Stranger Things

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When I was watching the show I actually hoped they'd reboot the entire cast and have no continuity between seasons. True Detective style. Just tell a story and move on because I don't see how you can stretch this storyline forever. But that is clearly not the case since brother was hacking up worms so he's probably becoming the Demi Gorgon next season or some shit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
When I was watching the show I actually hoped they'd reboot the entire cast and have no continuity between seasons. True Detective style. Just tell a story and move on because I don't see how you can stretch this storyline forever. But that is clearly not the case since brother was hacking up worms so he's probably becoming the Demi Gorgon next season or some shit.
The ending bothered me for exactly that reason. It felt like they had originally planned either to wrap the show up completely in one season, or do separate storylines for each season. That ending felt completely forced as if they were told to continue the same story if they wanted to keep the show going.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
The ending bothered me for exactly that reason. It felt like they had originally planned either to wrap the show up completely in one season, or do separate storylines for each season. That ending felt completely forced as if they were told to continue the same story if they wanted to keep the show going.
Not true at all. There have already been several articles with them talking about season 2 and beyond. Supposedly they came up with a 30 page document outlining the story for several seasons. They wanted the first season to be a complete story, and if they got picked up for more they could move on to the questions left unanswered. They've said to think of season 2 as more of a sequel than "season 2".

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stra...-2-1201816664/

Khane

Not true at all. There have already been several articles with them talking about season 2 and beyond. Supposedly they came up with a 30 page document outlining the story for several seasons.They wanted the first season to be a complete story, and if they got picked up for more they could move on to the questions left unanswered. They've said to think of season 2 as more of a sequel than "season 2".
So... what I said was exactly, precisely true?

It wasn't a complete story. Everything they put after the "one month later" black screen was completely hamfisted and was only in there to promote the fact that there would obviously be a second season. And what the fuck does "Think of it more as a sequel than a season 2" even mean? That's some next level spin doctoring

Anyway it doesn't really matter. It was a very minor gripe. I loved the show and am looking forward to whatever it is they do next with it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This was fanfuckingtastic. Netflix really knocks original programming out of the park.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So... what I said was exactly, precisely true?

It wasn't a complete story. Everything they put after the "one month later" black screen was completely hamfisted and was only in there to promote the fact that there would obviously be a second season. And what the fuck does "Think of it more as a sequel than a season 2" even mean? That's some next level spin doctoring

Anyway it doesn't really matter. It was a very minor gripe. I loved the show and am looking forward to whatever it is they do next with it.
It can be a self contained story and still leave itself open for future seasons

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It can be a self contained story and still leave itself open for future seasons
Yeah the door is wide open here. They can revisit the kid as a grown up and start the story line there, they can pick up where they left off, they can create writing to talk about what this other dimension was and why it was important for the CIA to open it and find out what that thing was, they could do a prequel about that actually... It can still be an anthology of sorts. For me personally, I hope they stick to the Goonies type feel though. They can use different time periods... 50's, 60's, 70's, 90's, etc.

With that said, my favorite character was that kid with the lisp.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_137135.jpg

Khane

My girlfriend and I agree with you. He was definitely our favorite character as well.

That scene at the dinner table where they are trying to distract the mother had me in stitches.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah the door is wide open here. They can revisit the kid as a grown up and start the story line there, they can pick up where they left off, they can create writing to talk about what this other dimension was and why it was important for the CIA to open it and find out what that thing was, they could do a prequel about that actually... It can still be an anthology of sorts. For me personally, I hope they stick to the Goonies type feel though. They can use different time periods... 50's, 60's, 70's, 90's, etc.

Agree on many different paths they could take a follow-up but the "dep. of energy" opening the portal definitely seemed inadvertent. Experiments on the cold war telekinetic assassin girl leads to contact with an unknown entity in this seemingly unknown realm she crosses to get to her targets. They encourage contact with the entity which leads to the entity tracking the girl back to her reality and opening the portal. Cue chaos.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ack, good call. I forgot about the Russian Spy Scene. I do hope though that they expand on what this monster is and the other dimension and why it exists.

Khane

We already know what the other dimension is (The Vale of Shadows) and essentially why it exists (Gary Gygax)

• 1Like

khalid

Unelected Mod
This show needs a 5 year gap so the kids are teenagers and not annoying as fuck. Did like it overall after fastforwarding through most of the cringy kid's stuff.

Khane

What? The kids were the best part of the show.

• 1Solidarity

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My favorite character was Nancy because she was hot and put out and cockteased that one dude then left the nice guy for the asshole. It was a very believable character.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Nancy was the perfect amount of high school hot-good-girl. Like she was attractive, but not like cartoon eyes bulge hot, and she was weirdly skinny and dainty, and you KNOW she got them top grades. Reminded me of about 10 different girls during high school. Glad they didn't go with the big tit blonde sasspot Kaley Cuoco type.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

You guys thought that anorexic skeleton was hot?

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Ack, good call. I forgot about the Russian Spy Scene. I do hope though that they expand on what this monster is and the other dimension and why it exists.
Every time they try to explain shit like this in movies or TV, we are worse off for it. Better to leave some mystery.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Finally watched the rest today. Really great show. I liked all the references from Star Wars to Lovecraft.

I couldn't stand Chunk at first, but he got better as the episodes played out to where I think he was my favorite.

I wonder if Barb's parents are pissed that the whole town forgot about her basically? "Eh, only one missing and presumed dead child per year will be cared about by the citizens of Hawkins. It's in the town charter, sorry Barb-family."

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Finally watched the rest today. Really great show. I liked all the references from Star Wars to Lovecraft.

I couldn't stand Chunk at first, but he got better as the episodes played out to where I think he was my favorite.

I wonder if Barb's parents are pissed that the whole town forgot about her basically? "Eh, only one missing and presumed dead child per year will be cared about by the citizens of Hawkins. It's in the town charter, sorry Barb-family."
Well the official story was they found her car and she ran away, only a select few know what really happened - and who's going to believe them?

I really enjoyed this a lot, made me want to start my pathfinder group up again. I can't really understand fast-forwarding through the kid scenes, that's like 50% of the show and their chemistry was the best part.

Kids are annoying in their own ways, but I don't think these kids were any more annoying than others.