If you're on the council you can spend influence to push certain legislation to the floor and (later) delay or veto it.

so when the council starts do all the factions just propose one and take them all up so that's why I can't propose? I'm also trying to figure out how to cancel one, but I can't seem to get myself in the rotation

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's something pretty awesome about playing a machine race that finds a primitive earth, landing robot armies onto the planet and then turning them all into biological slurry to fuel the machine

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
All my german ancestry demands blood and this is my outlet. Better than WW3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Does this game still slow to an unplayable crawl about 125 years in? That's what turned me off it.

That was one of the things they tried to fix with this update. An increase of performance of about 10 to 15%. There is a video floating around showing how fast a year goes by during the old patch and this one and the performance increase was noticible.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Does this game still slow to an unplayable crawl about 125 years in? That's what turned me off it.

If you are playing on a map 800 or 1000 systems large, with any amount of habitability over the standard, yeah, it gets real slow late game. Better than it used to be, but a month still takes 50-60 seconds.

khorum

Murder Apologist
so when the council starts do all the factions just propose one and take them all up so that's why I can't propose? I'm also trying to figure out how to cancel one, but I can't seem to get myself in the rotation
It's more like there would only be one proposal for each category and if there's already a proposal in the category you want you cant put another proposal up until that one is voted on. Also if there's a vote to repeal a law in said category that would need to be resolved first too.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This way a losing war doesnt out right end your game. Yesterday I had piss poor starting conditions and had some back and forth wars with my giant neighbours. Without the war system my game would have ended. Now I destroyed them both in late game.

It just gets very annoying, if you want to clean up in endgame.

The feature is so annoying, I'm willing to forsake that.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
The feature is so annoying, I'm willing to forsake that.

You can play a Fanatic Purifier, Determined Exterminator, Driven Assimilator, or Devouring Swarm. Late game you can grab Colossus perk to get a total war CB as well (though it's a bit bugged and requires at least 1 claim right now.)

Probably mods that give everyone a total war CB from the start as well, never looked.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
is there a way w/o mods to make the sectors not completely retarded?
As in their automation? They've been pretty decent with just the automation option for "Mining World" or "Agri World" etc. Haven't really needed to do sector-level automation in the last couple playthroughs in Federations.

Wish there was a better way to promote emigration from high-unemployment planets to the fucking empty ringworlds/ecumenopolises tho.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As in their automation? They've been pretty decent with just the automation option for "Mining World" or "Agri World" etc. Haven't really needed to do sector-level automation in the last couple playthroughs in Federations.

Wish there was a better way to promote emigration from high-unemployment planets to the fucking empty ringworlds/ecumenopolises tho.

they don't seem to build shit when I automate, and I'd like to group nearby planets together but it doesn't let me.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I might have to fire up some more games of this. Is it worth the $30 to grab federations + ancient relics story pack? I've only put about 90 hours into it so far, couple of games that went fairly far and couple that didn't go very far at all.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Oh you just pick a sector capital and it will rope in all the frontier planets within four jumps of that capital.

• 1Truth!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The game likes to fuck with you in unexpected ways. I set up a Megacorp playthrough with some greedy Gecko's on the ringworld start (Overpowered) with plans of controlling the galaxy through tech and money. The game though decides to give me the Zroni precursor to push me towards Psionics on top of all my neighbours being spiritualists which makes all my pops want to be Jesusfreaks. I might have to pivot into a Television Evangelist's approach and conquer the galaxy through mind powers and in the name of the "divine"

And of course I also get the Old Gods event allowing me to push towards spiritualism. That's it boys: Religious Psychic Gecko Businessmen empire ho!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
They have significantly increased the difficulty I think. Was able to crush the hardest setting until a month or two ago. Now I'm getting crushed.

Graphics update the other day too. Haven't checked it out yet tho

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They have significantly increased the difficulty I think. Was able to crush the hardest setting until a month or two ago. Now I'm getting crushed.

Graphics update the other day too. Haven't checked it out yet tho
The tweaks and rebalancing are significant. Destroying nearly every +%pop effect is hard on your expansion.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought this a couple weeks ago during the free weekend. This scratches the itch I was looking for. Something like Trade Wars in the BBS days, but a lot deeper. There is a ton to learn, and I'm enjoying learning it a lot.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Tradewars is like the old EQ to me, nostalgia for it that can't really be reproduced, but an itch that is occasionally scratched in some form by games like Stellaris.

• 1Like