Story of Overwatch and Fall of Titan - Blizzard semi documentary

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This thread is the platonic ideal of "Haters gonna hate".
smile.png
Do you remember your first blowjob? I bet it was at blizzcom and tasted good..

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
This thread is the platonic ideal of "Haters gonna hate".
smile.png
Or calling it like it is. Shitty British guy/gal/it dropping dumb one liners in every thread like their opinion is superior to all others. It gets old. Just own up to your fangirl/boy status. Wear it proud, buttercup.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What? You think D3 is still a bad game or something? And you think PoE is agoodgame?

How is life on a cuboid planet, anyway?
I have hundereds of hours into both. PoE is the better game. Diablo's direction makes it so you can have fun for a week or so but then there is absolutely and totally nothing to do since the only proper way to play the game is to obtain sets which means you are pigeon holed into a handful of specs per class. Its stale and it has no legs. Honestly D3 vanilla may have had the better itemization (w/ trading) but RMAH and a complete lack of proper currency made trading a joke.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So 2 and 3 had absolutely nothing to do with Titan. Nothing more than a 60 minute long commercial for Overwatch.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Shut your whore mouth Phoenix or else you might make the fanbois cry like I apparently did for calling out their jesus.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I have hundereds of hours into both. PoE is the better game. Diablo's direction makes it so you can have fun for a week or so but then there is absolutely and totally nothing to do since the only proper way to play the game is to obtain sets which means you are pigeon holed into a handful of specs per class. Its stale and it has no legs. Honestly D3 vanilla may have had the better itemization (w/ trading) but RMAH and a complete lack of proper currency made trading a joke.
PoE still pay to win at endgame?

Pass.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So 2 and 3 had absolutely nothing to do with Titan. Nothing more than a 60 minute long commercial for Overwatch.
Even the first one didn't reveal anything we didn't know. I enjoyed the series but the Fall of Titan part was pure bullshit.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It's called the Story of Overwatch and it's launch is in a month. Not sure why anyone is expecting Blizzard to dig deep into a dead product with no future.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It's called the story of fucking Overwatch. If anyone was stupid enough to think they're going to drone on and on about the massive failure of Titan because it's subtitled The Fall of Titan, that's on them. The title was just a setup for Titan failed and "we repurposed shit for Overwatch which by the way IS OUT NEXT MONTH AND YOU SHOULD GIVE US MONEY."

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't see how the 'new' Blizzard is any different than the 'old' Blizzard; the bigger budgets and larger scope just make it easier to see how hacky their games are. Same over-the-top storylines with writing that's on the level of department store romance novels with gameplay borrowed from other franchises that has been dumbed down and polished.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Same over-the-top storylines with writing that's on the level of department store romance novels with gameplay borrowed from other franchises that has been dumbed down and polished.
That's really harsh but kind of what I've been seeing myself. I certainly can't do better though.

I wanted more Titan information because you can learn so much from the failure of a project. If you ever go to gdc, when people do postmortems on failed games, the room is usually packed. I think if they were to do one on Titan the line would be huge.

I'd love to know what it was. Did they prototype and have something fun or were they still searching for the fun? Was it fun but just didn't have any legs?

If I think back I've been on 6 failed projects, some dinky and small where not much was lost, and some with big teams spanning years. There are always good lessons there.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
PoE still pay to win at endgame?

Pass.
By that comment I can safely assume you've never played PoE and know absolutely nothing about it. Congrats on declaring d3 the better game between two games where you haven't played the other.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Second part of the series is up, it's not as interesting as the first episode since they didn't talk about Titan at all.
Considering the level of interest from the first episode (who might have been shortened to about 2mn out of 20 and lost essentially nothing of value)...
It's funny how Activision buys Blizzard, the next new game out is a FPS?!
Well, they don't want to cannibalize their own games, so they're making totally different game lines. I mean, look at their current games: RTS, ARPG, MMORPG, MOBA, CC... a FPS seems like a good addition to that lineup.

Of course, my dream would be a Blizzard-made turn-based strategy or a city management game, but those games are slightly more niche and I don't think Blizzard would be interested in those. But, who knows.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
A dating sim where you can only date an underage child, a pre-spell transgender, the dog or if you prefer a more classical romance a homosexual rogue.