Stephen King's The Dark Tower

spronk

FPS noob
“The Dark Tower” Review: Stephen King Movie Is a CGI-Fueled Disaster About the Wrong Character
some faggot said:
This is a swing-for-the-fences attempt to get a franchise off the ground, and it is a fall-on-your-face-and-somehow-smash-your-own-balls failure. There are moments where it will make fans of Stephen King’s books sit forward, amazed and delighted at some of the things they try, and there are huge passages where those same fans will recoil so hard they will bruise themselves.

lol. wonder if they will still make a TV show, the producers seemed pretty enthused about it two days ago but i can't imagine the movie pulling any real good numbers this weekend

iocrcwcymfanlkqhwuq4.gif

thats some interesting clip loading

Rime

<Donor>
God... that gif makes me so angry. SO ANGRY. *Smashes fists against a Beam*

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Resident Evil franchise ran CGI action reloading into the ground years ago. It would have been much better if Idris had practiced some actual fast reloading techniques or at least something sorta grounded in reality like in Equilibrium.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This guy reloads faster than the Gunslinger.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Resident Evil franchise ran CGI action reloading into the ground years ago. It would have been much better if Idris had practiced some actual fast reloading techniques or at least something sorta grounded in reality like in Equilibrium.
Equilibrium still wins for some of the best gunplay scenes ever. John Wick is up there but considering how... not A-list-movie Equilibrium is, it still looks damn good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The working title for this should have been The Dark Tower of Shit. What a terrible, terrible movie.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really a shame how it's reviewing - I was hoping this would be good, but the short run time even without the shitty reviews gave me pause.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Really a shame how it's reviewing - I was hoping this would be good, but the short run time even without the shitty reviews gave me pause.
supposedly the short screen time was due to test screen audience being unhappy with the original print and so they hacked at it with a chainsaw. this is a Sony movie after all.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
the fuck was this movie? I was hoping to see him massacre the town, the grass eaters, the dudes in the underground tunnel, the story of how the gunslinger earned his guns this was one of the best parts of the book when he threw the fucking hawk!

fuck this movie a solid 2/10 only b/c Idris Elba was in the movie

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the fuck was this movie? I was hoping to see him massacre the town, the grass eaters, the dudes in the underground tunnel, the story of how the gunslinger earned his guns this was one of the best parts of the book when he threw the fucking hawk!

fuck this movie a solid 2/10 only b/c Idris Elba was in the movie
Idris Elba was in Ghost Rider 2. does that make you like it better?

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So who is gonna take one for the team and catch a matinee of this abomination? Can we get a true-blue FOH review? I'll roll up my sleeves if I have to, but even with the short run time, it'll be tough...

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
This should have been an HBO franchise. The fact that they didn't even put Oy in the movie is a fucking tragedy.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I actually just finished reading the series a few months ago. Loved the books, I even liked the ending more than most (except for Patrick literally erasing the crimson king...fuck that..)

As a Dark Tower adaption, this abomination gets a 2/10 - 1 for Elba/McConaughey doing a really good job given the circumstances, and 1 for all the cool (but ultimately meaningless) easter eggs. As just another generic movie, I'd give it maybe 5.5/10. I honestly enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but it doesn't even come close to doing the books justice.

It could have been something really special given enough time to build the story. I don't know wtf they were thinking picking random parts from each book to try to cram it all into 90 minutes. No Oy? No Blaine? No Eddie/Susannah/Detta (would've loved to see them put a screaming racist amputee eating live rodents in a swamp on screen). Not a single mention of Alain, Cuthbert, Susan? They had every opportunity to include a "thinny" when they were in the woods but we got generic monsters instead. No explanation of the weird skin people, ratmen, etc (as a book reader I get it but in the movie they're just there)? The final battle was pretty fucking cool until he went full Angelina Jolie from Wanted with the ricochets. The kid playing Jake wasn't a very good actor and the whole movie revolves around him. This thing had no hope as a movie release. Why in the hell couldn't it have been a miniseries instead, given 8-10 episodes to work with it could have been great.

In hindsight, I wouldn't have paid money to see this. Definitely worth streaming when it's available in a couple weeks (lol). It's not the terrible movie that the 18% on RT would have you believe but it isn't the Dark Tower at all.

• 1Like