Stranger Things

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Did anyone find the final episode a little bit jerky in frame rate? I was watching in HDR on a 2015 LG OLED, wasn't sure if it was actual dropped frames or just jerky camera work

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The second season was just a repeat of first season. With a little less mystery and a side story with Jane's sister that went no where. The ending was disappointing story wise. The monster story line ending I mean, not the dance.

This is just a remake of a PG13 sci-fi movie with about four hours of extra character development thrown in. It suffers from being the second in series because the movie is just rehashing the basic concept from the first.

Last edited:

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Liked it enough that I finished it already but season 1 was better. There was a good deal of time devoted to characters/storylines that were a complete waste of time and we all know which part exemplifies it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Liked it enough that I finished it already but season 1 was better. There was a good deal of time devoted to characters/storylines that were a complete waste of time and we all know which part exemplifies it.
I'm only on episode 4 right now, but I can already see that the focus of the season is too spread out among everyone. Should just focus on Will, and maybe Eleven, no one else really matters.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Powerhoused the first 8 episodes yesterday. Just finished the last one. It was Good. Definitely no where near the last season. It was missing a lot of emotional depth that the first season had.

The "sister" subplot is pretty fucking stupid, didn't progressive the story at all and was just a general waste of an episode. I thought the talk between 8 and 11 about power was hilarious. "I can make people see things that aren't there." "That's cool. I'm telekinetic. I can kill someone by thinking about them. I can shift between realities. Oh and one time I force pushed a monster so hard that I erased him from existence. Anyway. Teach me oh wise one."

Nysus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wynonna Ryder really likes hanging junk all over her house.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'll echo the statements about it being not bad but just having a lot of shoehorned, needless subplots. A whole lot. Especially the new stepbrother/sister kids.

Steve is the man though. And Nancy is a bitch.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Binged it with the GF. Loved it. Still a show that is right in my wheelhouse. On to Mindhunter next.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Incredibly stoked that I decided to rewatch S1 before hitting S2. There is so much that I think I missed first time through because I binged it when everyone else did. Didn't realize how fast Barb went out, or the fake Will was found in the reservior. Really enjoying the second slower watch through, but eager to get to S2.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished it as had day off work - lost some of the magic of the original. 7/10

Eleven's character was sidelined from the main plot until the penultimate episode. The sister storyline was just a way to "level up" Eleven's powers and the sister's crew was lame.

Part of the magic of s1 was the way they used her powers sparingly and every time was a more powerful demonstration than the previous time, building up to the sacrifice at the end. For me the highlight of s1 was her saving Mike from the cliff drop but nothing in s2 had the same punch.

The new girl was ok but her brother was awful, I could see what they were trying to accomplish with the 80s bad boy vibe but it was just stupid. One scene of character development with his father wasn't enough to rescue the character. I did think him heading to the house would lead to him joining the crew and some kind of redemption arc but nah.

Final boss fight wasn't as good as s1 either.

Basically there were hardly any "whoa" moments compared to s1.

Completely agree on all points. I'd give the first season an 8, i'd probably give this season a 5 or 6. Other than the first couple times showing super monster there was almost zero wow moments in this show.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I'll echo the statements about it being not bad but just having a lot of shoehorned, needless subplots. A whole lot. Especially the new stepbrother/sister kids.

Steve is the man though. And Nancy is a bitch.

They could've done more with Steve if they'd have cut the new girl and the ENTIRE Chicago bullshit out. Young Rob Lowe would've been fine as just a bully that develops Steve some more in the story. He wasn't a bad character but if they were going to throw away so much time with it we should've been paid off with him banging Mikes mom.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
with the new guy and max it felt like there was potential for a bigger storyline than the one we got - eg the reason why he was responsible for her, like it was some kind of witness protection deal which was they had to move and not make friends with anyone. Instead we just got "parents are back late"

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
with the new guy and max it felt like there was potential for a bigger storyline than the one we got - eg the reason why he was responsible for her, like it was some kind of witness protection deal which was they had to move and not make friends with anyone. Instead we just got "parents are back late"
Pretty sure almost everyone was expecting that to be the case. Their early interaction heavily foreshadowed something like that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed it and the girlfriend loved the coming of age stuff.

I also heavily thought something was going on with Max amd her step brother and was dissapointed by that wrap up.

As for the stuff with 8 and 11 I thought that was potentially setting the stage for season 3.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
About 8

I don't understand why they start the second season with a car chase involving 8 in Pittsburgh and then we don't see her again until episode 6 or 7 or whatever it is. And then we get some lame story about her taking revenge with no buildup at all and a quick 3 minute scene on her "unlocking" 11's true potential or some shit. Meh whatever. I think they just didn't have enough plot to fill a full 8 episodes so they gave us some really unremarkable filler

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I enjoyed most of the Chicago episode. The actress for 8/Roman in that sweater ... ahem. Only part that was 100% predictable was the scene with semi-famous guy from Mentalist.