Stranger Things

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Besides the cocky black girl with kneepads, not really.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Growing up in Chicago around this time that group of people getting the free ice cream samples had me fucking dying laughing

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how many people would have their careers ended for failing to realize that the Soviets were able to build a superscience facility in the middle of Indiana.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Please tell me there's a new kid on the block this season named Ferris Mueller. He's a cocky but lovable rule-breaker who only gets serious about one thing. Destroying those pinko commie bastards.

iannis

Musty Nester
Maybe bradthew moderick, the local tic tac toe champion makes a cameo.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
This was my favorite season so far, I wasn't a huge fan of season 2. Character interactions were awesome, I need a Steve and Dustin spin off.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just finished it..

Overall loved it. It actually wasn't my favorite season, but it was still great.

First up the whole Billy and Mrs. Wheeler thing was just weird and completely unnecessary. They could have done anything to get Billy on the way to somewhere at that time of night, instead of some weird cougar with a kid kind of deal.

Second, again they had the party too split up for too long

Third Erica was annoying as fuck

Fourth. I feel like the chain of events happened way too quickly. The other two seasons took place over days and a couple weeks. This one seemed to all happen within a couple of days. And even if there was more time spanning in the first half, shit just felt like it was a mad dash to the next big set piece or cheesy 80s reference.

Fifth: Part of the charm of this show to me was they truly treated it like it was being made in the 80's. Especially in the 1st season where it was almost all practical effects. I know they leaned pretty heavily on CGI in 2, but God damn, they dialed that shit to 11 in 3.

I don't know if I'm going to word this right, but here goes: This season seemed to be missing the heart the other two seasons had. The little moments between characters that made them truly come alive and feel close to you. And they kind of forgot the subtlety they had as well. They never dwelt on the 84 presidential race in season 2. They just had signs in the yards as they panned across someone's house. That's what made it feel like you were really in the 80's is they acted just like they would if they were living in the times. This season it just screamed "HEY REMEMBER BACK TO THE FUTURE???? OR GOING TO A MALL??? OR NEW COKE??? YEAH THAT SHIT WAS NASTY!" And then Steve and Dustin's chemistry was awesome in season 2, and they continued that in season 3, despite the situation being absurd even for a show about absurd shit happening. However, it felt flat for Hop and Joyce. That's not the relationship they have had, and the whole Starsky and Hutch bullshit was kind of lame to me. Murray and Smirnoff saved the day in that group.

With that said, I loved the overall story. And some of the action was legit balls to the wall and a blast to watch. The crazy Terminator/Darth Vader love child was fucking cool as hell. The ending tore my heart out. I loved Hop as I heavily identified with his relationship with El due to the similarities it shared with the relationship I have with my own daughter. Seeing El read his letter was gut wrenching. However (god I don't want to go negative here again) it will be shitty if he actually survived that explosion. I loved how El got through to Billy, and she wasn't super Dues Ex Machina for a 3rd time. The Finale was legit tits.

Robin was an awesome character. And while her big "reveal" was ok, I don't think someone fresh out of high school coming out would be as well taken in 1985 in small town Indiana. I grew up where this story is set almost to a T (Hell my home town is where Purdue is which is referenced), and I can assure you being gay was not popular at all in the 80's in smaller town Indiana. Either way she kind of stole the show for me.

The Mike and El relationship has been sweet on so many levels, but I'm afraid they are going to muck it up by introducing another love interest for El at whatever new place they live. I get it, it'd be realistic, but again 80's was over the top cheese, and I'd kind of like to keep that.

Overall it was an 8.5 to me. Was great but had blemishes that stood out to me. Kind of like how many felt about season 2 which I actually loved (9.0). However the first season is still king to me at 9.5. I really think this should be the end. I'm just not sure where they go from here as they have turned the entire focus of the story to about the upside down and its seemingly one inhabitant and only one gate in Hawkins. I honestly liked 8 from season 2 and thought the whole MK Ultra experiment shit this story's foundation is based on showed far more potential with variety, but it looks like all the screaming about the horrible casting of 8's little gang of merry misfits and the infamous episode 7 in Season 2 has nixed that idea. But they will need to come up with SOMETHING other than another variant of previous season's monsters. I guess we will see in 2 years when season 4 comes out.

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Smug little sister is my only real complaint this season.
That character worked for me because I knew so many who acted like her.

Her being labeled as a nerd was great also

And also since everybody was older, it was nice to have somebody younger there.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
And also since everybody was older, it was nice to have somebody younger there.

AP_17003826653653-640x480.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I certainly felt for Will just wanting to play, shit hit hard. Going from all day binges to rarely to never but still wanting to is rough. I suppose that's reality, but I also think they threw the game under the bus a little this season

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I certainly felt for Will just wanting to play, shit hit hard. Going from all day binges to rarely to never but still wanting to is rough. I suppose that's reality, but I also think they threw the game under the bus a little this season

It was realistic. I was Will in that situation, and I had a friend who discovered the magic of pussy and was completely missing for quite a while. Had it been 15 years later, Will would have just become an EQ addict and the story would have been them trying to get him to come out and see sunlight for the first time in months.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

I think most young men go through that phase. Although at different levels, we all can relate to a friend who grew up faster, or slower, or was exposed to women first etc.

I was the nerd type, being a virgin until I was 16, and basically until I was 18. Meanwhile a couple of my buds were ploughing chics and chastised us other homos for playing games.

I turned it around in my adult years, but some never do. One of my buddies hasnt gotten pussy in like 18 years.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think most young men go through that phase. Although at different levels, we all can relate to a friend who grew up faster, or slower, or was exposed to women first etc.

I was the nerd type, being a virgin until I was 16, and basically until I was 18. Meanwhile a couple of my buds were ploughing chics and chastised us other homos for playing games.

I turned it around in my adult years, but some never do. One of my buddies hasnt gotten pussy in like 18 years.

Yep they do. Completely. Which was why it bothered me that Will and Dustin didn't just gravitate towards each other. Will should have totally been with Dustin's group instead of being background noise in Mike's.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

I have to watch the season over again, but wasnt Dustin into that young pussy himself?